test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Klingon character not receiving ships [FIXED-ish]

strangepork23strangepork23 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have not received ship tokens for lvl 20 or lvl 30. I am about to hit lvl 40 and it doesnt look good, as the promotion quest that should autocomplete when you enter the Shipyard, is stuck.

I have tried -
- checking J -> episodes to make sure i wasnt missing any early or tutorial missions that might have been added since I created my Klingon (Nov 2012 i believe, pre-Arc)
- checking J-> Available for anything i might need
- making a new Klingon character and getting it to lvl 11 to confirm my account has all of the basics unlocked for KDF
- resetting all my skills
- confirming overflow bag is empty
- executing /lootcancel just in case
- Confirming, for every rank, that none of the greyed out buttons, for any possible free ships, say "Already purchased." they do not, they say i need thousands of dill
- Confirming i have no ships in my roster or dry dock other than the lvl 10 Lieutenant one.

I am lvl 39 flying around in a lvl 10 ship... help please!

Post edited by strangepork23 on
Tagged:

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    One of the Klingon free ship tokens is actually a mission reward and not a level up reward. The rest are the same as usual.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    One of the Klingon free ship tokens is actually a mission reward and not a level up reward. The rest are the same as usual.
    That mission was removed from KDF mission lines and free ships should come at 10, 20, 30 and 40 as normal.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You went through 2 promotions about to go into a 3rd and you don't have any ships?
    Most people end up getting 2 tokens at the next promotion...when one got skipped.

@chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806 This player has something really hanging up.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • strangepork23strangepork23 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This character and account had issues when I returned. I didnt want to muddy the issue in case i was overlooking something simple, but now ill add it - my account bank was broken in a weird way. I bought slots to expand it, and they did not add to the bank. It took a while but after escalations they fixed it, and told me the error was because my account was created pre-Arc and then had been linked to Arc (woohoo, free wrath of khan off duty clothes :D )

Im not sure if that partially explains it. Yes, when i started, you had to do a mission to get your Lieutenant ship, but i did it, and in fact thats the only ship Ive gotten =/

Im close to lvl 40... will update if i get stuff/dont get stuff at 40. but id really like the lvl 20 and 30 ships for admiralty of course... and just to feel like this character isnt cursed/bugged
    Also ty all for the help. This started off in the normal ticket process, was escalated, and finally they said they could not help me, that only posting to this forum could get me help. ty in advance for any time and energy you spend on this, I am LOVINg being back in STO!!!
    Qapla'!!!! well mostly!

So something in that massive list must have "fixed the account". None of it helped me complete the Captains promotion, no matter how many times i logged or entered shipyard or changed instances etc. it should just auto-complete as you walk into Shipyard.

Anyways, I just got Brigadier General and lvl 40 a few minutes ago. Firstly, the Captains quest completed (even though i was standing in the middle of nowhere not shipyard), and I got a new promotion mission, Brigadier General. But this time, just walking into Shipyard completed it!

Checking ships, I had a token for a V, and also the IV! I never got a III for Commander but I got the Captains and Brig General ships so im super happy! Just knowing my account is no longer broken is a huge relief.

So i am not sure which of all those desperation fixes did it, but i am back baby woohoo!!!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    It was probably the Level 40 promotion that triggered it.

But I read about this happening before....but it cleared with the missed ship tokens on the next promotion....not wait until the Level 40 promotion.

There are some weird things going on around here....don't know what it might be. Change is in the wind???? Chinese New Year of the Pig? LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the mission journal revamp changed a lot of things that in theory should be unrelated. My Jem'Hadar got told by J'mpok to go do the part of the KDF tutorial where you get your starter boffs...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg