test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] The Emperor's Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited January 2019 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Command the brand new Styx Terran Dreadnought Cruiser, wield the Emperor's Sword, wear the uniforms of the Terran Empire, and more with the Emperor's Lock Box, coming with Mirror of Discovery!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11069743

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    First glance looks like a great box. A cruiser with pets is always welcomed, nice ship trait but dislike the scaling leveling system types, love the fortune cookie tribble and IMO the best new stuff in there was the DISCO uniforms. Probably the best looking ones so far in STO. Thanks Cryptic!
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Awww didnt you guys remove the tribble from game when it was leaked... and your putting it back in? that guy who paid mills of ec on the exchange is gonna go ballistic :p
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    love the fortune cookie tribble

Yeah I really like the "in every box" thing. It's an adorable bit of flavor which is appreciate in the nth iteration of a content pack.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Long live the Empire!

Captain Killy Bridge Officer please! :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    EMPEROR'S SWORD! My Lucina and Saber cosplay outfits thank you.
    Also WOOT! Terran uniforms! Need.
    And new flavors of Linked weapons eh? Sounds interesting. I foresee the tactical ones being rather popular.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Is Agony Ray on the hangar parts something we will also get or is this like aceton beam?

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The uniforms are very well done & looking. Lobi being so expensive & only per character is a deterrent, but I'm sure those uniforms will be very sought after & expensive on the Exchange. The sword seems to have a nice ability & looks good.

I never knew of this Fortune Cookie Tribble, but it looks so amazingly accurate to its name lol I wonder what it does? The other stuff offered I deem like participation trophies. It's the way Cryptic can state, "see no gambling here they got something."

Nice assortment of Captain Traits offered all with positives & negatives.

All 3 Kit Modules sound excellent & fun.

The weapon pack sounds like another good follow-up to the expanding more specialized weaponry.

That Agony console, imo, is hit or miss depending upon how much impact it actually does. It reads as "cool" but it depends upon what it actually does in-game whether or not it is just a novelty.

I'm really surprised this Emperor's Lock Box only offers the possibility of 1 ship. Don't all the other, if not most, of the Lock Boxes offer 2 ship possibilities? I mean the cool uniforms & the sword weapon isn't a chance to win since it is purchased with the expensive character bound Lobi so overall this seems to offer less significant items to win besides the fluff items that mean you really lost & thanks for playing, but what it is offering does seem good quality items & nice assortment too.

Excellent ship it seems & nice variety of other items, but nothing I want to risk gambling for since I lose anyways.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    RE: Fortune Cookie Tribble:
    What does this mean??? "Each box also contains a Terran Fortune Cookie, with a similarly assorted fortune."

Is it a Tribble we can place in devices or a "cookie" to "crack open for a fortune" of a temporary buff?????
    And have to get another one over and over???

Or are there multiple "Fortunes" and we can have a multitude of Cookie Tribbles of different flavors??????

OK...I may be slightly over analyzing this...it is only a Tribble.
    Don't leave room in your writing for me to start dreaming up things, goshdingit.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    And where is the Klingon stuff...I like those bling-y, ornate outfits they were wearing in the first couple of shows I caught. It would look sooo cool as formal wear. :) I did not watch the show past that.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What does this mean??? "Each box also contains a Terran Fortune Cookie, with a similarly assorted fortune."

Is it a Tribble we can place in devices or a "cookie" to "crack open for a fortune" of a temporary buff?????

Or are there multiple "Fortunes" and we can have a multitude of Cookie Tribbles of different flavors??????

Don't leave room in your writing for me to start dreaming up things, goshdingit.

We eat the Tribble Fortube Cookie and excrete the goodies later. We have become the Cannibal Tribble.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    The kit modules look interesting.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Wait.. so.. the ship's universal console is useable on ANY ship?.. is that going to be a new standard for future lockbox ships?

(Would that also apply to, say, Voth consoles if/when they get a T6 variant?)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Wait.. so.. the ship's universal console is useable on ANY ship?.. is that going to be a new standard for future lockbox ships?

