test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picard Series Predictions

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Ten Forward
the Picard Series its gonna be a Indiana Jones in Space ! Here is why I think this Through out Star Trek The Next Generation one of Captain Picard's Hobbies is Archeology and we see that in many Episodes even the Two part Episode where he Went under cover in the 7th season. Here is what I think its gonna start up as. Set a few months after the Hobos event (ST09) Picard felt worn out and the lost of Ambassador Spock took a tole on him. He decided to head to his family home for a bit of retirement when a friend comes to him with a Archeology mystery and he decided to take a team on to this mystery to only find out this will embark on an Adventure that will not only Save federation but the Hole Galaxy as a hole!
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    I predict that the Picard series will star Patrick Stewart.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I predict far less "action" than Discovery. In reference to your "Indiana Jones in Space" comment, I don't expect Pat Stew to be doing a lot of fighting himself.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Given the recent track record, I predict a lot of ugly visual design and unending callbacks to the classic series while neither keeping with the tone of previous series nor effectively setting a new paradigm.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    is it even gonna happen now? it's now a "limited" series. they never mentioned it being a limited/mini series before.
    They barely mentioned its existence before - Sir Pat announced it on Twitter.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    If it is going to be Indiana Jones in Space, then Picard will be as active as Indiana Jones in the Crystal Skull. Some action, but most of the action will be done by his younger sidekick. Making Picard as Ambassador to Vulcan would be far too boring.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think it will involve Picard dealing with the Romulan Diaspora and the creation of the New Romulan Republic. In other words, he will be on the mission STO uses for its Romulan Starter Quest. His sidekick may well be Tovan Khev who is on his quest for his long lost sister.

Okay, the part about Khev was a bit much, but dealing with the Romulans' new place in the order of things is right up Picard's alley, and it's a role for an ambassador with a starship. (A small one. Like his own, personal, yacht.)
    brian334 wrote: »
    I think it will involve Picard dealing with the Romulan Diaspora and the creation of the New Romulan Republic. In other words, he will be on the mission STO uses for its Romulan Starter Quest. His sidekick may well be Tovan Khev who is on his quest for his long lost sister.

Okay, the part about Khev was a bit much, but dealing with the Romulans' new place in the order of things is right up Picard's alley, and it's a role for an ambassador with a starship. (A small one. Like his own, personal, yacht.)

Nooooooo, you mean we we're stuck with Tovan even if we quit the game?! He's already on every Romulan crew, sometimes more than once! I've had three of him show up in the same scene, playing by myself!
    Ought to drop by your location sometime with the good ship RRW Tovan Khev VXI, commanded by Tovan Khev, with a crew consisting of Tovan and Rinna Khevs from across the multiverse. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    VXI? What language is that? The Roman system would use XVI or XIV, but never VXI.

Tovan Khev doesn't deserve the hate he gets. If he shows up in The Picard show it won't be a deal breaker for me.

But there is a glaring absence of information dealing with the aftermath of Hobus. 2009 Trek didn't get beyond the destruction of Romulus.

P.S. Does anyone know why there was water all over the deck? I've never known the Romulans to be associated with water on the decks before. It's not like they didn't have plenty of time to clean it up or anything.
    VXI is the language of someone whose coffee hasn't kicked in yet, stealing a few moments while getting the kids ready for school. (Or maybe it's some crazy Rihannsu numbering system? Yeah, that's it!)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Ah, the Romulan Numeral System. How foolish of me. Then that number would be 5-10-1, or Negative 6. (That's how Romulans know it's from the Mirror Universe.)

I have read that CBS is going to work with Cryptic's storylines in mind so that they don't invalidate them. The Romulan Arc appears to me to be the way to go.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    I'm down for the Tovan Khev series. Oh, and the Picard series. Whichever comes first.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    VXI? What language is that? The Roman system would use XVI or XIV, but never VXI.

Tovan Khev doesn't deserve the hate he gets. If he shows up in The Picard show it won't be a deal breaker for me.

But there is a glaring absence of information dealing with the aftermath of Hobus. 2009 Trek didn't get beyond the destruction of Romulus.

P.S. Does anyone know why there was water all over the deck? I've never known the Romulans to be associated with water on the decks before. It's not like they didn't have plenty of time to clean it up or anything.

