test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Should I be punished for someone elses bad build

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
the leaver penalty needs to go, and here's why. I was in a GGA Today. The makeup was me, one good player, one player with less patience than me, and 2 players who had no business in an advanced queue. So we start. I go one way, the other 4 go the other way. At this point we learn that at least 2 players do not have good dps, not to mention anything respectable ("good" being defined here as at least being able to kill one of the bad guys. these weren't capable of that), and died way too much. So Player with less patience than me leaves. At this point other good player comes to help me, leaving 2 low-dps players on the other side. Good player and I complete our side, but low-dpsers decide to (after dying way too much) to drag the baddies from the other side all the way over to us. we clear them too. Then I go to the other side to clear out reinforcements but other good player gets tied up in the traffic jam so i'm alone. low-dpser comes to help, dies like 3 more times. that player leaves. seeing 3-man GGA with low-dpser #2, good player, and myself was going to be impossible, I decided to leave. And I GET STUCK WITH A STUPID LEAVER PENALTY!!!! I shouldn't be punished by ending up in a match that was going to take HOURS too long because of low-end players who shouldn't have been there making it impossible for time-effective pass, or any pass at all. Nobody should. The matches that would fall apart without a leaver penalty would fall apart anyhow, it just takes longer because decent players like myself will try to carry sub-par players to avoid having to take the leaver penalty. Sometimes we are successful but it takes too long and because of failure of bonus objectives, we get less for our valuable time. Ive been known to log off the game before due to the leaver penalty on my main because I was so frustrated for being punished for the shortfalling of other players. I think advanced queues should have a dps-floor placed on them. Do 10k or more for advanced. 20k or more for elite. It'll weed out players who shouldn't be there and avoid the rest of us from getting unjustly punished.

Let the low-end players start calling me an elitist and saying nasty things about me. Sorry, but in this case I know im right. Get better at the game.

Comments

• shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    This exact thread was already closed and no matter what being a leaver is a TRIBBLE move and no excuse makes it ok.
    not when im the 3rd one out. first 2 I agree. after that no. it was doomed. because of low-dps guy who souldn't have been there and the fact it was one of my 10-20k range newer toons, the last part of the GGA would've taken us an hour or so and that's after failing most bonuses and it so not being worth the time.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Only the last two people avoide the penalty. And as azrael said... the last thread on this same subject was closed for going around in circles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Only the last two people avoide the penalty. And as azrael said... the last thread on this same subject was closed for going around in circles.
    should be last 3. why should I be punished for someone elses horrible build.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    You can still complete things with three people though. Infected Ground requires at least 3 people in the last room. Can't do it with 2.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You can still complete things with three people though. Infected Ground requires at least 3 people in the last room. Can't do it with 2.

3 good players is the key. we didn't have 3 good players. only 2. completion was impossible. I retitled the thread to be clearer
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    we already had a thread dealing with this that turned into a flame fest. also rant threads are not permitted here on the forums. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.