test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gonna reiterate this one...(How to deal with Tzenkethi, and why they're different.)

124»

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I forgot the Multi-target tractor array. That could be used well with both the S'torr console and a doffed TBR and you'd have near constant ability to push/pull groups of targets away from objectives.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Whoa....none of this stuff is accessible to me, though.
    I will stick to that S'Torr "Chain of Fire" console...I HAVE that already.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Better to practice with something one has than to risk losing my game playing time by trying to get something someone else says is better.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    fadamsxiicrypticfadamsxiicryptic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Particularly in the Space section.

Here is the top mistake I see, it's why so many runs in "Tzenkethi Front" and that-mission-with-the-black-hole end up losing players from quits after 30 minutes or more.

Gravity Well is a bad idea.

1. Gravity Well makes the mission harder.
    2. Tractor Beam Repulsors make the mission easier.

easier, vs. harder.

the basic trick here, is that your more traditionally OP control effects (which aren't really OP at all), such as Gravity Well (1, 2, or 3) aren't going to hurt them, it's like giving them a "Tanking supercharge" at your own expense.

The correct tactic, then, is to toss them around like ragdolls with TBR.

this is the way easier way to kill them, instead of looking at mister respawn button.

That's also really important in Kobayashi Maru. I've seen the group basically eliminated in seconds in the past three runs I've been in when the Tzenkethi spawn because people kept casting Gravity Well at them. This version of the KM scenario seems a lot harder than the last one though, and I'm not quite sure why yet. To be honest, all of the groups I've been in haven't managed to stay alive long enough for me to figure out what's different now.
    I am a Starfleet Officer first, but an Intelligence Professional second to none. With pride in my heritage, but focused on the future. Performing the first task of an Army; To find, know and never lose the enemy. With a sense of urgency and of tenacity, professional and physical fitness. And above all: Integrity--for in truth lies victory. Always at Silent War while ready for a shooting war: The silent warrior of the Starfleet team

Original Join Date: 19 December 2010
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    I like fighting the Tzenkethi!
    I'm not fond of Gravity Kills though cause I'm in a Heavy Dreadnought

like it was mentioned above
    First and foremost, Kill the Cruisers FIRST

and it should be mentioned, Tzenkethi ships have weak forward shielding.
    even when they group up, the Cruisers are still weak to attacks on their forward shields
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Particularly in the Space section.

Here is the top mistake I see, it's why so many runs in "Tzenkethi Front" and that-mission-with-the-black-hole end up losing players from quits after 30 minutes or more.

Gravity Well is a bad idea.

1. Gravity Well makes the mission harder.
    2. Tractor Beam Repulsors make the mission easier.

easier, vs. harder.

the basic trick here, is that your more traditionally OP control effects (which aren't really OP at all), such as Gravity Well (1, 2, or 3) aren't going to hurt them, it's like giving them a "Tanking supercharge" at your own expense.

The correct tactic, then, is to toss them around like ragdolls with TBR.

this is the way easier way to kill them, instead of looking at mister respawn button.

That's also really important in Kobayashi Maru. I've seen the group basically eliminated in seconds in the past three runs I've been in when the Tzenkethi spawn because people kept casting Gravity Well at them. This version of the KM scenario seems a lot harder than the last one though, and I'm not quite sure why yet. To be honest, all of the groups I've been in haven't managed to stay alive long enough for me to figure out what's different now.
    Could always parse it. Personally, as long as it lasts long enough to get me my event token I don't care.
This discussion has been closed.