test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Render Issue - Round 2

In order to prevent any confusion: this post will be done in a step by step format.

1.) Found a bug in the tailor on STO regarding male toons on both factions (FED and KDF). The bug in that when you use the chest hair option on the male toons and their chest sizes are bigger or smaller than the default: you either get blank boxes on the characters chest or it doesn't appear at all regardless of color selection (at times, the entire chest area would disappear [similar to the facial hair bug STO had not too long ago]).

2.) Sent a message to support WITH a picture of what was going on and a description of what I was seeing.

3.) Received a reply telling me "force verify" STO. Did as instructed and replied back. Noted to support that this same issue was happening on 2 different PCs and 1 laptop (different machines with different configurations).

4.) Received a reply back stating that I had found a bug in the game. Per the instructions of support: I am to post this here.

5.) Attempted previous post with the same information given. This is now another post regarding the same issue.

My apologies if this sounds rude; but, I want to make sure I am communicating this clearly. I don't mean to let my frustration regarding posting a bug report to get the best of me; but, I don't know how else to explain it or restate the steps that have been taken or without having to retype every detail for a 3rd time now. I am sure that if you had to explain something 3 different times: that you would feel a bit frustrated too.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Oh, that was reported before.....
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1242488/chest-hair

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1242504/chest-hair-bug

So, if you are seeing it now in 2019, it either was never fixed or something that came back, and will have to see if the Devs have time to figure out why.

Previous to that....Here is this thread.....

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1189855/where-is-the-chest-hair
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Risa should be interesting show this year, if chests are disappearing.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 2019
    Also, they will need to know what Faction your characters are in.... as in which version of Fed and KDF or Aliengen in one of the aligned Factions...etc...

EDIT: OOPs! I forgot: The steps to recreate the problem. As in...
    Step 1. Sign in 23c. Fed character/Discovery/Fed/Romulan Alien Gen character.....
    Step 2. Go to Tailor.
    Step 3. Select this or that costume name from this or that list.
    Step 4. Select hair option under such and such list. Etc...

Yeah, they want the details so they can reproduce it on their end.

@chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806

see if we can catch one of the Devs attention.
    Not to say they can work on it right now, though....it may just go on the list.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Risa should be interesting show this year, if chests are disappearing.

Along with the disappearing legs and sometimes arms of various species, we may see a bunch of floating heads on Risa in a few months. That would actually be pretty neat.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    All of my toons are "aliengen." Having said that, it is happening on: Fed, Romulan, and KDF. It also happens on male aliengen Discovery toons.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    This was fixed in the recent patch.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.