test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is literally everything one shotting me ever since I got to level 45ish?

tosurotosuro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
This is literally unplayable. The only way to kill a single enemy is to wait 15 minutes for the Nimbus Pirate Distress Call and let them deal with it...

Best Answer

Answers

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    What level are you now?
    What ship are you running?

After 45 your going to want to standardize around an single energy type (Also beam or cannons not both*).. Use the Tac consoles to boost that energy type.
    If you havent already you might want to fillout your skill tree..Start working on Reputations..RnD..There are some free Space traits on the exchange and missions..Some good gear as well.. Sol Defense will help out with resistances until you go that part down.

Probably going to need attack pattern Beta..Hazard Emitters and Tac team on your ship..(Highest Fire at Will (3) or Scatter Volley if you run cannons)

Also..If your in game..Add me Jacobs@odinforever20000 and I will not only help but wipe out some of those Npcs that are bothering ya..Think of me as a summoned pet assuring npc destruction:P

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • tosurotosuro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    What level are you now?
    Ha'feh Assault Warbird
    There are some free Space traits on the exchange and missions..Some good gear as well..
    What traits should I get off the Exchange? I'm trying to do the Episodes but almost everything 1 shots me, and it's only getting worse the higher level I am.
    Sol Defense will help out with resistances until you go that part down
    I Googled this, do you mean the Desperate Defenses set from Midnight? I don't have access to that Episode yet.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tosuro wrote: »
    This is literally unplayable. The only way to kill a single enemy is to wait 15 minutes for the Nimbus Pirate Distress Call and let them deal with it...

your "build" is probably junk and are you using a T5 ship with mk 12 gear?

if your not good with staying in that 45 degree arc... do NOT use dual cannons. ease of use would be only use beam arrays... very wide firing angle and decent dps. also make sure your power is 100 to weapons.

have some good consoles to heal ya... hopefully you have some of those event ship consoles that can heal.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Make sure your traits and skill tree is still intact..as garak31 mentioned.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    What level are you now?
    Ha'feh Assault Warbird
    There are some free Space traits on the exchange and missions..Some good gear as well..
    What traits should I get off the Exchange? I'm trying to do the Episodes but almost everything 1 shots me, and it's only getting worse the higher level I am.
    Sol Defense will help out with resistances until you go that part down
    I Googled this, do you mean the Desperate Defenses set from Midnight? I don't have access to that Episode yet.

Yup..Your at the "NPCs WILL kick your butt rank with lvl 45 Builds"..The game doesn't train you for after lvl 45. You should be far more powerful that the nimbus summons.

Starship Mastery Unlock:: Honored Dead (1m ec) builds up your resistances.
    Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Oblique Shielding = More base resistances. (about 4m ec)

Are you using 1 energy type? Like Phaser or Plasma? 1 Energy weapon type say Beam arrays or Cannons?
    What rank is your current gear..
    What is your current gear.

Add me Ill help ya in game.@odinforever20000

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    This is behind the times (see above) but if you're EC-poor despite access to Admiralty and Endeavors:

For cheap damage resistance, craft a VR Mark II neutronium engineering console and level it up with Superior, Phoenix, Omega (kind of a waste) or Romulan admiralty tech upgrades. If you don't have R&D leveled up ask a friend, a fleet mate, or buy one (at Mark II !) from the Exchange.

Make sure you have some heals in your bridge officer powers, though if you're an Engineer your class heal is great for that too.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Ha'feh Assault Warbird

I'm trying to do the Episodes but almost everything 1 shots me, and it's only getting worse the higher level I am.

You are getting 1 shot as your level has outpaced your ship and gear and it will get worse the higher you level unless you upgrade your gear, ship, skill and traits.

You need to provide a bit more information.

What is the latest mission you have done? so we can work on the episode set that you have to keep cost down.

Are you using 1 energy type? Like Phaser or Plasma? 1 Energy weapon type say Beam arrays or Cannons?

