test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KLINGON Foundry Missions Before "Sunset"

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Klingon Discussion
Seriously. you are not still doing TFOs and Endeavors??????

OH NO!!

KLINGON Foundry missions not to be missed before April 11th!!!
That is weeks away, folks!!!

Lets put together a list to make it easier to find...

I know I had a thread around here, somewhere but it is probably WAYYYY too old...you know necro old. LOL!
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
Post edited by where2r1 on

Comments

• Options
    OK... I dug up the old Klingon Foundry Mission thread.....
    Copy and paste a list put together by Thunderfoot6...I hope he does not mind me reposting it here:
    Here is a list I made about two years ago. Twenty five KDF Foundry Missions in no particular order. These were selected for their story and "Klingon-ness". Since some of the best Star Trek episodes have a large amount of humor in them, the list is slightly skewed towards those Foundry missions which also feature humor. I was surprised how many are or have been Spotlight Missions when I began looking back for missions to put in the list.

The best Foundry Missions are those created by Star Trek fans for Star Trek fans. I probably spend more time playing Foundry Missions in between Featured Events than I do anything else. Decent loot. Dilithium. Specialization Points. And no repeating the same mission over and over again. What more could a true warrior ask for? I hope you enjoy these as much as I have.

Without further preamble or hype, here is the list.

Crouching Ty'Gkor Hidden Demon
    Devil's Devout
    Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant
    Federation Desperation
    Future Shock
    Grapok In The General's Lung
    HA01 - Stolen Property
    Hero of the Empire
    Honor of Ferasa
    Honor of the Empire
    Honor of Orions
    Infiltration Point
    Into the Nightmare
    Krios Falling
    Raktajino In A Jar
    Stray Dogs
    Tempus Fugit
    Terrors of the Past
    The Chimes At Midnight
    The Computer's Son
    The Fire In Which We Burn
    The Honor Of Profit
    The Hunter Killer
    The Prisoner
    Time The Enemy
    Time Will Tell
    Talking to Old Soldiers
    Vulture Wheel

Some of these Missions will appear in the Mission Select List after the Browse All button is highlighted. Within the Browse All Window, one can select to Search by one of four categories. If the one you are looking for does not appear, pick the Custom Search Option and type the name into the Title Box. This should bring the Mission up and from there, it is just like playing one of the Featured Episodes. Please make sure you read ALL of the Author's text in the window on the right. Very useful information there which should improve the quality of play for you.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    And here are my notes from that thread...not sure if I ever finished these,,,thanks to all the Events going on all the time...I would start with Thunderfoot's list...most of these cross over to his list, anyways:
    where2r1 wrote: »
    NOTES:

Foundry Top Mission highlights....located while out Doffing.
    Alhena 1 = The Computer's Son 1h10m, The Rights of the Many 27m

Danteri III = Trill Death Do We Part 24m
    Donatu V = Krios Falling 59m, Untimely Saboteur 39m

Hromi Cluster = Through the Veil 31m

Kahless Expanse = Survival Must Be Earned 44m, [Ico] The Alternative 1h7m

T'ong Nebula = Honor in Delivery 36m

Xarantine I = Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey 34m

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Story series by Captain_Revo
    Crouching Ty'Gokor Hidden Demon Pt. 1
    The Hunter Killer Pt. 2
    The Prisoner Pt. 3

The Fire in Which We Burn Pt. 1
    Future Shock Pt. 2
    Tempus Fugit Pt. 3

johnnysnowball
    A Smuggler's Life for Me

Story series by Oolue
    Return of Ja'Dok (FED side) Part 1
    Enemy of the Exile (KDF side) Part 2
    Task Force Ja'Dok (FED side) Part 3
    Ghosts of Ja'Dok (FED side) Part 4

This is a strange one...there are interacts to start the mission at Vor II for Part 2, 3, 4. BUT I have to figure out where Part 1 is. Maybe that one is on the Fed side???

