test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavor task: Deal physical damage (Space)

pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
edited February 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
There appears to be confusion on this over kinetic vs physical. As the info informs to use science abilities such as gravity well which use kinetic damage, not physical. Whereas physical seems to come from a much narrower pool of skills largely based on consoles. This makes the 500 k worth of damage requested quite challenging, especially with the potential misdirection of the description.

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Can confirm - Grav well didn't count despite the "tooltip" for the task saying it was one of the abilities to use.
    SulMatuul.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yup, I've tried doing this Endeavor myself, and even though it lists Gravity Well as doing Physical damage, the damage does not count. So, I haven't bothered doing much in the Personal Endeavor system because it's apparently still a work in progress*.

*The very nature of this being an MMO pretty much means it really IS a work in progress, but things like this should have been caught in testing.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    There is a list of Space gear that does physical damage on the Wiki.
    Someone posted it up on one of the other threads on about the same subject.

Just googled it: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Damage_type_(space)#Physical

Yeah, not sure why Vanilla strips out the #Physical part of the URL. When you get to the Wiki Page...click on PHYSICAL (Section 5.1) in the menu.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    After having some trouble trying to chip away with resonance beam, I used anti-time entanglement on the CE and its shards and instantly completed. This seems to be the most effective way, I can't imagine anything being much faster.