test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Character

waffels1waffels1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
I believe the Jem'Hadar are aligned with the starfleet federation. With that said, is there a race that starts at lvl 60 for the opposing faction?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar can also choose Klingon.
  • waffels1waffels1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

They can?!! I thought they could too but after the 1st set of episodes you get taken to D9..Isn't that a starfleet base?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    waffels1 wrote: »

They can?!! I thought they could too but after the 1st set of episodes you get taken to D9..Isn't that a starfleet base?

Sort of but look around, there are Klingons there too, even during the Klingon - Federation war.
  • waffels1waffels1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    waffels1 wrote: »

Sort of but look around, there are Klingons there too, even during the Klingon - Federation war.

Ok cool, I got a cross faction ship bundle last week on my fleet toon that has a Kolasi Siege Destroyer, I was hoping he'd be able to use but I guess not and I didn't really wanna level another toon just for that.

• zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    They are like the Romulans, after the "story" missions you pick a faction to align with. Then you have access to those ships too.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Fed & KDF stop being "opposing" long before the jem'hadar storyline begins. You only have to choose between them because recoding the engine to support all single-faction gameplay would cost too much.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Fed & KDF stop being "opposing" long before the jem'hadar storyline begins. You only have to choose between them because recoding the engine to support all single-faction gameplay would cost too much.

Ehh.. possibly. However the main reason for the faction choice, is to choose which doff assignments you want. Since, between game play and factions, that's really all that's different. Well and the outfits, which in this case, the KDF ones look better.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

Ehh.. possibly. However the main reason for the faction choice, is to choose which doff assignments you want. Since, between game play and factions, that's really all that's different. Well and the outfits, which in this case, the KDF ones look better.
    Not the outfits, because they removed all the faction outfits from the jem'hadar.

But really, the big deal is the engine is set up for "Red vs blue" and changing that is too much work for too little benefit, so every character has to be one or the other, just because.
This discussion has been closed.