test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TMP era skins for TOS era ships

revskip1963revskip1963 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Just wondering. Since there are some TOS era ships that have future models, is there a chance to get some kind of upgrade to make the TOS ships look like TMP era ships? The prototype Federation Dreadnought Cruiser would look really good with the TMP features. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Probably not as ST;D has retconned TOS out of existence.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    No it hasn't. There's still 10 in universe years before TOS.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    To clarify some terms here:

Textures = the different material types available in the editor, as well as the rep shield visuals.

Model = the different variants of each ship and their individual parts (often with different shapes and sizes).

So to the OP; when you are asking for TMP "skins" for TOS ships, are you only asking for the type 8 texture/material that TMP ships use, or are you actually asking them to make a brand new model/variant of the TOS ships?

If the former, that's a realistic ask. If the latter, it is probably not.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

If you watched the last episode.. you will see that's not the case...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    To clarify some terms here:

Textures = the different material types available in the editor, as well as the rep shield visuals.

Model = the different variants of each ship and their individual parts (often with different shapes and sizes).

So to the OP; when you are asking for TMP "skins" for TOS ships, are you only asking for the type 8 texture/material that TMP ships use, or are you actually asking them to make a brand new model/variant of the TOS ships?

If the former, that's a realistic ask. If the latter, it is probably not.

The 8/8b material for those ships would actually be very interesting.. i dont like the TOS look, but the TMP look is pretty..
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @gaevsman said:
    > jrdobbsjr#3264 wrote: »
    >
    > Probably not as ST;D has retconned TOS out of existence.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you watched the last episode.. you will see that's not the case...

Or any episode

Also true
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I agree. I'd love to have a T6 Constellation Skin on the Temporal Cruiser.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Hopefully not. It was a stupid idea to make the TOS and TMP Connis the same ship. Doing that to any other ship would be far too fanwankish.

It's DSC. Adding a semi-colon to your nonsense words doesn't magically make it correct

And no. DSC is set a decade before TOS genius
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (Flaming/Gatekeeping, derailing comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.