test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/17/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/17 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Quick note: The rollback change from being able to play any mission you want, whenever you want, is not likely permanent. As I mentioned on the stream tonight, the way it was working would lead to brand new players getting tons of auto-hails and seeing 40 missions the first time they met Quinn or J'mpok. We're working on a fix so that you can still play any mission wherever, but if you're new, you won't get overwhelmed by seeing all of them at once. That should hopefully come soon, but until then, going back to "skip to whatever mission you want to play" was the best compromise.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Kind of strange how there just happens to be a problem with purchasing the T1 Oberth.

I am still hopeful that we'll see a T6 Oberth.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Quick note: The rollback change from being able to play any mission you want, whenever you want, is not likely permanent. As I mentioned on the stream tonight, the way it was working would lead to brand new players getting tons of auto-hails and seeing 40 missions the first time they met Quinn or J'mpok. We're working on a fix so that you can still play any mission wherever, but if you're new, you won't get overwhelmed by seeing all of them at once. That should hopefully come soon, but until then, going back to "skip to whatever mission you want to play" was the best compromise.

Understood, it's better than being spamcalled. xD
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    A Goatee made you invisible? AWW! I miss all the fun! :: pouts ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Advert found on ESD: "Want to sneak around unseen on Earth Spacedock? Grow a beard!" Reply advert found under it: "I guess this explains why we haven't seen any Klingons lately."
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    RIP William Morgan Sheppard
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    still not fixed the landing page spamming your customers every character change. I'm not surprised, you never have been able to get it to work, so now instead of appearing as described by AmbassadorKael as once per character per login, You've abandoned trying to fix it and now spamming us every character change is working as intended. :(
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    still not fixed the landing page spamming your customers every character change. I'm not surprised, you never have been able to get it to work, so now instead of appearing as described by AmbassadorKael as once per character per login, You've abandoned trying to fix it and now spamming us every character change is working as intended. :(

Personally I hate the landing page. I prefer to see it gone
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Hard wired into the ESC menu now so just make a keybind for logging out.

Personally I'm wondering if this will be the actual UTC time quoted or the more usual +- 1hour nonsense.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I, for one, am happy to see the above fixes. The issue of not being able to equip ships properly was getting annoying.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Hard wired into the ESC menu now so just make a keybind for logging out.

Personally I'm wondering if this will be the actual UTC time quoted or the more usual +- 1hour nonsense.

Maintenance is always at 3pm - 5.30pm UTC (GMT) unless otherwise stated for extended downtime or for a new season or for new content.
    I would like if possible to see implemented a tweet system introduced when maintenance begins and ends so players are made aware when then can jump back into game. Something in the same vain as SWTOR who tweet when downtime has begun and ended.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Personally I hate the landing page. I prefer to see it gone

I know in the larger picture there are more immediately bugs to fix but its the little things in life that matter and a feature that prevents access to your characters before closing should have a disable option esp as the thing is bound to the options menu so you to also see it if you select options. So twice for every character switch
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,453 Arc User
    I would rather not use Twitter myself unless I have to know some updates. I just wish that the Forums were used more to let people know about specific things that are changed in game, like things that the core team has done to the engine or things like that. Though it would be cool if Star Trek Online had its own Discord channel, more interaction with the devs not just weekly livestreams.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.