test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaways - Jem'Hadar Tactical Uniform!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
Happy Anniversary, Captains!

Nine years ago, Star Trek Online launched out into the universe. Each day of this week, we’ll be giving away a brand new surprise gift. All of these gifts will be accessible for one day only in the in game C-store. What are we giving away? Check back here each day for information on today’s prize, and how you can claim it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11070723-anniversary-giveaways-jem'hadar-tactical-uniform!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Is this the same one that's in the Victory Is Life packs?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Is this the same one that's in the Victory Is Life packs?

Yes. So only useful for folks who didnt buy the pack.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    PS4 has the disco uniform up for grabs.

Not sure if this is as an extra since the jem uniform was already unlocked for me due to the VIL pack I got there.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Also already got the Jem's Tact Uniform, still - it is nice piece for anyone that did not have it, and the giveaway just got started - so thanks, and I'm waiting for tomorrow one!
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Always nice to see a company giving back to it's customers. Thank you.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • galman1galman1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Is this an acct wide unlock or does each toon have to claim? Looking forward to a week of goodies. Hope some ship slots, dockyard slots, 1-2 new toon slots, heck lets wish for the VIL all inclusive pack, just kidding, not that spoiled yet.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Hmm. I already had the pack with this included, but a friend who did not have the pack says it is showing as "available" in the store as well.

If you did not have it and it is 100% off, would it show available or show a cost of 0 zen?

Looking forward to seeing what the other days will bring. I missed out on this last year by not paying attention. :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    PS4 has the disco uniform up for grabs.

Not sure if this is as an extra since the jem uniform was already unlocked for me due to the VIL pack I got there.

The Discovery uniforms were added as a free claim some time back, so they are not part of the Anniversary giveaway.
    GrWzQke.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Every day of the week.

Will it be today (Thursday), Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday? Or will it be today, Friday - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday?
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I got the big ViL pack, so this isn't much use to me. I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I was expecting the entitled bitching to have started already...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • msmith1983#4058 msmith1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If i get it, will it stop me from getting the gamma statrter pack later? As im whating to buy the starter pack that it is in.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If i get it, will it stop me from getting the gamma statrter pack later? As im whating to buy the starter pack that it is in.

You won't get a discount on the Starter Pack for getting this unlock beforehand (as in already having the Jem'Hadar Tactical costume unlocked), but getting the unlock won't prevent you from being able to get the Gamma Starter Pack (or the bigger, better one for that matter), unless there's a bug.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User

Just had someone test this out and the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack is still showing for purchase in the store.
    (Given recent store issues this is not 100% certain, but so far it looks like having the uniform won't affect anything.)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Dammit, I already bought this.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    OOooo does this come with a full color palette? One of my 4 Jem'Hadar characters only wears pink.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • capnovan#4257 capnovan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, I'm assuming this doesn't include XBox captains?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    So, I'm assuming this doesn't include XBox captains?

I would just go sign in and check the store...you only need claim it on one character from the Zen store. It unlocks for the entire account. At least, on PC it does that.

Otherwise, Xbox and PS4 will have to wait until their anniversary events start. Just keep an eye on what is going on PC, it is probably going to match pretty close, prize wise.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I found the Dev Blog about the 9th anniversary. It launches later for Xbox and PS4....though I don't see any established date for arrival to console side. (See italics)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11055623-mirror-of-discovery-launches-january-23rd!
    Captains on PC (and soon on Xbox One and Playstation 4) will travel to the forest planet of Pahvo, to investigate strange readings from an Ion Storm. From there, a two episode arc will place you in a deadly race against time – and to determine whether this ruthless Captain will be an ally or an enemy. Mirror of Discovery also brings back the Omega Molecule Stabilization event, in celebration of Star Trek Online’s 9th anniversary. Players can collect Omega particles scattered across the galaxy to earn the new T6 Vulcan Scout Ship, which was featured in Star Trek: Discovery. The update also introduces the new Personal Endeavors System, which offers players daily challenges to complete for account-wide performance boosts. A full list of features will be provided when Mirror of Discovery launches on PC January 23.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @tigeraries said:
    > starswordc wrote: »
    >
    > Is this the same one that's in the Victory Is Life packs?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. So only useful for folks who didnt buy the pack.