The Nerada? Damage suffered from the time travel? Coolant for the processing equipment? It's a mining ship and every mine I've been in has been very soggy even in control rooms (the underground ones not the surface ones). It's a bugger waterproofing any electronics you take down.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    the main forces will be about Archeology but he will be commanding a Crew and it could him solving the Mystery on how Hobos Star Expanded the way it did
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    artan42 wrote: »
    The Nerada? Damage suffered from the time travel? Coolant for the processing equipment? It's a mining ship and every mine I've been in has been very soggy even in control rooms (the underground ones not the surface ones). It's a bugger waterproofing any electronics you take down.

See, everything about a starship's environment is controlled somehow. If there was water on the deck, they wanted it there, which brings back the question of why? We know Romulans are Vulcans with impulse control issues, and Vulcans are desert adapted creatures. Romulans may have over the 100 centuries of separation developed a fondness for wetter locales, but if so it's not found in any canon or non-canon source to which I've ever been exposed.

Water on the deck is a bad idea because while distilled water is an insulator or resistor, (depending on a lot of factors,) even a little contaminate makes it an electrical conductor. Also, wet otherwise non-conducive surfaces can become conductors. Given the ubiquitous use of electro-plasma in Trek starships, the last thing I'd want when operating an explode-o-matic console would be to have my feet in a puddle. That's just begging that EPS spark to turn into a lightning bolt through the body.

And what happens if the gravity goes off? It can happen. Someone can shoot your power plant or something, and poof, all that water begins to float. It also has this crazy tendency to try to englobe any object that breaks its surface tension, so if there's enough water, (which there was,) and the gravity went out, all that water would have begun to float around encapsulating anything it bumped into. To say the least, that would make breathing difficult.

Now imagine a hull breach: all that water, suddenly without any atmosphere. Sublimation begins almost immediately as the water boils away, but it doesn't just vanish, it turns to steam, which immediately freezes, and now you have ice everywhere. Both the boiling and the freezing are expansion events, and assuming you get a force field back on, every joint in the ship has now expanded by 1/10th its original size. Stress cracks everywhere.

So, in short, I'm hoping the USS Ambassador Spock doesn't have water on the floor. If nothing else, it would be bad for Picard's arthritis.
    patrickngo wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    I predict that the Picard series will star Patrick Stewart.

Or he'll only show up for the first two episodes, get killed, and come back as a mirror version, and the star will be some kid-actor reprisng the role of Wesley Crusher!!!

with of course, required gratuitous and irrelevant callbacks to prior series.

We definitely need a Mirror Picard, Mirror Wesley, and Mirror Janeway.
    artan42 wrote: »

See, everything about a starship's environment is controlled somehow. If there was water on the deck, they wanted it there, which brings back the question of why? We know Romulans are Vulcans with impulse control issues, and Vulcans are desert adapted creatures. Romulans may have over the 100 centuries of separation developed a fondness for wetter locales, but if so it's not found in any canon or non-canon source to which I've ever been exposed.

Water on the deck is a bad idea because while distilled water is an insulator or resistor, (depending on a lot of factors,) even a little contaminate makes it an electrical conductor. Also, wet otherwise non-conducive surfaces can become conductors. Given the ubiquitous use of electro-plasma in Trek starships, the last thing I'd want when operating an explode-o-matic console would be to have my feet in a puddle. That's just begging that EPS spark to turn into a lightning bolt through the body.

And what happens if the gravity goes off? It can happen. Someone can shoot your power plant or something, and poof, all that water begins to float. It also has this crazy tendency to try to englobe any object that breaks its surface tension, so if there's enough water, (which there was,) and the gravity went out, all that water would have begun to float around encapsulating anything it bumped into. To say the least, that would make breathing difficult.

Now imagine a hull breach: all that water, suddenly without any atmosphere. Sublimation begins almost immediately as the water boils away, but it doesn't just vanish, it turns to steam, which immediately freezes, and now you have ice everywhere. Both the boiling and the freezing are expansion events, and assuming you get a force field back on, every joint in the ship has now expanded by 1/10th its original size. Stress cracks everywhere.

So, in short, I'm hoping the USS Ambassador Spock doesn't have water on the floor. If nothing else, it would be bad for Picard's arthritis.

Star Trek has rarely considered real physics over desgine why should you? It's there to make the ship look rundown and industrial not to have people wondering about anti-grav.