Do you have https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fek'Ihri_S'torr_Warship or https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vulcan_T'Pau_Scout_Ship.?
    Those level up ship can be used until you get to 65. Then you can decide on what ship you want to get.
    Post edited by sarah2774 on
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • tosurotosuro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Starship Mastery Unlock:: Honored Dead (1m ec) builds up your resistances.
    Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Oblique Shielding = More base resistances. (about 4m ec)
    I will check these out when I get enough EC, thanks

Yes, Phaser, Mk XII, I managed to get to 65 somehow, phew
    This is behind the times (see above) but if you're EC-poor despite access to Admiralty and Endeavors:

For cheap damage resistance, craft a VR Mark II neutronium engineering console and level it up with Superior, Phoenix, Omega (kind of a waste) or Romulan admiralty tech upgrades. If you don't have R&D leveled up ask a friend, a fleet mate, or buy one (at Mark II !) from the Exchange.

Make sure you have some heals in your bridge officer powers, though if you're an Engineer your class heal is great for that too.

I'm Tac, and yeah, I'm using all the kinetic and other resists I can find. It is mostly the kinetic damage dealing over 50k dmg, in one hit, hitting multiple times, that kills me, shields up or not, meanwhile my torpedoes crit for 10k if I'm super lucky and enemies don't have any shields left over on them.
    "sarah2774 wrote:

You are getting 1 shot as your level has outpaced your ship and gear and it will get worse the higher you level unless you upgrade your gear, ship, skill and traits.

You need to provide a bit more information.

What is the latest mission you have done? so we can work on the episode set that you have to keep cost down.

I actually switched to the T'Pau I got from anniversary, and it got a little better, but still can't survive much. I was making my way through the last Dyson Episode when the server downtime started. Even the Science Ship I got after going to the other sphere through that portal is getting wrecked with a couple of salvos from enemies. It's supposed to be some super advanced ship, but it survives about as much as the next repurposed scrap.

Basically, no one will convince me anymore that NPC damage is fine, sorry but it's out of hand.

edited February 2019

I actually switched to the T'Pau I got from anniversary, and it got a little better, but still can't survive much. I was making my way through the last Dyson Episode when the server downtime started. Even the Science Ship I got after going to the other sphere through that portal is getting wrecked with a couple of salvos from enemies. It's supposed to be some super advanced ship, but it survives about as much as the next repurposed scrap.

Basically, no one will convince me anymore that NPC damage is fine, sorry but it's out of hand.

It's not the ship but your build. NPC damage will be high if you fly with rubbish gear. No matter how good the ship is if you fly without shields you will die. At 65 you are suppose to have all that gear and the storyline episodes should have been completed. You are only at the start of getting ships mission sets which are vital in surviving episodes. If the NPC damage is out of hand then everyone should be struggling. Everyone doing fine only you are struggling.

Use the https://sto.gamepedia.com/Solanae_Hybrid_Technologies. Since your weapons are Phaser, Mk XII it should be fine temporary. The gear are just enough but you need to improve your survivability. Later missions when you get a better set replace them.

Skill tree should be heavy on survival to offset your weak gear unless you are willing to upgrade gear to higher Mk level. There should be an upgrade weekend coming soon. You can use https://sto.gamepedia.com/Phoenix_Universal_Tech_Upgrade

You need survival console and traits. The cheapest path is to use reputation gear. Lukari has the best survivability. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Restoration_Initiative_Armaments https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Restoration_Initiative_Starship_Technologies

OPv9m3F.jpg
    CWMzm2C.jpg

^ Example Build with a T'pau. You can stick standard Exotic Particle Generators in the sci slots(you'll need 5) and Console - Tactical - Chronometric Capacitor for 250-300 EPG before you add a deflector with EPG or Temporal Spec.(This is how that ship does damage..With the exotic damage abilities like Gravity Well)..Quantum Phase Weapon set is nice (Especially when you secondary spec into Drain). The only other Phaser sets are the Prolonged Engagment (Mission Reward) and Trilithium Laced..At least they are free right?

A great multi purpose space set is the Bajoran. Everything is re-engineerable and that deflector can go as high as the Solanae for EPG (+50)

Those are later mission set which you can get for free.

OPv9m3F.jpg