test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] Anniversary Giveaways - Dilithium Mining Claims!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's Day Two of our Ninth Anniversary Giveaways! Head to the Promotions Tab of the C-store on PC, and grab two Dilithium Mining Claims per account!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11070723

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Not as good a freebie as the one yesterday, but not a bad one in the least. And I can actually use it, so bonus! :p

Thank you.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > Not as good a freebie as the one yesterday, but not a bad one in the least. And I can actually use it, so bonus! :p
    >
    > Thank you.

Better than yesterday for me. This Dil handout will go to my Fleet.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What is a Dilithium Mining Claim for? All these years and I never used one.
    I can turn it in for Fleet Dilithium Vouchers? Sounds like something I can use for that Colony.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Thank you!

Quick question. Since this is on the promotions tab, does it have a time limit like yesterday's, or will it just stay there until claimed?
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @tagen said:
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Quick question. Since this is on the promotions tab, does it have a time limit like yesterday's, or will it just stay there until claimed?

It has a time limit. Claim it while you can or it will be gone
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What is a Dilithium Mining Claim for? All these years and I never used one.
    I can turn it in for Fleet Dilithium Vouchers? Sounds like something I can use for that Colony.

It is normally a reward given in Lockboxes. Each claim allows you to mine the "Rich Dilithium" sites once. The single site awards 5k Dilithium if you get a score of at least 700 while mining (if I remember correctly) and is on a 20 hour timer, so once a day essentially. I generally save these for a bonus Dilithium event so I can get 10k. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    To exchange for vouchers there's an NPC inside the (non fleet) mine but fairly sure saving for a dil weekend and using it then will net you better results.
    Uh oh... I have to go out in the Dilithium Mine to use these. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    What was yesterday's one? I completely missed it xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

The Jem'Hadar Tactical Uniform from Victory is Life.
    angrytarg wrote: »

It was that Jem'Hadar Tactical Uniform.

https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/3e/9f/3e9f40f54457f22a687ed12bd07af3e61523910656.jpg

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I gave mine to my character with the least vouchers, one of my new guys from AoD.
    I gave mine to my character with the least vouchers, one of my new guys from AoD.

I gave mine to my Jem'Hadar because I am lazy....she is over on DS9 and doesn't have to traverse the universe to get to the mine place.

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    At least people can't TRIBBLE that they already bought this one...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I gave mine to my Jem'Hadar because I am lazy....she is over on DS9 and doesn't have to traverse the universe to get to the mine place.
    It's good to remember that the vouchers are used at Vlugta and not the fleet mine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Here is me....messing up and falling off the platform at the Fleet Dilithium mine...and stuck in mid air.

Don't ask how I keep finding those holes to get stuck in...that was just the other day.

https://i.imgur.com/3zFbaBF.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Here is me....messing up and falling off the platform at the Fleet Dilithium mine...and stuck in mid air.

Don't ask how I keep finding those holes to get stuck in...that was just the other day.

https://i.imgur.com/3zFbaBF.jpg
    That's actually rather easy. On the up side it's impossible to get stuck there permanently.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can turn one into Fleet Dilitium or Reputation Dilitium at the Ferengi inside the Mining Base. You get 2500 of the refined Fleet or Reputation Dilitium. It does not double during Dilitium Events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is something that everyone can use & having more dilithium is always helpful especially with the recent inflating prices. Cryptic, thanks for the dilithium for whatever amount because with this method it does help.

The mine is easy enough to get to if you hail ishl and use the (now free) mission transwarp.

Vouchers are account bound so I just dropped them into shared storage with the others to gather some dust until the next dil weekend.
    The question was asked before, but I did not see the answer if there was one.

Will there be a new item today (Saturday the 19th) or is the next one going up on Monday?

Thanks.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Almost sure there will be new item. But the switch is at 10am PST (Pacific Standard Time - I think it's called).
    there may be some delay (it happens sometime), but the Rich Dil Claims are not so precious that they would be avaiable more than a day - but such thing happened for a givewaway ship before.
    Edit:
    It is possible, that there will be no news about it though - it also happened before sometimes...
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Almost sure there will be new item. But the switch is at 10am PST (Pacific Standard Time - I think it's called).
    there may be some delay (it happens sometime), but the Rich Dil Claims are not so precious that they would be avaiable more than a day - but such thing happened for a givewaway ship before.
    Edit:
    It is possible, that there will be no news about it though - it also happened before sometimes...

I'll check in an hour or two either way, just to be sure. Thanks.
    The claims seem to be missing on PS4, having checked on various characters.

Only item under the promo tab is the khan costume.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User

PC only.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User

Maybe because the anniversary give away is on PC as the thread title says "STOPC"
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Once again, folks, console will get their giveaways when their anniversary event starts.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Is the next one this T5 Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit?

If so, thank you for putting a ship in the giveaways. :)
    I just wish I could claim it for when my Romulan levels up rather than not being eligible for it.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    And we got next day - 3 ships (FED and KDF carriers and Romulan Ar'Kif - which is also kind of carrier.
    Nice, even if I already have all of them .

But the page says it's until monday 21st - does it mean that there will be break until 23 january, or there will be another giveaways?
This discussion has been closed.