test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R.I.P. Opportunity

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
After a ninety-day Mars mission that turned into an epic fifteen-year mission, NASA's Opportunity rover has officially been declared dead after contact was lost last year when a dust storm blew over its position.

https://youtu.be/vpQm-CtTLQw
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yes, that's how amazing Oppy was - fifteen years after its warranty expired, it still took a dust-storm the size of a gorram planet to kill it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    > After a ninety-day Mars mission that turned into an epic fifteen-year mission, NASA's Opportunity rover has officially been declared dead after contact was lost last year when a dust storm blew over its position.
    >
    > https://youtu.be/vpQm-CtTLQw

Lost, but never forgotten.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    What is 'Opportunity' in Klingonese?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    According to the app on my phone, it's 'eb ("opportunity, chance, opening").
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »

That's too short for the game's filter isn't it?
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @jonsills said:
    > @artan42 wrote: »
    >
    > What is 'Opportunity' in Klingonese?​​
    >
    >
    >
    > According to the app on my phone, it's 'eb ("opportunity, chance, opening").

This is correct. Klingonska.org is a good resource for these, BTW.

And in Romulan, it's taicir.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    This one is heart-warming...
    opportunity_rover_2x.png

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Pretty sure you can use three-character names. Give it a try, I suppose.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png

Pretty sure you can use three-character names. Give it a try, I suppose.

I'll give it a go. I was thinking of using it for my K't'inga as it's a ship that's just kept going for close to two centuries.

Thanks for the translation anyway.

#TASforSTO

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It will be put in a museum or fixed when we finally colonize Mars since it is the greatest Martian explorer and hopefully before 2119.