test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you listening to? (Totally off-topic.)

patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,954 Arc User
what's your jam when you're playing?
Nature doesn't HAVE to be nice, or polite.

Free Hong Kong.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Depends on certain things. Right now though its various tracks from the Valkyria Chronicles games.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMdbIeLQ84E
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Well, I have a few songs just for combat, Dragonforce's Inhuman Rampage, Ozzy Osbourne's Killer of Giants & Thank God for the Bomb, Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction, stuff like that. For general listening though, well that is a wildly eclectic collection, as likely to be Stryper as ICP, Weird Al or Slayer, from the 60s to today.

There've been a few times I would just listen to anime themes, like the opening to Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Rarely do I listen to something so totally off the wall that it doesn't fit the situation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Right now CSN and sometimes Y.

Generally while playing I don't listen to music at all because I tend to lose track of things. I'm kind of a one-track-mind kind of guy, and multitasking is difficult for me. And STO requires multitasking. Well, to be any good at it it does. (Hint: I'm seldom good at it.)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDk6fvkEp2k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlBnJ0egT_4
    I also listen to stuff like Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedys and Sabaton just to name a few.
    Rock and metal all the way when in combat
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      starswordc wrote: »
      Most of my collection (that I've bought for myself) is power metal and symphonic metal.

Oh, and for Klingons:

Well that's just bloody creepy! That's almost exactly what I've been playing the past month or so. Except I've mixed it with some hard rock as well, Disturbed, Shinedown etc.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      artan42 wrote: »
      Most of my collection (that I've bought for myself) is power metal and symphonic metal.

Oh, and for Klingons:

Well that's just bloody creepy! That's almost exactly what I've been playing the past month or so. Except I've mixed it with some hard rock as well, Disturbed, Shinedown etc.​​

You are indeed a man of refined tastes. I also got to like Godsmack after I saw them at Carolina Rebellion last year (missed their tour with Shinedown, though).

Try this one, too. Floor Jansen (After Forever, ReVamp, Nightwish) sings hard rock with Jørn Viggo Lofstad (Pagan's Mind).
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAiPeSsqD-4
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      You are indeed a man of refined tastes. I also got to like Godsmack after I saw them at Carolina Rebellion last year (missed their tour with Shinedown, though).

'I Stand Alone' is always to hand when I end up taking on whole ground adventure zones single.
      Try this one, too. Floor Jansen (After Forever, ReVamp, Nightwish) sings hard rock with Jørn Viggo Lofstad (Pagan's Mind).
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAiPeSsqD-4

I'll give this a listen tonight.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Oh gosh ... I actually have entire playlists that I've made for Winamp to run while doing STO. If it's metal, it might just be in there. XD Thrash metal, hair metal, hard rock. Shoot, even some older rock for variety. For the Winter Event, I also made a playlist that had a lot of classic crooners doing holiday songs.

A few names to give you an idea: Municipal Waste, Lich King, Krokus, Judas Priest, Revocation, Queensryche, Pantera, Loverboy, Dokken. Even some Night Ranger! I've also been getting into an obscure death metal band called Timeghoul. I also have many tracks from Transformers: the Movie sprinkled into my playlists.

I also have a thing for listening to the scores from the Empire Strikes Back, and the Black Hole, as well. XD Even Disco Star Wars.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
      > @jamieblanchard said:
      > Oh gosh ... I actually have entire playlists that I've made for Winamp to run while doing STO. If it's metal, it might just be in there. XD Thrash metal, hair metal, hard rock. Shoot, even some older rock for variety. For the Winter Event, I also made a playlist that had a lot of classic crooners doing holiday songs.
      >
      > A few names to give you an idea: Municipal Waste, Lich King, Krokus, Judas Priest, Revocation, Queensryche, Pantera, Loverboy, Dokken. Even some Night Ranger! I've also been getting into an obscure death metal band called Timeghoul. I also have many tracks from Transformers: the Movie sprinkled into my playlists.
      >
      > I also have a thing for listening to the scores from the Empire Strikes Back, and the Black Hole, as well. XD Even Disco Star Wars.

Nice picks. Here's another good one:. Burning Witches.
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=1OCmwMFKDlE
      Best description of this video I ever saw: "if Doro Pesch and Udo Dirkschneider had a daughter". XD
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      @starswordc: Thanks, and hey, that's pretty hip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7gRhGgsgU

You might dig this.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited February 2019
      I'm fond of listening to some powerful voices in music where Marco Hietala is singing either directly or as supporting. There hasn't been many Nightwish songs where he has had his moment but he has been in other bands as featuring or directly in one or two instances.

Infact i might listen to Storytime, Devil and the Deep Deark Ocean and The Islander on the Nightwish bid again.. and maybe Ghost lovescore? perhaps.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
      If you need something to get you in the mood to create massive mayhem and destruction, try this.
    • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
      Been on a Hayley Kiyoko kick lately. One might not think a cishet white dude could find something relatable in the music of an Asian TRIBBLE, but some feelings are just universal, and Hayley knows how to push those buttons. She's like Janelle Monae; not so much is musical style but as in both are pop performers who deserve to be WAY more popular than they currently are.
      Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
      Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
      Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
      YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
      AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
      Oh I like her! She did an AWESOME Legend of Zelda medley, Skyrim theme cover, Halo theme cover, and even Pokemon theme cover.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1VIh_lEP_o
      I play this for tough fights
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
        Now, for something totally different: This is what I was listening to tonight....Doffing, you know....

https://youtu.be/bUKC5RAjUdg
        "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin