test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/31/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/31 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    An issue that i am aware of that a friend of mine has gone thru DS9 for the omega particle find is not working correctly.
    The tricorder will not help you find the omega particle, AND there is no circle indicating on the map where to go to find the omega particles. Having gone to DS9 to help her find the particles, i can tell you that this is impossible to do without some help from either the tricorder or an indicator circle like other locations have. Note: The friend spent 40 minutes searching for the particle and couldnt find it loosing 1 days tokens for the event. She is now behind 1 day in the event due to this problem and will be behind more if this problem does not get looked into.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    "Updated the Anniversary buyout bundle to automatically open when purchased."

What is an Anniversary buyout bundle?
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Oh cool, they absolutely ruined the best part of the Prolonged Engagement Torpedo. Way to go, guys.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    tom61sto wrote: »

Means you can spend real money to get enough tokens to finish the rep project, in case anyone doesn't want to finish the grind or won't have time to.
    Oh cool, they absolutely ruined the best part of the Prolonged Engagement Torpedo. Way to go, guys.

Probably balance reasons. I mean... INFINITELY scaling up the longer you're in combat? You can game that to the point you're oneshotting ANYTHING with that torp. I'm just surprised we haven't heard of anyone acutally doing a run to see if they can oneshot the gate in Infected with that torp.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pokerplayrpokerplayr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    An issue that i am aware of that a friend of mine has gone thru DS9 for the omega particle find is not working correctly.
    The tricorder will not help you find the omega particle, AND there is no circle indicating on the map where to go to find the omega particles. Having gone to DS9 to help her find the particles, i can tell you that this is impossible to do without some help from either the tricorder or an indicator circle like other locations have.

It's not impossible. It's just challenging, especially to do so within a minute or two. I suggest you start by moving to the second level and running around the balcony. There is often an Omega particle located somewhere on the second floor (about 50-60% of the time).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    removed due to misunderstanding something
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Means you can spend real money to get enough tokens to finish the rep project, in case anyone doesn't want to finish the grind or won't have time to.

There doesn't seem to be that bundle in the C-Store currently. It'd be more than a little odd to be able to finish it with a C-Store purchase, when it typically takes Lobi to finish. I grabbed the bundle to complete the Event where you got the Light of Kahless, but I don't see anything like that for the Anniversary.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > disqord#9557 wrote: »
    >
    > Oh cool, they absolutely ruined the best part of the Prolonged Engagement Torpedo. Way to go, guys.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Probably balance reasons. I mean... INFINITELY scaling up the longer you're in combat? You can game that to the point you're oneshotting ANYTHING with that torp. I'm just surprised we haven't heard of anyone acutally doing a run to see if they can oneshot the gate in Infected with that torp.

You haven't seen it because it's just not worth it. For that torpedo to do anywhere near enough damage to one-shot the gateway, you'd have to be sitting there for multiple times longer than that entire queue ever lasts for without dying or accidentally killing the thing because again, you've been sitting there for half an hour doing nothing but wait. Then, once you've stacked every single buff and debuff you can find, you just have to hope the targetable, stupidly slow torpedo somehow manages to reach your target, where it will finally make an impact worth maybe a tenth of the damage you could have done had you just spent all of your free time ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME. Sure, it can get up to a million damage, but the average player would have to just sit there for an hour doing absolutely nothing to get there. Maybe a DPS uber-powerful god tier build could do it sooner, but those are incredibly uncommon outliers.

And in standard play, you can be certain you won't be seeing anything CLOSE to even a 100% increase. The majority of story missions and queues love to put you behind a time gate or cutscene or even just a long travel time, guaranteed to knock you out of red alert before you get a chance to build a torpedo stronger than a hundred extra damage.

I guess in some outlier, super long queue without any breaks or enemies strong enough to beat you up or smart enough to shoot the torp as it crawls towards them, then sure, every two minutes, you get a single spike of damage that pales in comparison to the total you put out in that time, and nothing close to the highest end, powercreep overlords.

I speak from experience mind you. I have a fairly competent build and decided to abuse a story mission to fight an immortal borg cube. It took an hour to reach a high enough percentage, after I stuffed the thing full of buffs and got a crit, I just barely scrape 800k off the cube.
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The tricorder will not help you find the omega particle, AND there is no circle indicating on the map where to go to find the omega particles. Having gone to DS9 to help her find the particles, i can tell you that this is impossible to do without some help from either the tricorder or an indicator circle like other locations have.

let me add to this... because of the revised map system for DS9, the ground (Red) Omega Particle is only spawning in one place on the map when this occurs. At an undefined amount of people that have farmed the particle it resets and the circle disappears for a cooldown before it shows up again.

However, on the main map -- the circle is not respawning and the tricorder is the only way to finding it.

This issue has been occurring since the DS9 station map revamp as there were plenty on the old map from years ago that would spawn and show up (and cooldown and respawn) without issue.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    this will just brake the game more. i have lost faith in the devs are fixing anything. Cardassian cant were the Terran Empire open uniform to or you see the back of the outfit no chest. to date the bugs keep on piling on under this new head dev. the odyssey sleeveless and ent Terran Empire for klingons in star fleet makes half the body not show. now we have players line me who cant claim ships that we bought. why it says price changed. how is that i bought the ship long ago.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

let me add to this... because of the revised map system for DS9, the ground (Red) Omega Particle is only spawning in one place on the map when this occurs. At an undefined amount of people that have farmed the particle it resets and the circle disappears for a cooldown before it shows up again.

