test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picard Series Predictions

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    A reason Q might choose to look older, he's a grandfather now, like maybe Q Jr . and that blond Q women whose name I forget have a kid together and Q wants to look the partpart as a grandfather.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    That's your assumption and the way you have just blurted it out like that? i'm not even going to answer that.

Yes it is and based on your post, it would seem to be correct given that Q made himself appear as an old man by choice - despite your questioning whether he would or not.

There is no need to question it - he already did.

Well, he might have seen it but forgotten. I did.

Not sure where the mountain he's making out of your moile-hill reply comes from, though. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I don't expect Q to stop being Q. In Picard's waning years, if Q still kicks him around there will be a reason. Perhaps Picard is going to join the Continuum in a few decades and Q is his new-hire mentor. But it seems to me that Q would need a reason to interfere, and since I'm only guessing at the story, I could only guess about Q's role and intent based on my guesses, so guesses based on guesses...

Encounter At Farpoint was a wakeup call. Being thrown to the Borg was a field test. Later Picard would take the lessons of those events and use them to beat the Borg. Q was in the role of a trainer for a prize fight.

I can only imagine that Q appearing in Picard would be an indication of a galactic-scale problem headed their way. Maybe... It's Iconians!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I dunno, Q liked yanking his chain for fun.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/02/26/jonathan-frakes-confirms-he-is-directing-on-star-trek-picard-show-says-lower-decks-is-hysterical/

It's confirmed that Frakes is directing for Picard episodes and that he has read some of Lower Decks and it's hilarious according to him.
    https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/01/picard-series-character-update/

We've got a spiritual male Romulan Martial Artist, A Black Woman Pilot/Mercanary Captain who lost her husband, a socially akward young woman who is smart called Indira, a EMH who is designed to be not too self aware (learned from their last couple EMHs I guess, can't have ships equiptment getting uppity), a drunk/junkie former intelligence officer (Women 40 to 50 years old), a guy who specializes in positronic brains (think Data).
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @lordgyor said:
    > > https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/01/picard-series-character-update/
    > >
    > > We've got a spiritual male Romulan Martial Artist, A Black Woman Pilot/Mercanary Captain who lost her husband, a socially akward young woman who is smart called Indira, a EMH who is designed to be not too self aware (learned from their last couple EMHs I guess, can't have ships equiptment getting uppity), a drunk/junkie former intelligence officer (Women 40 to 50 years old), a guy who specializes in positronic brains (think Data).
    >
    > Ugg, no thats a fake leak.

How do you know ?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Interesting, because its evidence for the supposed breakdown is merely a reference to the earlier "leak" from That Hashtag Show.

Get me something from an industry paper like Variety, I'll pay attention.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/report-star-trek-picard-spinoff-character-breakdowns/amp/

Another source, although it refers to the oruginal.

Hey maybe its all horse pucky, but we will see.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    leaks are extremely common, especially with popular IPs...i expect that at least SOME of those details are correct, but certainly not all of them, and not in the combination given - plus, the show's still months from release, and people love changing things at the last minute

that being said...i hope that at least the apparent non-antagonistic romulan part is correct, even if xir doesn't turn out to be spiritualist or a martial artist​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    We had the Discovery Klingon leak on Twitter with people claiming that the tweet was wrong and those aren't Klingons, but unfortunately the leak was correct. Time will tell if this leak is correct, partially correct, or completely wrong. The creators of the Picard series could replace one or more of the characters for whatever reason before the series premiere.
    > @azrael605 said:
    > As I said, history shows the Klingon leaks reported by the Trek sites. That was my point, in genre news they have a very strong record for catching the genuine info.

Well so far I have 3 sites reportig the news so far.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:
    > As I said, history shows the Klingon leaks reported by the Trek sites. That was my point, in genre news they have a very strong record for catching the genuine info.

Well so far I have 3 sites reportig the news so far.
    And are they all using the same (possibly flawed) source?

Like I said, get me something from Variety or the Hollywood Reporter, you'll have my attention.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As I said, history shows the Klingon leaks reported by the Trek sites. That was my point, in genre news they have a very strong record for catching the genuine info.

The twitter image being part of Discovery was never an issue. There was Discovery extras in alien costumes that one side stated was Klingons while the other side stated that they weren't Klingons either as disbelief or misdirection. Considering the backlash that Discovery got for their version of Klingons, I am not surprised by the misdirection when that image was released.
    edited March 2019
    > starkaos said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The twitter image being part of Discovery was never an issue. There was Discovery extras in alien costumes that one side stated was Klingons while the other side stated that they weren't Klingons either as disbelief or misdirection. Considering the backlash that Discovery got for their version of Klingons, I am not surprised by the misdirection when that image was released.

I'm not sure what you mean. The folks at trekmovie noted the source identified them as Klingons and left it at that. They didn't comment otherwise.

From comicbook.com:

Update: The source of the photo now claims that the characters shown in the photo may not be Klingons. He only "thought they kinda looked like" Klingons. The original text of the article follows.

A photo was taken by an extra on the Star Trek: Discovery set at Pinewood Studios Toronto reveals a group of Klingons behind the scenes. However, they look a bit different than what fans are used to.

Companies use either use misdirection or keep quiet whenever there are leaks. The source could have only thought they were Klingons, but wasn't certain or they could have been persuaded by CBS to cast doubt on the photo. After all, CBS wasn't ready to release photos of Discovery or have fans debating about how their Klingons look nothing like Klingons until they had their promotional material ready.

edited March 2019
    > @reyan01 said:
    > > @azrael605 said:
    > > https://trekmovie.com/2019/03/04/more-production-details-for-star-trek-picard-series-emerge-including-possible-title/
    > >
    > > https://trekmovie.com/2019/03/04/star-trek-picard-series-casts-its-first-two-roles/
    >
    > Seems to have been updated with some (unconfirmed) new info guaranteed to upset the perma-offended.

Why would anyone be offend by that?
    > @reyan01 said:
    > > @lordgyor said:
    > > > @reyan01 said:
    > > > > @azrael605 said:
    > > > > https://trekmovie.com/2019/03/04/more-production-details-for-star-trek-picard-series-emerge-including-possible-title/
    > > > >
    > > > > https://trekmovie.com/2019/03/04/star-trek-picard-series-casts-its-first-two-roles/
    > > >
    > > > Seems to have been updated with some (unconfirmed) new info guaranteed to upset the perma-offended.
    > >
    > > Why would any of that offend anyone?
    >
    > The brief, and admittedly unconfirmed, chsrachar descriptions might.

I personally don't see any thing in the description worth objecting too. The addiction issues for the intelligence officer make her more interesting then some Mary Sue types, and the pilot hints at a Tom Paris/Hon Solo type personality, but maybe darker, again interesting.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Why would anyone be offended by Rey, or Michael Burnham? Yet somehow the pathetic invented an offense just because they are women.

They also don't understand the term 'Mary Sue'. A Mary Sue a self insert character that takes over a plot, not a character they perceive to be without flaws.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!