Sigh...there should be an universal upgrade or key or some other alternative if you had already spent in-game resources or actual real world money on what they’re giving away. Just to actually make it a giveaway that will give something to everyone.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    Once again those of us who support Cryptic and buy their stuff get ignored during these promotions. It's been this way for years, so I was not surprised/totally expected it. It seems to me if Cryptic cared, they'd offer some optional prize/reward for those that have already purchased the giveaway item. It's clear they do not care.

No hate to those that are getting it for free. Congrats to them! My dislike is directed entirely at Cryptic.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • sircrankshaft#2731 sircrankshaft Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is any one else encountering an issue with this not being available for free? I show it at 500c on all my toons. I have restarted the game twice?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    To clarify: this week's giveaways are for PC only. Console will get theirs when the anniversary event hits console.

Also, let's please stop with the negativity. Thanks.
    GrWzQke.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Dammit, I already bought this.

Ya got several more opportunities, yo. :)
    And not everyone got them before, so I'm glad they got a chance, now. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • galman1galman1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    In regards to substitute giveaway, I can understand the frustration over it. I know I have been upset when I saw things from my deluxe and collectors (boxed) version showing up. The problem is, I worry just what would go wrong with this. Could it cause all items in the store to cost 0 zen, 5x normal zen, items vanishing from inventory, or even that item being given already in your inventory vanishing. So I think Cryptic is playing it safe with just picking 7 items and releasing them once a day for a week. Maybe in the future they could create a kiosk at the factions "home base" where if you have the item you can use it to buy a different reward and it takes the one you have as payment yet includes it in the bundle you choose but then how will the game know the difference between what you got and if you had the VIL package.

Sure I won't deny I would love to see it changed but I see some sort of major bug or exploit that could do long term harm. Yes I would love all the things in zen store to cost zero, not going to happen obviously, however I don't think there is anyway they can give a different reward out if you have it

Only other thing would be if you already have and claim perhaps it gives a passive bonus. Once again what prevents someone who picked it up already from going to that "I already have it" option and claiming more than 1 and the bonus then gets higher, but I am not in on how Cryptic could code it, so we have to wait for Cryptic to decide if workable or not.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Purchased the JH starter pack so i already had the uniform, but free stuff is always appreciated.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User

Also, let's please stop with the negativity. Thanks.

Agreed. Any giveaway is a good giveaway. Not many MMO's do this and STO have done it selflessly for many many years.

• disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    You know, I can relate and sympathize with people who may feel a bit dejected after buying something only to see it given free at a later point in time, but being angry about it? That's as unreasonable as trying to get a dealership to pay you all the value of your car's depreciation over the years of owning it.

Besides, most people complaining didn't even buy the outfits directly; they got one of the packs, which are already WAY better value than buying everything individually. The Gamma Starter is already 500 zen cheaper than the ship included alone! You already got the rest of the contents of that pack effectively free when you bought it in the first place!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Every time there is a giveaway, there must be some poeple that start going "Oh, I already have this, could you give me something else?" or "Hey you give everyone something, but we pay for playing premium, so maybe you could give us something more?".
    Personally I have most ships and other account unlocks, but I'm still happy when I'm seeing a giveaway - even something, that I already have. Why? Because it means that the Cryptic (or PWE, or whoever "calls the shoots") cares about players.
    Meh - the STO is most player-friendly MMO, that I ever saw - period.
    It gives present to all players (many times a year - even a ships - just for login and claim), it gives top tier ships and gear - just for real light grinding (try to get a tank at WOT marathon on EU server, and you will know whats a real grind is). And it allows to trade premium currency inside the game.
    And most mission are reasonably easy (at normal difficulty).

So - thank you Cryptic, and PWE, and devs for good, light game, that I'm playing with pleasure...
This discussion has been closed.