test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I would like to suggest a C-store option to boost a character to max level.

2»

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Maybe players can be charged cash for different:
    Rep (12 tokens to finish those, if you really need them),
    Admiralty (4 tokens, but only 2 really worth it),
    Specializations (8 tokens to finish, but not sure it is worth paying for all of those, either).
    Oh, maybe they should sell "Finish My Endeavors" tokens, too.

Can we petition "Which Rep/Spec/Endeavor is worth buying?" threads added to the FCT in advance? I can see the arguments going on in those.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yeah I can get a new character to 65 in very short order; but then what? I mean, said character will only have played the number of episodes and content necessary to get to that level. By the same token that character will have to start grind-fests like Reputations, Admiralty, R&D etc from scratch. Some players may like that. Some don't - and I am one of them.

You see..the biggest problem with this game is: It isn't about playing with each other, any more. It is about filling in all these bars.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I’m always blown away by the amount of times that people say that one can max a character in a minimal amount of time; thats assumingthat one min/maxes that amount of time, and options. I understand that its only a statement that is saying it isnt that hard, and I agree but I still shake my head that there a probably a ton of people that have done it; to each thier own but it doesnt sound like a lot of fun.

I’ve been playing since Beta and never had that much time on my hands to run roughshot through a character leveling, in that sort of manner. To max level by blowing through the game non-stop, or to pay ones way to max level are two sides of the same coin. Same scope, just picking between time and cost to sacrifice.

I would never buy such an option but if someone wants to pay to advance a second character or more of the same faction (not thier first, one should get to learn the factoon), I say go for it, 10,000 Zen per but they still need 20 play hours to get the Temporal Agent and other bonuses.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    You see..the biggest problem with this game is: It isn't about playing with each other, any more. It is about filling in all these bars.
    Except, to get the things needed to fill the bars of reputation, and R&D, you have to get marks, and crafting materials.... which you get mainly by playing TFOs, or Battlzones, which are content that either requires making a team, or at least playing in an open area with others trying to get the same things.
    Playing in the presense of others is not the same as playing with them.
    Specializations require EXP points, which you get by playing most content in the game, but the easiest content to get it from is easily repeatable group content like TFOs, which, again, require playing together.
    The easiest content to get EXP (and the only remotely efficient content to get ship EXP) is spamgrinding That One Patrol and quitting at the last phase to restart without cooldown.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Admiralty, especially Federation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.