test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix Private chat

are you devs going to wake up and realize that this has been set off like forever? this has never changed since Beta if not Alpha of startrek online. please fix private chat so i dont have to always and i mean ALWAYS right click some ones name in the chat box and click whisper every single time.

this is one of the very first complaints i made for this game so people should understand that this is very importent.
Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.

Comments

• imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    Does hitting Backspace to reply to PMs not work for you?
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    imadude3 wrote: »

Cryptic's complete absence of documentation strikes again. 🙄
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    imadude3 wrote: »

Cryptic's complete absence of documentation strikes again. 🙄

i am confused.
    are you saying they removed that feature without noting it in some patch notes?
    or did i just miss it somewhere?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    No... I think its the fact that its not documented that you can reply to the last PM just by hitting backspace.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I was also confused about the 'tone' of certain posts and replies in the Forums but just noticed the lack of a 'Title'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    rattler2 wrote: »
    No... I think its the fact that its not documented that you can reply to the last PM just by hitting backspace.

fair enough, i don't even know how i know about it in the first place.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    It could be a standard used by many MMOs and thus kinda... automatic knowledge. I don't know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • fury#0751 fury Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It could be a standard used by many MMOs and thus kinda... automatic knowledge. I don't know.

I’ve played STO since 2010 and today is the first I’ve heard of that. Every other mmo I’ve played uses /r for direct replies.

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Hitting backspace to make a quick reply to a tell used to be a tool tip somewhere, but I don't remember where I've seen it. Might have been a looong time ago.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Some people know about backspace, others don't.. it's really not documented that well at all.

Obviously, the OP didn't and felt it was easier to just hurl insults when the problem was just his lack of knowledge.

Well done. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    nexuruler wrote: »
    this is one of the very first complaints i made for this game so people should understand that this is very importent.

Sorry, "I want" does not make something "very important" to others or the game, it only makes it important to you.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Flaming and demanding aren't going to get you too far. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.