However, on the main map -- the circle is not respawning and the tricorder is the only way to finding it.

This issue has been occurring since the DS9 station map revamp as there were plenty on the old map from years ago that would spawn and show up (and cooldown and respawn) without issue.

I started a thread posting pics of where I am finding the Omega Game icons on DS9 here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246688/ds9-ground-omega-game-locations

Add your finds to this project to help each other out. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Probably balance reasons. I mean... INFINITELY scaling up the longer you're in combat? You can game that to the point you're oneshotting ANYTHING with that torp. I'm just surprised we haven't heard of anyone acutally doing a run to see if they can oneshot the gate in Infected with that torp.

Balancing against what... the heat-death of the universe? If you waited the amount of time it'd take for the bonus damage to stack to the point that it could one-shot the gate, it probably would have killed itself out of sheer boredom already.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There doesn't seem to be that bundle in the C-Store currently. It'd be more than a little odd to be able to finish it with a C-Store purchase, when it typically takes Lobi to finish. I grabbed the bundle to complete the Event where you got the Light of Kahless, but I don't see anything like that for the Anniversary.

Probably going to be made available after the patch?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Prolonged Torpedo cascade got some other issue.
    In one case i hit myself with it. At first i thought its just parse bug or maybe confuse, but then i did Starbase One Defence stf and after i shot it on Klingon ship that died before torpedo could reach it, i was watching where it goes. It did hit friendly NPC ship leaving starbase, almost killing it.
    Im still examining it because its hard to replicate, but there can be something going on.
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes, is there going to be a fix for Georgiou's sword only being visible while you're swinging it at some point? while it is cool it's weird to see the sword just magic out of thin air instead of being drawn like the other melee weapons.
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Oh landing page oh landing page what ever shall we do with you ? I know this is not a bug but dear lord do I want to squash it like one.

BE6my5n.jpg

Also can we sometime before the end of this decade have the loadout/equip bug fixed so when you equip a new item to your ship, change map/exit the game or change character and come back to the character you equipped the items on they are'nt moved back into your inventory please.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    pokerplayr wrote: »

It's not impossible. It's just challenging, especially to do so within a minute or two. I suggest you start by moving to the second level and running around the balcony. There is often an Omega particle located somewhere on the second floor (about 50-60% of the time).

The friend in question spent 40 minutes searching and couldnt find it. so she gave up loosing a day on the event.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Will there be a fix for the non-functional Transwarp that hasn't been working for at least a week now? My guess is that this is broken intentionally but it really just makes me not care at all about finishing the boring grind. Also, the whole locking me out of spending my Lobi because I have a few items in my overflow is only going to get me to not buy or use lockbox keys in the fiture. If you don't want me to spend money on keys and open lockboxes, please feel free to just say so.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Some good fixes here.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    jcsww wrote: »
    Will there be a fix for the non-functional Transwarp that hasn't been working for at least a week now? My guess is that this is broken intentionally but it really just makes me not care at all about finishing the boring grind. Also, the whole locking me out of spending my Lobi because I have a few items in my overflow is only going to get me to not buy or use lockbox keys in the fiture. If you don't want me to spend money on keys and open lockboxes, please feel free to just say so.

What non-functional Transwarp are you talking about? What location? Also, as an aside in your banner, latinum is spelled wrong. Please fix. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited January 2019

Are you aware that Transwarps to all Mission locations are free? They changed that a few patches ago.

So, if you know where you want to go...and which mission takes place there....HAIL the misison and you can use the Transwarp to Mission button to get there.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    pokerplayr wrote: »

The friend in question spent 40 minutes searching and couldnt find it. so she gave up loosing a day on the event.

Sometimes the particle spawns in Quark's bar - and sometimes inside the bar, but on the second floor...
    edited January 2019
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Sometimes the particle spawns in Quark's bar - and sometimes inside the bar, but on the second floor...

I have already mentioned this...but I will mention it again....

I created a post here in the forums, where I placed pics and descriptions of locations in DS9 where I found the Omega game icons.....

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246688/ds9-ground-omega-game-locations

Please feel free to add locations you find them, so everyone can help each other.
    Having an idea of where to go to look....is half the battle to finding these things.

ALSO: big help for me is: if you are not finding one....CHANGE INSTANCES

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that would cause the messages from the Fortune Cookie and Fortune Tribble to be heard by players other than their intended recipient."

And of course, they nerf the most important part...The Fortune Cookie Tribble. I thought it was great to see the messages pop up, and trying to figure out where they were coming from. Like hearing the tempting whispers of Chaos, luring with promises, or the uplifting advice of the God-Emperor. But nooooooo....apparently fun like that is wrong!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

What non-functional Transwarp are you talking about? What location? Also, as an aside in your banner, latinum is spelled wrong. Please fix. Thanks. :)

When I try to Transwarp to the Bajor Sector, it doesn't work. Same goes for the Defera Sector as well.

Mission transwarps aren't why I want to Transwarp. Instead of traveling to location after location for the Omega scanning boredom, I would rather Transwarp, which I usually finish at DS9 or Defera.
This discussion has been closed.