test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do space points spent in the skill tree affect the ship stats?

bleachanimexbleachanimex Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2019 in The Academy
Hi all,

I was looking at how the space points I spent in my skill tree affects my ship stats, and I came across something strange. In my tactical skill tree, I invested all the points in the weapon specialization and weapon amplification (so I got +100 points in both of these skills), which means that I should get +4.0% crit chance, and +40.0% crit severity. However, this is not reflected in the crit chance/severity that I see under the "Attack" stat in the ship stat page (when you press U, you get to this menu). Furthermore, my shield regeneration rate is lower than what my shield item tooltip says it should be. Please see the screenshots attached to get a clear picture (literally) of what I mean.

Advanced weapons specialization: [img][/img]VsRgaEK.png
Advanced weapons amplification: YgVUNGV.png
Ship stats for crit chance/severity: YlnsxB7.png
Shield regeneration item tooltip: G86pY7o.png
Shield regen according to ship stats: 77qxZbw.png

NOTE: I was orbiting ESD when I looked at my ship stats page. I am well aware that space stats are not shown when I'm on the ground, or when I'm in sector space.

What do the stats under the "Attack" stat in the ship stats page actually mean? Where can I go to look at what my *actual* attacking stats are?

Thanks for the help guys :smile:
Tagged:

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Your ship stats only display the global critical hit/severity values that affect more than just weapons (such as Science abilities that do damage), but Weapon Specialization/Amplification only affects weapons, so will only show up under Tactical Skills as points when expanded.

Not sure on the Shield regen thing, but if you had just applied the Skill points there's sometimes a bit of lag in the things that they affect registering the changes.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Hi all,

Shield regeneration item tooltip: G86pY7o.png
    Shield regen according to ship stats: 77qxZbw.png

NOTE: I was orbiting ESD when I looked at my ship stats page. I am well aware that space stats are not shown when I'm on the ground, or when I'm in sector space.

Thanks for the help guys :smile:

Adjust your shield power to 100% and it should be the same.
    OPv9m3F.jpg