test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Closed] CHALLENGE: Sins of a Foundry Mission

starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
How good of a critic are you? Let's find out...

- The Challenge -
List as many sins as you can before, during, and after playing through Omnitabula Part 1 by starfarertheta.

If you've seen Cinema Sins, then you'll have the right idea.

- Target Info -

Title: Omnitabula, Part 1
Author: starfarertheta
Estimated Length: 45 - 90 Minutes
(2+ hours including optionals)

Faction: FED
Door: Risa System, Risa Sector, Beta Quadrant

Description:
The Omnitabula, an ancient orb containing vast amounts of knowledge is the key to finding Xausea, a potential site of a great assembly of knowledge akin to the Preserver Archive.

But when the orb is taken you must use any means at your disposal to take it back before the discovery of a lifetime is lost forever.

- Prizes -

1st Place:

- 7 Lockbox keys
- 3 Infinity Promotion R&D Packs

2nd Place:
- 5 Lockbox keys
- 2 Infinity Promotion R&D Packs

3rd Place:
- 3 Lockbox keys
- 1 Standard R&D Pack

Note: I will need your @ handle to send these prizes to your in-game mailbox. You can share your @ handle via forum PM (Private Message) or post it here with your list of sins.

- Winner Criteria -

Three factors will determine which prize you'll get, if any:

- The number of sins
- Your justification behind each sin
- The presentation of your list of sins

Not only will you want to find as many things wrong with the mission as possible, you should be able to justify those sins. For example, is it a problem specific to this mission? (typos) Or is it a problem common to all foundry missions? (map lighting) In addition, you'll need to be able to present your case well. You could write out a well structured list, or create a well edited video if you're so inclined.

- Where to submit -

When you are done, post your list of sins in this thread.

- Challenge Deadline -
Midnight on March 17th, 2019

No rewards will be given out after this date.

- Why this challenge? -

I am in the process of updating my missions this year and I would like to know more about what I get wrong as an author, and Omnitabula seems like a good case study. Besides, this could be a lot of fun.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.