• Options
    One last item ported over from that older thread:
    I found time to check out the KDF mission in the Foundry Spotlight. :) I just finished it up.
    It was awesome! :)

Time Will Tell by XR-377 @designationxr377

Ran this one with my Engineer Level 60 in one of her Pilot Raptors.

The story is great. There was a surprise around every corner...really kept me engaged as it unfolded. Loved reading all the variations on the dialog, even had a set in there for KDF/Roms...nice touch. :) It felt like: Hey, my Captain is getting to make a decision! Cool. :)

Mission was easy to follow and kept me occupied the entire time.
    Just the right amount of combat for me. I believe if you wanted you may be able to chase down more combatants. First time running this mission...so I did not wander around the maps very much and followed the story.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10839144

• Options
    Have fun with the Foundry while it is still alive!! Don't miss out on these!!!!
    We will likely never see them, again.

Get your Klingon on, folks!!!

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Thanks for the list mate, this is so sad and wrong...
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I am starting tonight with: Because the title has got me: Crouching Ty'Gokor HIdden Demon.

NOTE: To get the Foundry SEARCH to work:

Click on Foundry Tab in the Mission Journal....
    Click on "BROWSE ALL".
    Click on "CUSTOM" in the drop down list for search....choices are: Top Rated, Hot, New, Custom.
    Type in the Title (and/or Author Name, if you know it.)

TO GET THE PAGE TO REFRESH and give you the search results....
    Click on "Review Content" button then back to "Browse All".

At least that is how I do it. :)

Story series by Captain_Revo
    Crouching Ty'Gokor Hidden Demon Pt. 1 This starts at the Kahless Expanse.

The Hunter Killer Pt. 2
    The Prisoner Pt. 3

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Pretty easy to guess: Demons are the Fek.

Uh oh.... but we end with: Today is a Good Day for Romulans to die!!!!
    If you remember way back when....before the "Romulan Republic"....yeah, we all fighting with each other. LOL!

After a little bit of time to explore this map...
    REMEMBER: AFTER FINISHING the mission in the Foundry.... run around and EXPLORE the MAP!!! These guys spent a lot of time creating them....and it is really cool to see what is there. :)

Plus, there may be some stragglers to go shoot at. LOL! Never know.

So, I was wrong...not finished yet. We chasing Romulans now. LOL!
    Man, Romulan Plasma Torps and Tractor beam mines, are a pain.

This was on my Level 65 Klingon Engineer in her T-5 Vor'cha Retrofit.

OH...I got an Endeavor Box!!! Yea!! LOL!
    Let me check these Endeavors....Phaser damage and Antiproton damage.
    Well, I don't have anyone using Phaser...but I am sure someone has Antiproton.
    So, I may as well switch characters and get another Endeavor out of the way.

We are going on to: The Hunter Killer Pt. 2, we are heading to M'rade System

Once I set up the Space Tray on my Feresan...I moved him to the S'torr a bit ago and never did anything with it. He's the one carrying the Antiproton weapons....so....don't have a choice, now. LOL!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Well, finally set up. So much for being stealthy in the S'torr ship...you can see this thing coming for miles thanks to the fire trail. And no cloak. LOL!

Kinda messes up this mission because I am supposed to be sneaking around Romulans. But that's OK.

Ferasan is Engineer Level 65, he has all the Fek kit modules from Winter Wonderland.
    I get to try out the new ship, too. So, that is good. I have not tried the "Chains of Fire" console, yet.
    Hmmmm..I have 2 Aux2bat on the BOFFs...not sure why after all this time I am trying that one.

++++++++++++++++++++

WELLLLL...the story gets more interesting as we go along.... strange aliens, and being framed!!
    I can't wait to do Part 3, tomorrow. I forgot about that "Chain of Fire" console. LOL!

