test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgradable Disco Photon Torpedo?

ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
So I've recently gotten my Discovery toon up to 65 and have begun upgrading her gear. All of the starting discovery (standard issue) gear that came with my ships is non upgradable. Does anyone know where I can obtain an upgradable Discovery era photon torpedo launcher?

Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    At the end of the DSC tutorial mission you're awarded with a Mk II Uncommon DSC phaser array, prototype photon torpedo, pistol and full auto rifle. These are tradeable and upgradeable.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Awesome, thanks. I must have misplaced mine. I'll create a throwaway character and grab it. Thanks for the info!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    We really do need easier access to Discovery Torps. However I do want to note that it suffers from the same problem as the Advanced Radiant Quantum Torpedo, where the tails don't render when you fire a Torp Spread. So for the Discovery Torp you end up just firing a volley of orbs rather than tadpoles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We really do need easier access to Discovery Torps. However I do want to note that it suffers from the same problem as the Advanced Radiant Quantum Torpedo, where the tails don't render when you fire a Torp Spread. So for the Discovery Torp you end up just firing a volley of orbs rather than tadpoles.

Yes, I noticed that as well. But, for now I'm just happy I got a mkxv epic disco torp! =D
    Wow... mine's only blue quality...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wow... mine's only blue quality...

Phoenix boxes. You have a little while left.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Is this limited to AOD toons or can it be picked up by others by doing the missions?
    At the moment its a Discovery character exclusive unless you want to make throwaway characters to get one to send to another character.
    From what I can see, you can create an AOD toon, skip tutorial, run around at Starfleet Academy, get the Torps and transfer them. Easiest way is an old AOY method, beam to your small craft, use account bank, deposit goods. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.