test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why not add 100 player PVP Battle Royale?

On the surface it sound like something easily dismissed as a bad idea But..
Anyone else think "100 player pvp battle royale free to play" would not draw in players that might not even know the game exists?
And as for actually doing it, some big map like breaking the planet spawns in 4 corners, maybe platform 50m up in air to avoid spawnkills or 15 sec immunity on spawn to avoid spawn camping. 4 teams of 20-25. deathmatch 10 deaths or race to kill total. Race is better because ppl dont have to sit out.

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    This game barely handles 10 person PvE, so there's no way it'd handle a hundred people on one map without re-coding the network code from scratch with that goal in mind. I doubt that there'd be enough draw for a Star Trek themed Battle Royale game to make it worthwhile to do.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    On the surface it sound like something easily dismissed as a bad idea But..
    Anyone else think "100 player pvp battle royale free to play" would not draw in players that might not even know the game exists?
    And as for actually doing it, some big map like breaking the planet spawns in 4 corners, maybe platform 50m up in air to avoid spawnkills or 15 sec immunity on spawn to avoid spawn camping. 4 teams of 20-25. deathmatch 10 deaths or race to kill total. Race is better because ppl dont have to sit out.

100 players for a PvP match...

Kudos for your optimism, and best of luck ever trying to have that queue pop.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OOooo is it a caged match???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin