test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Battle for the Soul of Pahvo

13»

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There are parts that look like paths on the map which aren't.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I follow the 'Yellow Brick Road' and when a section is done, Transport to Spire, and off on another 'Yellow Brick Road'. For end encounter, Transport to Spire. No getting lost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

That ready check thing would be fantastic, I have noticed that the with the timer being so long a lot of people seem to have fallen asleep or gone afk and are left standing there doing nothing for a while.

I confess that I have, more than once, tabbed out during the briefing only to totally forget what I was supposed to be doing and not remember until several minutes into the TFO. For that I sincerely apologize to my team mates. You all didn't deserve that, but that briefing time is too damn long.
    Apart from the annoying 'beam to spire' popping up in the middle of the screen so you could accidentally interact with it - please keep this a 'low priority' interaction at all times - this is the only real beef I have with this TFO.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    Says something about the TFO if you forgot about it so easily.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The 15 second charge gain on the kit module reward for this fTFO seems unaffected by kit readiness... is this intentional? What's the point of having a skill if it is only going to be selectively applied?

That skill is for cooldown, a different mechanic from charge rate. It is the same way with the piercing plasma rifles and other "charge" weapons like the snowblower. They charge fast enough that it is not a problem anyway most of the time.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Age of Discovery : TWO episodes plus a TFO with no real advancement of plot or anything long lasting.
    Quinn "you need to study how this time displaced Klingon fights" *never seen again to date*
    Terran Tilly makes a super weapon, transports herself off to places unknown

They already explained, and we have repeated, multiple times that 'more is coming'. They also said that as the game go forwards they'll be working on several storylines simultaneously, so we got the two episodes of AoD, then we got the mirror episodes, and then they'll likely give us a couple of AoD episodes too later, or maybe they'll start a third storyline - I'm hoping for something on Nexus Guys - before returning to AoD.
    The way stuff is being worked on have undergone a radical change and as a result so have how it's put into the game. Large part of that is that for the first time in the story of a Trek game ever are we getting content related to an ongoing series. As much as I can understand the frustration and I'd like to see new episodes too soon, I can also accept that it'll take some getting used to working this way from the devs. As much as we as players will have to adapt to this form of change I imagine it might be harder for the people creating our content to change how they've been used to work for years all of a sudden.

That said, I really am hoping for some new episode content sooner rather than later. I know the Road Map seem to say May for that, but otoh it also said March for Personal Endeavors which we already have, so here's to hoping.

The thing is: after those two very short episodes, the DSC player gets transported to the present. I doubt they will change their mind and send all DSC character back in time for a handful of new DSC addition. TOS characters have a lot more episodes, and they are significantly longer. In other words, AoD arc is over and new content can't really be added. Mirror DSC does open quite a few doors, but nothing for DSC characters.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Yes, they released the first and last episodes in the Discovery character's story arc at release. All other Discovery era episodes will take place between those two. Once all released, a newly minted DSC character will go through all of the DSC era missions before getting transported to 2409.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Yes, they released the first and last episodes in the Discovery character's story arc at release. All other Discovery era episodes will take place between those two. Once all released, a newly minted DSC character will go through all of the DSC era missions before getting transported to 2409.
    That will be "wonky looking" for existing character to run those episodes.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And now when the new Episodes are released they too will have to be run on Discovery Characters. Everything else will be blocked because those Arcs come before anything else, whereas, for all other Characters they are placed at the end of all the Arcs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    No doubt I'll get slapped for a necro however since there's no console based thread and this is the event currently active there, too bad.

This ground map serves to highlight many of the built in issues that the console port has had baked in from the start.

1. Aiming mode is always active so if someone wanders across in front of you shots go wildly off target. Reticle is way too large for whats actually needed.
    2. Aiming down sights will glue onto enemies 100m or more away instead of the enemies that are up close and shooting at you, often it will snap from a target within range to the far off ones despite there being no chance of line of sight.
    3. The jump button being the same as interaction becomes a source of irritation because to get past the clutter on the ground most peoples reaction in a game is to jump. BUT because of that damn port to spire option that appears on screen you don't jump over the rock you get punted back to the start.