test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove toxic endeavours, please

edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
The ground endeavours to kill up to 120 Arthropodes or up to 60 Gorn on Nimbus interfere with the Nimbus III Mission play of other players who need to kill or to loot them for mission progress. This is simply NOT the cooperative gameplay usually fostered by STO.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I say no to removing the endeavors you call toxic, which are not. Instead that they fix the code so that players that are on Nimbus doing the missions are not affected by those who are doing the ground endeavors. That would be my solution to the problem.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I say no to removing the endeavors you call toxic, which are not. Instead that they fix the code so that players that are on Nimbus doing the missions are not affected by those who are doing the ground endeavors. That would be my solution to the problem.

It would be nice but history simply does not support such an effort let alone an interest. Most effort is spent on gamblebox development. Sad but true...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    aspartan1 wrote: »

It would be nice but history simply does not support such an effort let alone an interest. Most effort is spent on gamblebox development. Sad but true...

I question when you say history does not support such an effort. We have a new EP instead of Stephen Ricossa. I have seen further progress in fixing long-standing issues and now as far as I know all the positions for STO have been filled with only 17 openings left for their other games and other positions within the company. Also, they are lockboxes and you always win lobi even if you don't win a ship or what you want. You also can get some of the ships on the exchange. Back to topic, I stand by what I typed. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I disagree... the nimbus endeavors are pretty toxic. it's not a battlezone. the gorns are not that plentiful... you can walk thru the canyon and not see a single mob up. when I get this endeavor, I do the Fist full of Gorn mission as well... you need to camp spawn points to get the gorns. Worse is when you need to kill 60 of em for the Red endeavor. Sure it can be done... but the time it takes is way more than needed if they just changed it to any mob on Nimbus 3... you can kill worms or scorps or gorns or other npc mobs. why limit it to just gorns?
  • Options
    edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User

That would be a better solution. Yepp.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edarta wrote: »

That would be a better solution. Yepp.

which is impossible if you think about it. you need 60 gorns for endeavor in nimbus 3... you go to the gorn canyon and kill em all. are you saying you wont see any gorns unless you have the mission? then pick up mission and then still kill & camp gorns. or are you saying that folks with the mission will spawn gorns on arrival? so more mobs will be up than normal wont that raise the difficulty? or can folks exploit this and pick up the mission to kill the gorns and then drop mission?
  • Options
    ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Gorns and arthropodes are not a problem. Nimbus is full of them and require 15 minutes maybe?
    There are much worse endeavor, like do 3 Lukari advanced or elite TFOs.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Respectfully, you are not entitled to any of the mobs on the map nor do they belong to you until you go out there and shoot them yourself. If you think those endeavors are bad, you should play some of the World of Warcraft questlines on opening day of a new expac, where it can take hours to get through certain areas. Trust me it could be far far worse than what it is.

The endeavors are meant to give someone something to do each day and in some cases perhaps breath a bit of life into areas and places people otherwise would never visit. Prime example being Nimbus.

There's already a much much simpler solution which is to spawn more mobs. Along with instance swapping. This endeavor is super specific and doesn't come up too often so I wouldn't expect the endeavor to change since it's not a problem save under very specific circumstances.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    con#2822 con Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on