As for the Endeavor box...I was about 20,000 points short on my Antiproton damage...so I killed one ship in that Royal Rumble in the Foundry. Got that taken cared of. Gee...what a horrible exploit! Maybe people prefer that I would TFO and kill one ship and leave (you know, that thing they call "TFO Troll"). Really. Good luck with that. LOL!

Anyhoo...that is it for me tonight... 8:30pm here and I still need to do the dishes!!

• Options
    IN the light of day..... I am not sure I like playing in this S'torr ship, after all. I did buy that M'chla Pilot BoP. I may switch the Ferasan to that one before I go off to do The Prisoner Pt. 3 of this story by Captain_Revo

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OH...It is an OLD listing....Kael is not making this.....
    It was made in 2014 by Captain Smirk!!!

Anyhoo....list of Foundry Spotlight Missions......
    Thanks for pointing it out @frtoaster

Here is the link to THAT list:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3027483

If you are looking for KLINGON missions....look for (Klingon Faction) label under the author's name over in the right hand side.

• Options
    HOW TO USE THE FOUNDRY SEARCH:

NOTE: To get the Foundry SEARCH to work:

Click on Foundry Tab in the Mission Journal....
    Click on "BROWSE ALL".
    Click on "CUSTOM" in the drop down list for search....choices are: Top Rated, Hot, New, Custom.
    Type in the Title (and/or Author Name, if you know it.)

TO GET THE PAGE TO REFRESH and give you the search results....
    Click on "Review Content" button then back to "Browse All".

At least that is how I do it. :)

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OK... here is my Ferasan new ship....always uses red and neon green as his colors on his ship paint. He, also, wears that on Risa. OH and the Aegis shield for the red neon trim, of course. LOL!

This picture was in the tailor:

https://i.imgur.com/QCaCk9b.jpg

Just remembered...I have to set up the TRAY again. UGH!
    Here's a better picture, I am in Q'onos System Space....as I am setting up the space Tray...

https://i.imgur.com/AIaTWhe.jpg

Whatever you do....NEVER BUY THE SPACE EMOTES!!! They are a P.I.T.A.

• Options
    Story series by Captain_Revo.....The Prisoner Pt. 3 Starts in First City....then moves to Rura Penthe.

So...did not know they had Rura Penthe in the Foundry....let's go check it out! :)

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OMG... there is a Part 4 of this story I did not know about.....
    Everyone has their fingers in the pie....for destroying the Klingon Empire.
    We are now dealing with Undine!!!! Frickin' shape shifting rats that they are.

So, I am off to Infiltration Point Pt. 4 Starts at Vesper in the Pheben Sector :)
    And after looking at the Foundry Search... there is a Part 5...Into the Nightmare.

But first, must give the kitties their kitty treats or they will start yelling at me...in real life.

M'chla Pilot BOP....So far, so good. :) I definitely like this ship much better. Though, need more practice. It has Pilot Maneuver buttons... I am still trying to figure out this console: Graviton Displacer
    It looks like a Gravity Well that is tethered to the front of the ship...and pulls the enemy into your forward arc. I am not very good at it, yet. LOL!

• Options
    I don't trust this Orion chick.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Awwww... Infiltration Point Pt. 4...is broken. So, I can not finish it. :(
    OK..turns out....THAT wasn't supposed to be the way to go out to the house....
    That was the way I was supposed to go in the complex. I used the hole in the wall. LOL!

I guess, I must need to go around the wall...if I can, from the other side. But that is the North side where the guards are...so I won't be sneaking in. LOL!

So, Killing the guards got me into the house....onward.

++++++++++++++++++

Holy TRIBBLE....now, we have Travelers and Undines!!

Undine Bioships...very fun!! To kill, I mean. Tricky suckers though.

I wonder how far I got on my Mastery on this bird???
    Not a lot...I guess, not much XP for Foundry missions, either. LOL!

