test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Kobayashi Maru Difficulty Randomized?

maimikadomaimikado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I have noticed that even though i choose normal some times its vastly more difficult and can't even pass round 3 other times the npc are weak for like the first 3 rounds. and once i got elite R&D box. so yea just wondering if it is like random difficulty.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    There is a good deal of randomization of what enemy groups come through and what hazards happen, and that can make it go hard very quickly if the draws are bad. Iconian and Borg can be brutal back to back if you don't have a dedicated healer with decent tank, as Borg eat through the Maru's shields and Iconians do a lot of damage + disables.

I'm not sure about the difficultly proper, as I vaguely recall something about that last time, but it's been a good while since the last Maru event. I only got the standard R&D box + weekend R & D box each of the four times I've done it.
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yeah that happened to me too, random elite resources after completion. But I know I clicked normal difficulty, is there even a harder difficulty available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    had iconians and a doomsday machine at the same time. then another time had about 6 borg cubes pop in right on top of the maru. needless to say that was the end of that run.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah that happened to me too, random elite resources after completion. But I know I clicked normal difficulty, is there even a harder difficulty available?

Only "normal" is avaible since it's a "evolving" difficulty and yes there's a rather strong element of randomness involved, same with arena of Sompek, some enemies or combos are just inherently more difficult then others.
This discussion has been closed.