test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skins

javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
I noticed that I can no longer add tattoos/scars to NPC ground characters or change the material on NPC ships. Is this being worked on?
His methods have become unsound.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @javaman1969 said:
    > I noticed that I can no longer add tattoos/scars to NPC ground characters or change the material on NPC ships. Is this being worked on?

Yes, it “being worked on” for the last seven months...
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    > @javaman1969 said:
    > I noticed that I can no longer add tattoos/scars to NPC ground characters or change the material on NPC ships. Is this being worked on?

Yes, it “being worked on” for the last seven months...
    Actually this bug is fairly recently IIRC, there was bug ealier that prevented missions from launching but I do recall the editor working back fine then.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    > @spiritborn said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > > @javaman1969 said:
    > > I noticed that I can no longer add tattoos/scars to NPC ground characters or change the material on NPC ships. Is this being worked on?
    >
    > Yes, it “being worked on” for the last seven months...
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually this bug is fairly recently IIRC, there was bug ealier that prevented missions from launching but I do recall the editor working back fine then.

It didn’t, when the editor went down Kael “broke something” and since then you can’t edit costumes
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2019

It didn’t, when the editor went down Kael “broke something” and since then you can’t edit costumes

There's many levels of breakage and I don't think what Kael referenced caused all of them with AOD's launch. We've reported the problems to Cryptic and they're looking into it, when able. IMO though the problem is with senior management choosing to push it to low priorities (more so than previously) and rushing headlong into AoD (caused problems at many levels) and other subsequent releases (see also. tailors problems since AOD.) From what it seems to me, complex systems broke because not enough care went into building/testing for Andre's (STO's exec producer) first big release and the situation we have now is the direct result (where Cryptic's increasingly unable to fix Foundry issues in a timely manner [smaller STO team, mounting technical problems] and the other work they're doing has had a greater knock-on effect [how the Foundry broke after AOD was unprecedented.] They couldn't afford to have the bugs that ultimately occurred.)

That's worth commenting on (a "why we can't have nice things" problem and IMO a serious issue for STO's long-term prospects) but note that it's definitely not Kael who's at fault here. He's been pushing for fixes and supporting the Foundry as best he can (see. new spotlight.) In working with the community he's in a prime position to appreciate how the foundry works to build constructive player dynamics. However, as the CM he can't order a change of priorities at the studio. The higher ups need to make the decision to invest more in the Foundry (as opposed to say new layers of programmatic grinding systems. Games get the community they build for.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.