Same reason poor Worf doesn't get a seat in TNG.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Jonathan Frakes states that Jean-Luc Picard is no longer with Starfleet.
    Quote "Patrick isn’t playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard this time, he’s done with Starfleet in this show. That’s about the only thing I do know about the show. Patrick and I had a steak dinner a couple of weeks ago and this man, who I’ve known for 31 years now, is so excited about this show he’s like a little kid. It’s fabulous! He’s thrilled and excited to be invited into the writer’s room and he’s a producer on the show and he’s part of the development of the story arc. It’s terrific. I mean he is a guy who is fully engaged."

(https://deadline.com/2019/01/star-trek-discovery-jonathan-frakes-goes-back-to-the-future-finds-starfleets-past-1202541300/?fbclid=IwAR1dNaOH3uU5KDMasw0rPB_6noFUzbeN4fTnh-8lz45o4rC9KfcRiVGoAHQ

The problem i have with what Frakes mentioned is that it is far too soon in development to be certain of anything just yet and i doubt even Frakes would deliberately spoil the storyline and then there is the comment about not knowing what became of the Enterprise crew after the Reman incident.

I'm not convinced on what Frakes is saying is true, not at this stage. I think he is trying to do a GoT styled hype and deflection. :tongue:
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i predict it will be a star trek series, and patrick stewart as jean-luc picard will be in it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    i predict it will be a star trek series, and patrick stewart as jean-luc picard will be in it​​

I predict that every single role will be played by Patrick Stewart. Any less is disrespecting his talent as an actor.
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    I think a lot of you missing the point its not gonna Deal with the events of Star Trek Nemesis in the Star Trek countdown comic for Kelvin Universe Star Trek (witch is actually Considered to be Cannon) Set Picard as an Ambassador to Vulcan and I think its gonna Start right after the Events of countdown and its gonna be an Indiana Jones Meets Star Trek Meets Ancient Aliens and here is a little foot note a lot of may not know these but Gene Roddenberry was not only a Athieast but he was an Ancient Astronaut Theories as well and a lot of the Ordinal Episodes of Star Trek actually are based on the Ancient Aliens Theory
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    starkaos wrote: »

I predict that every single role will be played by Patrick Stewart. Any less is disrespecting his talent as an actor.

That sounds more like something Brent Spiner would do.
    ryuranger wrote: »
    I think a lot of you missing the point its not gonna Deal with the events of Star Trek Nemesis in the Star Trek countdown comic for Kelvin Universe (witch is actually Considered to be Cannon) Set Picard as an Ambassador to Vulcan and I think its gonna Start right after the Events of countdown

What we have heard about the new Picard series is that it is set 20 years after Nemesis or is set in 2399 depending on which source is used. Of course, both are the same year and is 12 years after Countdown and the destruction of Romulus.
    Countdown is not canon. It's a comic so can't be canon.

It is canon to STO however but not to the Picard show.

#TASforSTO

Well, we don't know what canon for the Picard Show is going to be yet, so declaring a particular bit of lore non-canon is a bit premature. We do know that Red Matter is canon, as well as the destruction of Romulus, which occurred in the Prime, prompting Nero and Spock(P) to enter the Alternate Reality known as the Kelvin Timeline.

While I do like the Archaeology aspect some have posited as the basis for the show, I am still convinced that Picard takes up Spock's mission of Reunification and is heavily involved in the formation of the new Romulan government.

When an empire collapses, chaos ensues. The fragmentation of the Empire, as shown in STO, is by far the likeliest course as power-mongers scrabble to come out on top and outlying provinces seize the opportunity to declare independence. Empires tend to suppress or channel such power struggles, and the underlying causes of grievance remain beneath the surface waiting to boil over. Absent the central power structure, the Romulan Empire would go berserk.

In steps Picard, with Sarek and Spock in his head, to play mediator. The archaeologist in him may well seek out proof of a world upon which the Romulans lived before they migrated to Romulus, and there plant the seed of a new central government. An eight episode arc would be long enough to encompass the story, and short enough to focus on it.

While I was joking about Tovan being involved, I could see a D'Tan type character who embraces reunification but realizes it puts off too many of his people to justify splitting them yet further. They need a core cultural identity, and founding New Romulus at a place which reminds them of their former glory could give them the roots they need to grow again, (but better this time...)

For the players of Romulan characters this would mean a new focus on New Romulus. If Michael Dorn drops in, perhaps as Klingon Ambassador to New Romulus, it could also mean a new focus on Klingons as well.

And of course, it could be something else entirely. I'll ask Sir Pat the next time I bump into him at the grocery.