test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Skins for Boffs?

mybm#5203 mybm Member Posts: 35 Arc User
Theres a game that arc has called Pwi and you literally can import in its character creation folder pre templates is there such a folder for star trek online and if so is there templates for quark jordi and 7 of 9 etc? i did see some kind of online editor? i also notice that there might be pre templates of famous star trek charters i saw 7 of 9 on my hail on a mission i had the same hail system my boff uses to tell me stuff so i can only assume any star trek character that can hail you like jordi is actually already there.

is there a way to import this data so i v=can have a jordi 7 of 9 etc as a boff? is there a website that has these for download to import into star trek online folder ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Officially... No.
    You CAN get some holo BOffs of the TOS crew, DS9 characters, or Terran Admiral Leeta... but those are event, or, in the case of the DS9 characters like Quark and Rom, lockbox. Making a regular BOff look like one of the named NPCs in game would probably have a few legal issues due to likeness stuff. Also... while the assets exist in game for certain canon characters... they are NOT available for players. Any who are using them are using some sort of Tailor Exploit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mybm#5203 mybm Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Will i was searching the internet and i found something its not a hack or exploit apparently theirs meta information on screen shots folder the folder that keeps information of your customization's the pictures in that folder of your boffs and yourself have meta info apparently people can share these as long as the race and cloths etc is also unlock on that account?

i was wondering if there was a dedicated fan site that had famous star trek stars saved that could be shared as for copyright or likeness i dont think its an issue do to fact of fair use as long as there is no profit from it also note that the game itself is star trek and has a fan base also these charters are already in the game having a charter boff that looks like john luke as a borg boff shouldn't have any legal issues due to the fact its star trek now if i had put john luke borg in another game like war of war craft that obviously a legal issue lol
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    This may be Star Trek, but there's still the fact we don't have certain characters in game due to likeness stuff. For example there's a mission that TOS characters can run where we're aboard the Enterprise during the Babel Conference, and we find Kirk face down on the deck. The reason he's face down is because Cryptic is not allowed to use Shatner's likeness. Therefor we cannot see Kirk's face.

CBS allowed the likenesses of the rest of the TOS crew for Holo BOffs and Chekov (who we saw as a Captain in the Temporal Arc), and any of the TNG, DS9, and Voyager crews we see have had their actors actually do something in game.

William Shatner would probably want compensation for the use of his likeness in STO.

We have some mockups people have made floating around, but EXACT likeness is a no go.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Be aware that using actor/character likeness in the Foundry is expressly forbidden.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/

There is a STO Reddit for that....
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mybm#5203 mybm Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Thank you guys for clarification and feed back i appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.