test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which reputation system rewards elite marks at t5?

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
Sometime when I start a new toon I always seem to forget that not all of the reputation's rewards you with elite marks. So just want to know which reputation system rewards doesn't give you elite marks?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Did you check in the Wiki?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited February 2019
    It looks like you have to check individual pages for each of the 12 rep, in order to see if they give out the Elite marks at Tier 5.

I looked at Gamma rep page it is clearly noted in the first section:
    Hitting Tier V with the Gamma Task Force grants the mission “Gamma Task Force Tier 5”, which gives the following rewards: 750 Gamma Mark icon.png, 32,000 Refined dilithium icon.png, 65,000 Expertise icon.png, 40,000 Energy credit icon.png, 5 [Germanium Carapace Fragment], the non-combat pet [Miniaturized Danube Runabout], and the title choice "Gamma Task Force Veteran".

It is a pain to do on my Kindle...so I will leave the URL of the main Rep page here:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Tholian and Romulan, from what i remember
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Tholian and Romulan, from what i remember

Yup these two never had elite marks to begin with.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I agree with the above. Tholian and Romulan never had elite marks, so they wouldn't award elite marks.

Rule of thumb with claiming T5 on a rep is you get enough resources to claim one piece of rep gear, typically space gear. This includes ECs, Marks, Dilithium, and Elite Marks. The oddball of that rule however is actually Omega Rep, which only rewards you with enough for a piece of ground gear, which is cheaper. So instead of getting about 15k DL (which is about the DL cost for a piece of space gear before T6 discount) you only get about 9k (enough for a piece of ground gear pre T6 discount)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    some other rep(s) even thou they have elite marks do not reward elite marks at T5. so it's not just Romulan & Tholian.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    some other rep(s) even thou they have elite marks do not reward elite marks at T5. so it's not just Romulan & Tholian.

No, but sometimes the "finishing mission" for claiming Tier 5 on reputation gets "stuck", and you get the marks (and dil, and advanced marks) after you change a map - i think.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tigeraries said:
    > some other rep(s) even thou they have elite marks do not reward elite marks at T5. so it's not just Romulan & Tholian.

Nope.

what do you mean no? I've hit T5 and didnt get any elite marks from either Delta, Iconian or Terran back in the day. did they fix this or normalize the reward? if so did they go back and gave folks who finished the missing elite marks for T5?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I've never noticed that problem. But if it was broken at one point, they're not gonna be able to retroactively give people Elite Tokens. Too hard to tell who was legit denied and who's just asking for a freebee, and the database probably doesn't tag particular items and "recieved via Rep Project" vs "recieved via STF completion". For all intents and purposes the Elite Tokens you get for T5 Rep are the exact same ones you earn in game. Nothing different, other than how you got those particular ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    As saber1973a said, you sometimes complete a rep and claim the reward, and nothing happens. The reward will actually trigger and items granted the next time you do a map change.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I didn't get the iconian recently on my new Disco character. I haven't done all the other reps with him and probably won't. I did get the marks on Dyson and Borg for him.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Iconian and Delta have never awarded the 5 Elite Marks as part of the reward for T5. No amount of complaining ever got them to normalize those Reps to do so.

Or Award the 32,500 Dilitium and 750 Marks for Omega for that matter. They do 9,000 and 500 instead. But they do award 10 Elite Marks.

And as pointed out above Nakura and Romulan don't have Elite Marks.

Other than those noted above all other do.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I meant exactly what I said. I have hit T5 in all Reps on multiple characters, including Iconian, Delta, and Terran and I got the normal 5 Elite marks for each and every one.

This is correct.

If someone didn't get the Elite Marks, you encountered a bug. I have done all the reps to T6 on all my characters and all of them received Elite Marks on any rep that offered them.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Iconian and Delta have never awarded the 5 Elite Marks as part of the reward for T5.

I am sorry, but that is simply not true. They both award Elite Marks at T5 and always have.
    Insert witty signature line here.

edited February 2019
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > I meant exactly what I said. I have hit T5 in all Reps on multiple characters, including Iconian, Delta, and Terran and I got the normal 5 Elite marks for each and every one.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is correct.
    >
    > If someone didn't get the Elite Marks, you encountered a bug. I have done all the reps to T6 on all my characters and all of them received Elite Marks on any rep that offered them.
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Iconian and Delta have never awarded the 5 Elite Marks as part of the reward for T5.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry, but that is simply not true. They both award Elite Marks at T5 and always have.

You might want to check this out, especially the second post of the Thread from a Cryptic Developer.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1244444/tier-v-reputation-rewards-missing

He is, however, incorrect about the 8472, it does award the Injections. I just rechecked my Discovery Character who is in the midst of doing all the Reputations. The Character has 8 APCs and 6 Datacores. Three runs of the last two Kobali Ground Battlezone for 6 each, 1 APC for 'Our Last Chance for Peace' first run through, and 1 APC from the Daily Reward Boxes.

