test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Competitive Marks or the lack of options to get them.

parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Good day STO,
There are only 3 options to get Competitive marks on an average daily basis. “Core Assault”, “Binary Circuit” and “Twin Tribulations” After trying for two weeks to get a pug for any of the three TFO I give up, sort of. I believe I know all the limited Special events that would drop these marks, not really a viable daily, weekly or even monthly way to get them. Please consider offering them in other Choice Of Marks TFO's.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Also if you just do Randoms you get a choice box on top of the normal rewards. So if you happen to get Infected in a Random, you not only get the Omega Marks for it, you get the choice of marks inherant to the Random TFO rewards.

I STILL refer to TFOs as STFs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They ARE in other spoilmark queues, that's the reason why nobody playes the proper queues.
  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Thanks!!! Will check all TC

Edit: You received 130 Competitive Marks, from SB one. SMH at myself for not remembering this.

Multiple toons and I've been intent on getting Fleet Marks, forgetting everything else it seems. Thanks guys

Post edited by parish#5017 on
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, on Advanced, Defence of starbase One is great… and for fleet marks, CC is the fastest...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    We've just ended one grind event and going straight into another.

Use those to get the marks you need and don't bother trying to pug the 10mans unless you have something to do while you wait that won't put you to sleep before the queue pops.

On the offchance there's actually a breather between events then use random STF's.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also, if you get a Mark Box from Endeavors you can select Competitive. Today's Featured TFO will also give you a Competitive choice.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    We've just ended one grind event and going straight into another.
    I hate how people have butchered the word grind.

True, grind was getting the Omega set in the old days of the Borg STFs, my god, played that some almost 500 times..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also if you just do Randoms you get a choice box on top of the normal rewards. So if you happen to get Infected in a Random, you not only get the Omega Marks for it, you get the choice of marks inherant to the Random TFO rewards.

I STILL refer to TFOs as STFs.

I still call them ETFs most of the time. I don't remember what STF stood for?
    Special Task Force. Which technically only ever actually applied to the borg queues, not that that ever stopped people calling all the queues that.

I don't think I've ever even heard of "ETF."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    £ ® i u ¶

Now that's how you butcher the word 'Grind'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    gaevsman wrote: »
    True, grind was getting the Omega set in the old days of the Borg STFs, my god, played that some almost 500 times..
    Yes, that was a grind.

However, having to log in for 14 of a 21 day time frame to play a TFO that barely lasts 10 minutes isn't a grind. It's not even work.

I remember the pre-rep grind. That was brutal when the Random Number Gods didn't smile on you. Even more frustrating when you're teamed up with fleetmates and they got their 3rd or 4th Salvage Tech in a row... and you're on a 10+ drought.
    The Random Number Gods can be cruel.

A 3 week event is hardly a grind. Yea it can get repetative, especially so soon after another 3 week event. But the way I see it... easy resources. Also the fact you no longer have to do it per character is great.

And as a costume fiend... I like costume unlocks.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    At least the omega grind actually required some effort on the part of the players and even had the devs put in a bit of time for what you had to work with.

The featured TFO's are just mindnumbingly dull with the new one being cut down and copy pasted. Which does ring a few warning bells if thats what they come out with having decided to cull the foundry in a money saving excercise.
This discussion has been closed.