(Would that also apply to, say, Voth consoles if/when they get a T6 variant?)

Based on what they've said on Livestreams, it's the new standard going forward for all ships. The last few C-Store ships (Narendra, Vor'ral, Europa) came with consoles that can be used on any ship.

On the Voth consoles, it is pretty likely if/when they get uplifted to T6. The Wells class variants and Temporal Destroyer had their consoles become equip-able on any ship, and that extended to the T5 variant consoles. Due note, however, that the consoles in that weren't in the uplift, like the Paradox's console, didn't have their equip limits changed, so if the Bastion and Palisade end up T6 uplifted, their consoles will become truly universal, but the Bulwark's might not.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I'd like Giorgio's hair flower. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    ::::giggles:::: I keep reading "STOP C" when I browse the forums and see this thread title. :smiley:

• messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Terran uniforms in the lobi store. :o
    tenor.gif​​
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'll definitely get the sword and uniforms. The traits sound like they have potential. The ship though? I'll pass. Also, no lobi ship? Ok.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I never knew of this Fortune Cookie Tribble, but it looks so amazingly accurate to its name lol I wonder what it does?

It pops up a privacy statement, asking you to accept cookies ;)

Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Those Crit Severity traits seem like a must have. Cheap crit severity increase, who doesn't want that?

I'm not that interested in the gold plating on those uniforms, but I might get them. I like the black armour look and the extra weapon visuals and such.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)

You eat the Fortune Cookie Tribble and later excrete out the rewards. We are now all Cannibal Tribbles.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    edited January 2019
    Those Crit Severity traits seem like a must have. Cheap crit severity increase, who doesn't want that?

It would depend on stats...and how it fits into your build.
    And if it is worth give up something else in order to slot new traits.

Both in ground and space:
    receiving a critical strike slows you somewhat for a brief duration
    HOW SLOW are they talking about??? What is brief duration???
    Anyhoo...look before you buy.

I wonder if we could get clarification... on this part though: Player getting a "Critical" ON the Target slows the Player down???

• picardocaptpicardocapt Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Love the idea, love the content. I, for one, am enthusiastic about 'Disco'.

However - I'd rather buy the ship through Zen (real money) in one time, rather than having to open up a lockbox lottery.
    Let's be honest here, this is possibly what's keeping players away from the game, after a while of playing, in general..
    "To baldly go, where no one has gone before"

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I wonder if we could get clarification... on this part though: Player getting a "Critical" ON the Target slows the Player down???

I believe it means whenever you take a crit from an enemy attack.
    Let's be honest here, this is possibly what's keeping players away from the game, after a while of playing, in general..[/b]

Doubt it. However you can just buy it off another player off the Exchange. When the supply gets a bit more steady it will probably be around 400 mil ECs.

You also have to consider what's going to be a more reliable source of income for Cryptic. A one time per account purcase, or a steady stream from lockbox keys?
    Also note... you don't need to actually USE said keys. You can sell them to other people for generally around 4 mil each.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Apparently there was a leak that let people breed them a while back, the result? A tribble that spits out "fortunes" when you pet it. It'll probably be dirt cheap if you get one in EVERY box.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    One thing's for sure, DiscoMirrorverse knows how to make symetrical collars for their uniforms, unlike prime Discoverse.
    edited January 2019
    Apparently there was a leak that let people breed them a while back, the result? A tribble that spits out "fortunes" when you pet it. It'll probably be dirt cheap if you get one in EVERY box.

As long as it isn't one of those screechy ones. Complainers. Whining about Klingons.

reyan01 wrote: »
    Lol at that promo image (Killy + Sword); for some reason the first thing that springs to mind is "For the Honour of Greyskull!"
    :D

It's because the silhouette of the sword is nearly identical to the Power Sword.

Things I want in STO:

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

As long as it isn't one of those screechy ones. Complainers. Whining about Klingons.

I have to test them with my Gorn player character (I've been using the special ones for him, but if I recall 'screechy' ones squealed with the Gorn BOffs of my other KDF characters too.