Getting late....so tomorrow, I will do Part 5...which is called Into the Nightmare
    And, yes, I am off to Gre'thor...to face Molor! Yea!!!!! Good night!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Hubby is taking the afternoon off....that means, I get to take the afternoon off. :)

So, I am on STO and in the Foundry. Finishing up the story series by Captain_Revo: Into the Nightmare Pt. 5

Interesting this story has the Hur'q and the Fek'lhri under their control. The Hur'q here are aliens created by the author, not the bugs. No Founders, but Travelers.

WOW! I killed more Undine ships than I ever have. LOL! Love this M'chla... Pilot BoP. I need practice using the pilot maneuver buttons...but they got me out of jams quite a bit. Especially those bubble things.

ON to the next. @trennan mentioned he had a few...I did one of his missions before...let me go hunt him down in the Foundry search.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OK...there are 3 stories by trennan...
    I already did the one in First City...that was kinda a tour thing.

We have:
    [Imp] Reclamation Archanis IV
    [Imp] S.O.T. Tiqchirgh <--note this is his first custom map, so need to explore that. It, also, says something about caves...so well, I don't do so good in mazes. LOL!

So, we will check these out. Hopefully they do not take too long... because I have to think about getting dinner started, in about an hour and a half.

I have no idea what [Imp] is. ???? I guess I find out. LOL!

Well...this is not a good sign...I can not find the door to start this mission at Archanis system. Hmm...it says something about going to Ganalda first...so....I will try that. OK...both of his missions start at Ganalda and they transwarp you directly to the location mentioned in the title.

+++++++++++

Remind me to execute the transporter officer.

LOL! Loved it! I think the space and ground battles could be tougher. Could use a bit of an intro to explain what was going on a bit better (or I needed to read more of the words)...but all in all...decent story. Thanks for the work, @trennan

I will do the Tiqchirgh one after dinner. :)

• Options
    :::::::::debating:::::::::: Do dishes first, or do STO missions first????

Eh, I guess I could do the dishes first, for a change. LOL !

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OK... didn't take that long at all....

Now...off to Ganalda Station! :) Hopefully, the caves are not too much of a maze.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OH...all I can say is @trennan : you TRIBBLE....that floor was a TRIBBLE!!!! But I got through, so HA HA!

This one is REALLY fun!! You have to try it, if you have the time:
    [Imp] S.O.T. Tiqchirgh by trennan

I do not know, for the life of me....why he got such bad ratings on this one. LOL!!
    Seriously, it is missions like this one that is going to be sorely missed when the Foundry is gone.

@frtoaster @ichaerus1 you guys have to try this one.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Let me see.... I think I will try something off of this list, next.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3027483

OH, since I am on my Ferasan.... lets do this one: Honor of Ferasa by sirboulevard

I have seen his name in the Foundry before (probably in the Spotlight, or Top Rated listings), but I do not think I did any of his missions before. And sure enough...this mission is in the Spotlight list, I don't even have to fiddle with a search!!! (Thank God/dess!!)

This one starts at First City, Transporter Officer.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    LOL! Don't you want an Eppoh friend?? LOL!

That was a very nice story! :) Thank you, sirboulevard....
    Thank you all the Authors in the Foundry.

I wish I had spent more time doing Foundry missions.....the sense of humor and flavor the Foundry authors can bring to STO...it is wonderful to see.

Getting close to 9:30pm and time for me to get off this computer for the night!

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

We have:
    [Imp] S.O.T. Tiqchirgh <--note this is his first custom map, so need to explore that. It, also, says something about caves...so well, I don't do so good in mazes. LOL!

So, we will check these out. Hopefully they do not take too long... because I have to think about getting dinner started, in about an hour and a half.

Well...this is not a good sign...I can not find the door to start this mission at Archanis system. Hmm...it says something about going to Ganalda first...so....I will try that. OK...both of his missions start at Ganalda and they transwarp you directly to the location mentioned in the title.

