test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picard Series Predictions

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Can't you just feel the love in this thread?/s

Getting back to Star Trek, I don't think the hero ship will be a federation ship, which will be a first.

It might be a supped up merc ship of some type or a stolen or bought ship from some alien race or simply an advanced civilian federation ship. I'm hoping it has an interesting origin.

This is of course my prediction.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Rather than y'all eat a bunch of penalties, I just removed all the political BS, and will caution y'all to not "wander" there again. Thank you.

43CdGW8.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I happen to enjoy speculation based on rumors. It's harmless and its fun, and the very worst case scenario is that I look like a dummy when the real story comes out. #notafraidtolookstupid

Picard is by the rumors appearing to be based on Renegades, which would be sad because the potential for new story ideas is huge. A misfit group of cutthroats out to save the Federation has been done, and in fact was rejected by CBS for a series. I do hope there is something more to it than that.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Rather than y'all eat a bunch of penalties, I just removed all the political BS, and will caution y'all to not "wander" there again. Thank you.

Have you ever thought of implementing a bot that removes any post with certain political or religious words or phrases or would that be too difficult with the forum software?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    no...there's already too much censorship going on here, particularly over words that SHOULDN'T be censored at all, like s.crew, k.nob, h.ack or p.erce - we don't need more of it, ESPECIALLY not from a stupid AI who can't tell the difference between a political use of a word and it being used any other way​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    > @starkaos said:
    > baddmoonrizin wrote: »
    >
    > Rather than y'all eat a bunch of penalties, I just removed all the political BS, and will caution y'all to not "wander" there again. Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you ever thought of implementing a bot that removes any post with certain political or religious words or phrases or would that be too difficult with the forum software?

Don't give mods ideas like that , they might use them.
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > no...there's already too much censorship going on here, particularly over words that SHOULDN'T be censored at all, like s.crew, k.nob, h.ack or p.erce - we don't need more of it, ESPECIALLY not from a stupid AI who can't tell the difference between a political use of a word and it being used any other way​​

Agreed 100%

Anyways back on Picard, I wonder if the ship with be an artifact of it's own, like it was built by aliens, and has its own secrets.

Or maybe it will be a salvaged Romulan ship.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

And all the concern trolling over unsubstantiated rumours that's infecting any speculation thread for Star Trek or unrelated films like Captain Marvel? That's all fine then?

Posting videos of other people flaming and harassment is still flaming and harassing.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    ...Anyways back on Picard, I wonder if the ship with be an artifact of it's own, like it was built by aliens, and has its own secrets.

Romulan ship might be cool. I honestly hadn't thought of that one. I doubt it's "Picard's" ship, though. His Captain days are supposed to be over. He'll probably be the guy who pays the bills, so to speak, but not the guy who says, "Engage!"

As for not having a ship: it's star trek! There needs to be a hero ship. Even DS9 figured that part out!
    > @artan42 said:
    > baddmoonrizin wrote: »
    >
    > Rather than y'all eat a bunch of penalties, I just removed all the political BS, and will caution y'all to not "wander" there again. Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And all the concern trolling over unsubstantiated rumours that's infecting any speculation thread for Star Trek or unrelated films like Captain Marvel? That's all fine then?
    >
    > Posting videos of other people flaming and harassment is still flaming and harassing.​​

No one is posting videos of flaming and harrassment just videos of opinions on certain shows and movies. Lets not get over overstate things, no one here is getting insulted in these videos.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    ...Anyways back on Picard, I wonder if the ship with be an artifact of it's own, like it was built by aliens, and has its own secrets.

Romulan ship might be cool. I honestly hadn't thought of that one. I doubt it's "Picard's" ship, though. His Captain days are supposed to be over. He'll probably be the guy who pays the bills, so to speak, but not the guy who says, "Engage!"

As for not having a ship: it's star trek! There needs to be a hero ship. Even DS9 figured that part out!
    I love the idea of Picard using his diplomatic influence to "borrow" a Romulan ship. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    > @markhawkman said:
    > brian334 wrote: »
    >
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > ...Anyways back on Picard, I wonder if the ship with be an artifact of it's own, like it was built by aliens, and has its own secrets.
    >
    > Or maybe it will be a salvaged Romulan ship.
    >
    >
    >
    > Romulan ship might be cool. I honestly hadn't thought of that one. I doubt it's "Picard's" ship, though. His Captain days are supposed to be over. He'll probably be the guy who pays the bills, so to speak, but not the guy who says, "Engage!"
    >
    > As for not having a ship: it's star trek! There needs to be a hero ship. Even DS9 figured that part out!
    >
    >
    >
    > I love the idea of Picard using his diplomatic influence to "borrow" a Romulan ship. :D

That would be amusing
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Ah Looks like I am right almost anyway the show is gonna be Indiana Jones in Space
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    ryuranger wrote: »
    Ah Looks like I am right almost anyway the show is gonna be Indiana Jones in Space

It would be much better than what STO did, Picard as a Federation Ambassador to Vulcan. What truly matters is if it will be Raiders of the Last Ark in Space or Crystal Skull in Space. Although, I suspect that Picard will have a role closer to Indiana Jones in Crystal Skull, but a far better story.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    ryuranger wrote: »

[citation needed]
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Here is my shocked face :|

CBS trademarked several new show titles, and "Picard" wasn't one of them.
    -Ceti Alpha V(Khan mini-series)
    -Lower Decks(Adult comedy animated series)
    -Starfleet Academy(Teen drama)
    -Revolution
    -Reliant
    -Destiny

I am guessing Revolution is the Sec 31 show, Reliant is the Picard show(given that Picard served on board a ship of the same name), and Destiny is the kid focused cartoon. Though its a toss up, and it could go any way with those three titles.

Lets hope that Destiny has nothing to do with the Destiny novels.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I haven't really been following this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned. Now, let me be clear that I'm not advocating this idea. But on another forum I saw someone say
    what if Discovery winds up going to the future and Picard winds up being the new captain

Again: I'm not advocating that, nor do I think it will actually happen. But if it did...what would your reaction be?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited April 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    The Trek short "Calypso" already shows that idea isn't happening. DISCO winds up way, way beyond Picard.

At some point, yes. Remember when you said this?

valoreah wrote: »
    Discovery is set in a time period where there is very, very limited (almost non-existant) canon. There are not as many restrictions on what they can do as some people like to believe.

You made a very valid point: just because people may assume things does not mean those assumptions are actually true or cannon. Just because we know the ship was there in that episode does not mean we know everything about what happened to it before that episode took place (if it went to any other time periods first) or even if it traveled back in time after that episode. So no, we can't assume it went directly there from the Discovery era and that nothing took place in between or afterwards.
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    The ship only has to be gone long enough for them to defeat control in the disco era. And they obviously do, because the threat is gone by TOS. So after control is defeated, the discovery could go anywhere or any time. The episode Calypso takes place while the discovery is in the future, but there is no canon that says it is there permanently and could not travel to Picard era if the writers wanted it to.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg