test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Able to equip TWO omni-directional beam arrays bug

Arc tech support said to post this here (they recognize it is a bug).

This is in reference to my Jem'Hadar character.

I'm trying to equip my T6 Temporal Dreadnought ship with an Advanced Inhibiting Polaron Omni-directional beam array AND a Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon (which is a turret) at the same time. The game will not allow it (says I can only equip one of this item). However, the game will allow me to equip an Omni-Directional Polaron Beam Array along with the Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon at the same time. I can't swap out the regular polaron omni-directional array with the advanced inhibiting one.

It WILL allow me to equip an Advanced Inhibiting Polaron Omni-directional beam array AND an Omni-Directional Polaron Beam Array at the same time, and this should NOT be allowed.

Comments

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    the morphogenic polaron weapon count as a set omni beam, not a turret, even tho it could work like a turret or a omni depending on your fire mode used. j
    ust 1 set omni beam is allowed at the same time, but you could add a non set (crafted as example) omni beam at the same time.
    thats why you could equip one of those + the normal polaron beam array.

thats how it always was.
  • exanguinateexanguinate Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    all you can have at once is 1 set omni, 1 crafed omni and the borg's omni cutting beam (which doesnt behave like normal beams and doesnt react to beam boff abilities).
  • subzero#5278 subzero Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    the morphogenic polaron weapon count as a set omni beam, not a turret, even tho it could work like a turret or a omni depending on your fire mode used. j
    ust 1 set omni beam is allowed at the same time, but you could add a non set (crafted as example) omni beam at the same time.

thats how it always was.

But then why does the game say the morphogenic polaron weapon is a turret in the details pop-up window for this weapon??? And why does it look like other turrets and not an omni-directional beam weapon?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

thats how it always was.

But then why does the game say the morphogenic polaron weapon is a turret in the details pop-up window for this weapon??? And why does it look like other turrets and not an omni-directional beam weapon?

The morphogenic polaron weapon is a special little snowflake. It can be a turret or omni-beam depending on what boff powers you use.
    As default it starts out as a turret because technical reasons but the moment you active FAW/BO it becomes a full fledged omni-beam and stays that way till you either leave the map or activate CRF/CSV.
  • subzero#5278 subzero Member Posts: 12 Arc User

thats how it always was.

The morphogenic polaron weapon is a special little snowflake. It can be a turret or omni-beam depending on what boff powers you use.
    As default it starts out as a turret because technical reasons but the moment you active FAW/BO it becomes a full fledged omni-beam and stays that way till you either leave the map or activate CRF/CSV.

So let me get this right - you say a weapon can identify itself as an omni-directional array or turret depending on what powers I use? That makes no sense. What other weapons in the game act this way?

I worked to obtain both the morphogenic polaron weapon (along with its full set of 3 components) along with the advanced inhibiting polaron omni-directional array (and its full set of 3 components) so I could gain the ability to use both those complete sets' special abilities. But the game isn't allowing it, which means I've completely wasted my time grinding out obtaining full compliments of both sets.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    ""That makes no sense. What other weapons in the game act this way?""

None, as seriousdave stated, "The morphogenic polaron weapon is a special little snowflake." It is a totally unique weapon and there is no other weapon in the game anything like it ....yet. If you use cannon powers, it acts as a turret, if you activate beam powers, it morphs into an omni-beam. Due to it's unique capability to morph into an omni-beam it is coded as a mission-rep omni-beam and as such can not be equipped at the same time as any other rep-mission omni-beam, but, just like all other mission-rep omni-beams, it can be equipped at the same time as a crafted omni-beam and the Kinetic cutting beam.

I myself have spent long hours of play time and significant resources grinding and upgrading stuff, only to find out that it could not be used in the way I had planned. Of course, in every single case, a quick Forum search showed me that I was not the first one to do the exact same thing, but it also showed me that if I had checked in the forums first I wouldn't have wasted all that time and resources to begin with. When I remember to, I now make it a point to check the forums before spending any significant time grinding or expending resources as there is always someone (usually several people) who have already thought of and tried anything I ever think of and have posted their results here in the forums.

All of that information about the morphogenic weapon was clarified in great detail within days of the time it was first added to the game and it has been stated that this is the way it is and it's not going to change. I feel your pain, having been there myself, and I'm hoping that coming to the forums and venting your frustrations has made you feel a little better but if you spend a minute or two searching the forums you will see that making the post has done nothing more than that, venting your frustrations.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »

None, as seriousdave stated, "The morphogenic polaron weapon is a special little snowflake." It is a totally unique weapon and there is no other weapon in the game anything like it ....yet. If you use cannon powers, it acts as a turret, if you activate beam powers, it morphs into an omni-beam. Due to it's unique capability to morph into an omni-beam it is coded as a mission-rep omni-beam and as such can not be equipped at the same time as any other rep-mission omni-beam, but, just like all other mission-rep omni-beams, it can be equipped at the same time as a crafted omni-beam and the Kinetic cutting beam.

I myself have spent long hours of play time and significant resources grinding and upgrading stuff, only to find out that it could not be used in the way I had planned. Of course, in every single case, a quick Forum search showed me that I was not the first one to do the exact same thing, but it also showed me that if I had checked in the forums first I wouldn't have wasted all that time and resources to begin with. When I remember to, I now make it a point to check the forums before spending any significant time grinding or expending resources as there is always someone (usually several people) who have already thought of and tried anything I ever think of and have posted their results here in the forums.

All of that information about the morphogenic weapon was clarified in great detail within days of the time it was first added to the game and it has been stated that this is the way it is and it's not going to change. I feel your pain, having been there myself, and I'm hoping that coming to the forums and venting your frustrations has made you feel a little better but if you spend a minute or two searching the forums you will see that making the post has done nothing more than that, venting your frustrations.

The Dyson Proton Weapon from the Protonic Arsenal set would like a word with you. Functions like a cannon when you use cannon abilities, or a beam when you use beam abilities. And if you want to call something a special snowflake weapon, look to that. How many pure proton weapons are there in the game? 3?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    arionisa wrote: »

The Dyson Proton Weapon from the Protonic Arsenal set would like a word with you. Functions like a cannon when you use cannon abilities, or a beam when you use beam abilities. And if you want to call something a special snowflake weapon, look to that. How many pure proton weapons are there in the game? 3?

Well, dyson weapon is slightly different from the morphogenic weapon, still also a very special snowflake though.
    It's technically neither beam nor cannon and can only use specific firing modes (all beam/cannon modes with the full set). And of course that horribly underused energy type that fits into almost nothing.