I have watched the Chat when the T5 Rewards were given and Delta and Iconian gave all the rest but no Elite Marks. And I noted from the Chat the Awards from the Kobali Dailies.

NONE of my Characters have ever gotten the Elite Marks for reaching T5 Reputation in Delta or Iconian Reputations. All my 16 Characters have been through to T5 on all Reputations (minus a few almost there for the Discovery Character).

I have been writing about this for years and there have been numerous Threads and Posts on this very topic from numbers of people.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2019
    Iconian and Delta have never awarded the 5 Elite Marks as part of the reward for T5. No amount of complaining ever got them to normalize those Reps to do so.

Or Award the 32,500 Dilitium and 750 Marks for Omega for that matter. They do 9,000 and 500 instead. But they do award 10 Elite Marks.

And as pointed out above Nakura and Romulan don't have Elite Marks.

Other than those noted above all other do.

Thank you! I know there are reps besides Rom & Tholian that do not reward elite marks. Cause I use em to buy stuff right after I hit T5 and I couldnt cause I didnt get any. I got EC, Marks & Dil but no elite marks. But it's only 1 or 2 additional reps... the rest all gave. Course this was before Discovery Toons or the revamp with JHD & T6 discounts etc. Could be they revamped it all now and normalized rewards. I wouldnt put it past em. I wouldnt be able to check since I did not keep playing my Disc toon since there was no recruit event... still sitting at L6 and will delete asap when I need the slot to make another toon in the future.
    edited February 2019
    If the Iconian and Delta Reps have been broken that long...it is probably the same way on Tribble. Where it could be easily checked out.

Plus, they just did a lot of fussing around with Tier 6 and the Rep...you sure they did not go and fix it then?

They are not 'broken', it was/is intentional.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's been quite a while since I achieved T5, I had already been T5 for quite a while when they introduced T6 reps.. but when I did originally get to T5 I didn't have any reps that didn't give me Elite Marks (except for the ones that don't have them.) Back then, Iconian was the 'go to' rep and I used to grab 4 set pieces from that Rep.. I remember thinking at least I got one for 'free' so I only had to grind out 3.

If that changed with the new Rep system, then ok.. but that makes absolutely no sense. I don't believe it's 'intentional' because it makes absolutely no sense to just pick 2 reputations and say those 2 no longer get Elite Marks. That makes no sense at all.. I think it's more like it got bugged somehow and they can't or won't fix it. Either way, it's something that should be changed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited February 2019
    Nothing points to when they changed it, other than a verbal on a bug report in October 2018?

Was it in patch notes??? Or anything??
    We need to get the Wiki updated. I am not sure how much verification they would want.

Yeah, I am going to go on Tribble and see if I can speed level those Reps and see what the T-5 Rewards are, so I have something to tell the Wiki folks. Because I read the rest of that thread and it only got more confusing. LOL!

They didn't change it. It started out that way and continues today. There was quite a bit of hubbub on the Forums when those Reputations were introduced. When they redid those Kobali BZ end Missions there was quite a relief that there was an alternative method to getting those Elite Marks than Advanced/Elite Queues.

You can look back and find Bug Reports back into 2015.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    If you knew for so long, why didn't you get the information over to the Wiki folks?? LOL!

The Wiki Folks just must have copy pasted and I never really looked there until this Thread. Until this Thread I thought it was 'common knowledge'.

I also verified that 8472 does indeed award the Elite Marks (Isomorphic Injections) as my Discovery Character has 8. Five from T5 Rewards and three from a full run of the Undine BZ.

As far as having them normalizing the Reputation Rewards, I have suggested that in Threads over the years, including the early T6 announcement Thread. That was related to fixing up stuff as they were tinkering with the Reps anyway:

- Awarding Delta and Iconian Elite Marks as part of the T5 Rewards.

- Reducing the prices of Omega Rep Space Gear to 750 Marks like all other Reps and Dilitium costs to 32,000.

- Awarding 750 Marks and 32,000 Dilitium for the T5 Omega Rep Rewards.

- Removing the Doff costs and converting it to 100 Dilitium per Doff for those Nukara/New Romulus Consumable Projects.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    so I may have to grind extra elite marks for Delta and Iconian marks thanks all ^^
    Actually, my Discovery Character finished up the Delta Rep last night. (Iconian was last week). The Mission Reward pop-up for the T5 Reputation shows what you will get when you click Continue, showed EC, Dilitium, Marks, Titles, and Expertise but no APCs. Clicked Continue and watched chat and no APCs. I still had the 8 APCs that I mentioned previously.

If the Mission Rewards Screen doesn't show it, it means that it wasn't intended as a Reward to begin with.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2019
    - Removing the Doff costs and converting it to 100 Dilitium per Doff for those Nukara/New Romulus Consumable Projects.

Wait a minute......
    Didn't the DOFF cost conversion to Dilithium bite you in the TRIBBLE, when you requested that for the Colony Holdings? Now, you are suggesting the same thing for Rep? LOL!

This discussion has been closed.