test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Add the Garidians To the Romulans

samartleosamartleo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I present the Garidians, they are enslaved by the Romulan Star Empire and so could be a great addition to the new Romulan Republic.
stellaris_1_zpsvlx9jxzu.jpg
I don't think they are canon but not much in Star Trek Online is. More information can be googled by using Garidian as the search word.
You can consult Memory Beta: https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Garidian
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kragtastkragtast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The garidians are almost identical to romulans visually and they have no special defining features that would make good ingame traits. Why don't you just make them as a romulan alien captain? There's practically no reason to model garidians when they're already just romulans. There's no need to give them traits because there is nothing different about them. It doesn't sound like they need to be a playable species.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    My Romulan character is Garidian, commanding the RRW Avatrunei pig-1.gif

It wouldn't make much sense to have a copy of the Romulans with white hair though, I agree with kragtast. In my in-game headcanon, the Garidian Republic was one of the strongest splinter factions after the Star Empire fell into disarray. Since the Plebeians took over the Republic following the events of "A Final Unity" they were very sympathetic to D'Tan's movement and provided infrastructure and support to the young Romulan Republic. However, Garid had the misfortune of facing a wandering trio of Borg cubes which devastated their fleet at which point the young Republic was fortunately in a position of offering their help in return. The Garidians merged with the NRR and became a part of it. The Garidian Republican Guard remains in service as a small elite force within the Republican Navy with a few warbirds, one of which is the Avatrunei. Other than that though they traded autonomy for a place in the new unified Romulan state.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • samartleosamartleo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    May I friend you ingame Angrytarg?

I just wish the Aliengen can let us name our Alien captain's species instead of just have Alien, than I'd be happy Kragtast. But it looks like the Garidians have slightly larger heads, yes we have full body manipulation open to us, well according to the screenshots of the Final Unity game. Just trying to point out differences between Garidians and Romulans even though they are offshoots of Vulcans.

Right Angrytarg?
    samartleo wrote: »
    May I friend you ingame Angrytarg?

I just wish the Aliengen can let us name our Alien captain's species instead of just have Alien, than I'd be happy Kragtast. But it looks like the Garidians have slightly larger heads, yes we have full body manipulation open to us, well according to the screenshots of the Final Unity game. Just trying to point out differences between Garidians and Romulans even though they are offshoots of Vulcans.

Right Angrytarg?

I don't think there is much physical difference aside from the hair which could be theorized is a result of Garid's sun. They have the same head ridges as TNG Romulans, but we don't have much since we only ever see four Garidians and only one of them whole. The bigger head is probably due to AFU more simple 3D renderings.

For a bit unique flavour I decided that Garidians ships use the radiating (red) disruptor weapons from the Terran rep instead of green ones. They shoot green in the game, but I wanted a little bit of visual highlights. Unfortunately, no outfit on the Romulan side has a nice orange colour to it, it always ends up being very brownish.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I suspect they can't add the Garadians because they are from another licensed property, whoever made A Final Unity probably still holds the right to it.

But the Garidians seemed to be just a Romulan offshoot, so it's not really needed as seperate species. Alien or just Romulan would work.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    I suspect they can't add the Garadians because they are from another licensed property, whoever made A Final Unity probably still holds the right to it.

But the Garidians seemed to be just a Romulan offshoot, so it's not really needed as seperate species. Alien or just Romulan would work.

Every company involved in A Final Unity is no more, who knows where the rights went to. It's a bit like "Secret of the Vulcan Fury" pig-13.gif

I used just Romulan with white hair for mine. They really are just another Vulcan offshoot that settled further out.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

It's guaranteed SOMEONE has rights to it, even if it's just a holding company.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, the Romulans have more than enough species as it is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I think you can really easily making them. there are even brown skins for romulan ships
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I can't even get Bolian Boffs, which ARE a playable species.

But yah, there is more love for playable Anars, Denobulans, and Xindi (even just the humanoid ones) that are screen canon.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    What? Why can't you get Bolian BOFFs?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > baddmoonrizin wrote: »
    >
    > What? Why can't you get Bolian BOFFs?
    >
    >
    >
    > Its been an oversight in the game's boff list since the game came out.

Are you sure? I am quite certain one of my characters has a Bolian doctor (head of medical) BOFF. His name is Orlohn.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... there are Bolian BOffs in game already. Its possible that if you're looking on the Exchange, humans and other races might be more popular because of traits. Bolians don't really have any traits that are must haves. Acidic Blood is only useful on the ground... and again only in melee.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    We are talking about Bolian BOFFs, right? Not Benzite BOFFs? Because I know there are no Benzite BOFFs. But you should be able to get Bolian BOFFs.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I can't even get Bolian Boffs, which ARE a playable species.

But yah, there is more love for playable Anars, Denobulans, and Xindi (even just the humanoid ones) that are screen canon.

I got a VR Bolian boff from the VR duty officer recruitment mission this weekend. You must mean Benzite?
    He was probably talking about Benzite Boffs. I don't know of any race that's playable or has Boffs but not Doffs.

Benzites on the other hand, you can make an alien boff into a Benzite, but that's the only way to get a Benzite Boff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Why?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Now that you mention it…

QxwMOhT.jpg
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Now that you mention it…

QxwMOhT.jpg
    Enh close enough. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    We are talking about Bolian BOFFs, right? Not Benzite BOFFs? Because I know there are no Benzite BOFFs. But you should be able to get Bolian BOFFs.

*face palm*

Yes, meant Benzite not Bolian......
    > @markhawkman said:
    > gaevsman wrote: »
    >
    > Now that you mention it…
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Enh close enough. :D

Best i could do.. 😊
    edited February 2019
    > @markhawkman said:
    >
    >

Best i could do.. 😊
    Maybe try Kobali uni? Or the generic robe?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    > @markhawkman said:
    >
    >

Best i could do.. 😊
    Maybe try Kobali uni? Or the generic robe?

Nah… that uni is for TNG, i like my chars more updated… kind of now they are allies of the Romulan Republic and using Garidian colors… :smiley:
    edited February 2019
    By Kobali I mean the one Six of Nine is wearing:
    dckq60r-475e1ead-c972-4e22-9327-6df6877173d7.png

On second thought the robe I was thinking of is normally not available on Boffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.