test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saved costumes not displaying the correct icons.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
This is a pretty minor thing, but I have a LOT of costumes saved, and organizing them in my Screenshots folder is important to me.
In the past, when I look in the folder, the icons for the saved costumes appear as headshots of the character. However, for some reason, it's not saving them that way anymore. It's saving them all with the same headshot.

For example, say I made a character that looks like Picard, and saved that costume. If I then made a second character that looked like Kirk, when I save his costume, the icon will also look like Picard.

Since the costumes all have gibberish like this: Costume_Mojo_Marik_Headshotstyle_Default_01_584328306.jpg as their filename, it makes it difficult to know which costume is which.

Again, I know this is a very minor thing, but it's making my life kind of difficult as I try to organize the costumes.

I should say, they still appear correctly in the game. This is just a problem with the icons in the folder where they're saved.

Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well that explains the reason why i cant do what i was gonna do. Oh well soo much for that method.
    Till this is fixed *and it was working last year correctly* I guess i am on hold.

If there are any developers or mods watching this thread, please report to the developers that the estimated time this feature stopped working right is 10/11/18. I did some research cause i am constantly saving costumes for different changes and i have some saved from pre 10/11 and are fine, and i have some saved on 10/11 and all the icon pictures when you look at the directory are all the same rather than what there supposed to be.

Further investigation has shown that EVERY character you have on an account saves to its own space, as well as male or female. once you save a female on a character every female is the same even if you save males.

If you switch to a different character and save a costume and go back to the first character you saved a costume on, its still making the icon the same as the person you saved out before you switched to a diff character and saved on that character.

The only thing that seems to effect this is physically leaving the game. If you leave the game and come back you can then save a new character with the correct icon, however if you keep saving it will be the same icon for everyone after the first one when you look at the screenshots directory in explorer.

reference patch notes from 10/11 listed below: Nothing seems to indicate a change to the save character option.

General:
    * Resolved an issue that was causing enemy critters to not match player level when a player joined a Task Force Operation midway in.
    * Resolved an issue that prevented Vulcan characters from being able to proceed in "Diplomatic Orders" when speaking with Vulcan aide T'Pela.
    * Removed “The Once and Future Agent” from Discovery faction mission journal.
    * Moved “Task Force Operation: Age of Discovery” handoff mission into the Klingon War arc.
    * Added a 5-minute Cooldown to the "Defense of Starbase One" Task Force Operation.
    * This should improve its interactions with Random TFO selection.
    * Unlocked Age of Discovery mission group for all non-Discovery captains.
    * You can now go directly to "Secrets" even if you haven't finished the rest of your journal.
    * Updated description on Age of Discovery starter pack to include ship claim instructions.

Known Issues:

* Gamma Marks from Random Task Force Operations are using the Competitive Wargames daily bonus cooldown.
    Universal Endeavor Expand/Collapse button is not working properly.
    * Coraline, Ian Kwon, And Tamav have the wrong traits for their species
    Discovery Starter ship Windows 2 and 3 are missing materials.
    * Cannot reclaim packs from the C-Store that auto-open into items on ground maps.
    Foundry features have been temporarily shut down.
    * Big Dig Task Force Operation will be removed until further notice.
    * Breaking the Planet Task Force Operation will be removed until further notice.
    * There's an issue that prevented Discovery captains from getting their complements of duty officers as they gain ranks.
    * Mission journal progress is locked until you complete or skip the new TFO handoff missions.

These are strictly here for reference for any dev who looks at this and tries to figure out what went wrong or passes it to the correct dev.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on