test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 2/21/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 2/21 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    FINALLY a fix for the EP 607 drone. Main reason I never used it on my Drone Master was because of that particular issue. Thank You Bug Team! You guys deserve more praise than you get on these forums.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Still no fix for the foundry
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    FINALLY a fix for the EP 607 drone. Main reason I never used it on my Drone Master was because of that particular issue. Thank You Bug Team! You guys deserve more praise than you get on these forums.

If it is still hugging up next to me...I won't use it. Creepy thing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @rattler2 said:
    > FINALLY a fix for the EP 607 drone. Main reason I never used it on my Drone Master was because of that particular issue. Thank You Bug Team! You guys deserve more praise than you get on these forums.

Yes, but also don't forget that it took years until that fix. It's really weird, the item was basically unusable from the moment it was in the game and was only fixed now. Is that an indicator how long the queue of issues is? Maybe a few more employees squishing bugs are something to consider 😕
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Ahlala, that's too bad! Echo Papa 607 could have made it to the 2-year milestone before being fixed! That's very sad to see it fail so close and miss the platinum medal of dishonor!

Seriously, while a fix is welcome, at last, that's still nearly 2 years this item has been broken.

And since it was released during Escalation and the release of the Competitive Wargames, players who used it while playing them got to see how incredibly annoying this bug was (and with any portion of the game that require you to move fast, whether it's escaping a weapon range or avoiding a OHK attack). Especially since you couldn't make the drone go away to recover your running ability.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

If it is still hugging up next to me...I won't use it. Creepy thing.

It just loves you. :3
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They disappear after the Event is over as they constantly revert back to pre-Event Store when shutting down the Event. Never learn.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    It will be good to have it fixed though! it is my favorite, and despite the bug; I still used it almost daily. lol
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I have the 607 and i am happy this is gonna get fixed. Its annoying for this to be broke but finally its fixed.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Wait, that was a bug? I thought it was a feature....

But seriously, while I have been aware of the slowdown effect, and it drove me crazy while it was going on, I had no idea at all that it was caused by the Drone. I've been using those drones on almost every one of my characters since they first came out. I guess I've learned something new today. :expressionless:
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Good bug fixes. Also, to those asking about the bug issues, Cryptic is trying to hire a QA person for STO. Look at the Cryptic Studios website. Right now there are 19 job postings in that company. They should fix the in-game reporting bug so tickets show up like they used to so that there are various ways to report a bug and not just through the Arcgames website and these forums. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Is this done, yet?? I got Omega Dailies to set up for. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    tried logging in just a moment a got and got this "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" please don't tell me this thing is back again cryptic?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The downtime is for another hour yet or so.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    The downtime is for another hour yet or so.

Another two by the looks of it. Launcher reads 10.30am Pacific. 6.30pm UTC
  • barinorpahnbarinorpahn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Hubby just told me 2 more hours. :frowning: "California is an hour behind, right now."

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    -
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Pushed back an hour after being down an hour extra as it is .. :( disappointing.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I think only one character of mine had the Echo Pappa, so I didn't notice it much (I thought the no run bug was just a fluke, my bad :blush: ). I'm glad it's fixed :)
  • nashbroadsword#1738 nashbroadsword Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. Maybe file a bug report instead of trolling the forum. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • dannon#6463 dannon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Star Trek Online
    Post edited by dannon#6463 on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Game is down for maintenance an average of 3 hours a week, it's not nearly that bad.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    PC Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!

The anniversary event will be briefly switched off, but is not gone forever and will return for the extension.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Game is down for maintenance an average of 3 hours a week, it's not nearly that bad.

I remember back in the days of WoW vanilla my chosen could be either totally down or so laggy/unstable that it was effectly unplayble and I don't mean some rubber banding at active locations, I mean slide show at even at locations where there were not that many players.
    edited February 2019
    Hmmm..odd I saw this post was closed.....
    Now it is open? Can I comment????

I can comment. How strange. What is going on? LOL!
    All I did was refresh the Forum "Recent Discussions"

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Awesome Echo papa is fixed so I can now run it... by any chance has fixing this also fixed the fact command module 'strategic analysis' also has a run issue?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Hmmm..odd I saw this post was closed.....
    Now it is open? Can I comment????

I can comment. How strange. What is going on? LOL!
    All I did was refresh the Forum "Recent Discussions"

Stop judging me! :weary:

LOL
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Stop judging me! :weary:

LOL

LOL! You did that?

I was trying to figure out that other thing about refresh screens......then noticed:
    Hey I can clear closed threads with a refresh...that is weird.

Don't worry, I am in the game turning around contraband and the Omega crafting blah stuff, now.

First City looks empty without Q and his giant dancers. LOL!

This discussion has been closed.