+++++++++++

LOL! Loved it! I think the space and ground battles could be tougher. Could use a bit of an intro to explain what was going on a bit better (or I needed to read more of the words)...but all in all...decent story. Thanks for the work, @trennan

We have:

+++++++++++

[Imp] was my tag for Imperial.

For that it's four in a row.

First City Bat'leth arena Speech
    Tiqchirgh - Exploration
    Tigchirch II - S.O.T. Special Operation Team

Would have been 4 missions total. The fourth map is there. I think it's called Tiqchirgh I, 2

Then my Reclamation on Archanis, which is suppose to happen around the end of the Klingon War. I also have a space station map I was working on, called Syathras Station.

All should popup with @trennan or trennan on an author search.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

Tiqchirgh - Exploration

Would have been 4 missions total. The fourth map is there. I think it's called Tiqchirgh I, 2

Then my Reclamation on Archanis, which is suppose to happen around the end of the Klingon War. I also have a space station map I was working on, called Syathras Station.

Ah... I am doing a regular search.
    I think you told me to search in Review mode. I will try that tomorrow. :)

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

Tiqchirgh - Exploration

Tiqchirgh - Exploration

Oh and the bad reviews on the S.O.T. one came from lack of decoration. One of the problems with doing a custom map, piece count. You're only allowed like 475. which I still had some room to work with. But all teh foundry ups and down between original publishing and now, I never really got the chance to do so.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh and the bad reviews on the S.O.T. one came from lack of decoration. One of the problems with doing a custom map, piece count. You're only allowed like 475. which I still had some room to work with. But all teh foundry ups and down between original publishing and now, I never really got the chance to do so.

I found 3 more of your missions under Review..... and since I am in NO MOOD to do any fighting TRIBBLE tonight....

I am going to go visit your maps you made:

Syathras Station and Tiqchirgh Settlement.

A bit of Exploration tonight.

Oh, as far as the S.O.T....they were looking at the decorations...they were gonna miss the probe thing. LOL! Besides the candle light made the place very moody. BTW...I was freaking out on the shadows on the walls. And I thought that was the effect you were going for. LOL!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    OOPs first mistake...I hailed both of those missions....I have 3 prompts to choose from at Ganalda Station! LOL!
    Oh well...I will just pick one and see which map it takes me to.

This truly is exploring.....

I landed on the Syathras Station first. :)
    You did some serious building on that Shipyard, dude!!!! Amazing!!!

https://i.imgur.com/9eU73Z3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8BQwvw.jpg

BTW....this goes all the way around my BoP in the center.

Buildings and domes and factories on top of asteroids....WOW....what were you going to use this for?

https://i.imgur.com/xBODdO9.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Next...exploring the Tiqchirgh Settlement.

And what is going on here???? A huge ship crashed into looks like a Klingon building of some kind.

https://i.imgur.com/GN1ZZra.jpg

Here is the back side of the building...nice little pool there. :)

https://i.imgur.com/z6GXGfC.jpg

This is looking further up the hill I am currently on. I love this...I am a cactus person...I have all sorts of cacti growing all over my yard here in Arizona....

https://i.imgur.com/gv3M1Im.jpg

I climbed all the way up the hill...until I could go no further without sliding off.....
    You can see the pool of water wayyyyyy down there.....

https://i.imgur.com/cNDzQZ6.jpg

OH NOOOO! Ran down the hill too fast and could not stop.
    I fell in the pool of water...and I can't get out!!! The edges are too steep.
    BOFFs followed, of course. LOL!

https://i.imgur.com/hhmCPgz.jpg

(Edit: Hey @frtoaster the water is over my head. LOL!)

I am going to have to beam back to my ship. LOL!!!

You know what?? It is going on 9PM here and it will take me a few to get the screen shots on Imgur and ready to share.

So....I will have to explore Tiqchirgh Settlement another night. Because I want to climb on more mountains. :)

• Options
    @trennan I took some screen shots of your missions.