test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Literary Challenge #50: "King Redux the Fifth"

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Fan Creations
Welcome to Unofficial Literary Challenge #50: "King Redux the Fifth"!

Prompt "First Contact"

Prompt 1: "Redux"

Pick a prompt from any previous literary challenge, official or unofficial, and make a new story with it.

Prompt 2: "Delegation of Power" by @antonine3258

Captains in the current era are usually 'lead from the front' types, but sometimes you have to put agency into your subordinates - a mission, some stroke of luck, or simple politics has the captain left behind as their loyal team of bridge officers has to complete some task - dangerous or no, how does your captain handle the passivity (or just the not knowing what's going on)?

Prompt 3: "The Captain who would be King" by @moonshadowdark

"During a routine expedition through the Gamma Quadrant, you discover a planet rich with natural resources. As you beam down to take sample readings, you are spotted by the pre-warp inhabitants, who view you as a god and demand you remain on their planet to serve as their king. How will you get out of this? Write a log detailing your escape or how your reign went."

As usual, no NSFW content.

The discussion thread is here.

The LC Submission thread is here.

Index of previous ULCs (click ULC 31 for earlier entries):
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/