test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some C-store Updates this Morning

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We've made some changes to the C-store with this morning's update. Some of them (you can see the Gamma Starter Pack upgrade even if you've already purchased both packs) are bugs! Here's some that aren't:
-The Voyager Bridge as a Separate Item
-Reclaimable Type 7 Shuttle
-T6 Intrepid + Interior Pack
-Federation Basic Starter Pack (with some updates)
-Fleet Ship Module Bundle

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I hate to ask, but can we get a list of what all new/reinserted is intended to show up and what's bugged? And what updates were made to the Federation Basic Starter Pack?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I haven't had a chance to log in yet, but is the Elite Starter Pack back in the store? If not, will it be at some point or has it been permanently removed?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User

I know that will make a lot of people that missed out on it very happy.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Seeing how it goes for 2000 zen I am somewhat disappointed, I bought every Voyager ship separately which already costs more this way, I am not inclined to fork out yet another 2000 for the interior I missed out on. And besides I found disappointment in these ships afterwards as I found their setups less enjoyable than many other ships.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Where is the Promotions Tab Account wide unlock of the Future Flyer Board?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    The future flyer board is back in the promotions tab as of this update at least for anyone who may already be able to claim it. I thought I would mention it in case anyone hasn't noticed it yet. :)
    Thanks for the info.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    There is an Elite Services Starter Pack in the C-Store now, purchasable once per character, and anything you might be maxed out on can be moved to your account bank for use with another character you have. :)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    We've made some changes to the C-store with this morning's update. Some of them (you can see the Gamma Starter Pack upgrade even if you've already purchased both packs) are bugs! Here's some that aren't:
    -Reclaimable Type 7 Shuttle
    -T6 Intrepid + Interior Pack
    -Federation Basic Starter Pack (with some updates)
    -Fleet Ship Module Bundle

I know there was a bug/'feature?' where if you purchased any pre-T6 Intrepids, you couldn't get the Voyager bridge set when buying the T6 Intrepid... I wish that was retroactively given to those who did purchase it when the offer was up again the last time.

But at least we get the chance to buy it now. *sigh* I'll wait until there's a sale for bridge sets, so at least I can get some kind of discount :)
    But after they released the Elite Starter Pack the pencil necks thought it was a losing proposition. And no one told them:

'You do your job, pencil neck, don't tell me how to do mine!' :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The original Elite starter pack gave me EC cap lifted, 20 account bank slots, and some other things…
    This one is strange - especially as I did buy the original one, and now it seems I can buy this one too :o
    ... oh, and the "per toon" reclaim from the original is avaiable still, so… some strange bug?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    The original Elite starter pack gave me EC cap lifted, 20 account bank slots, and some other things…
    This one is strange - especially as I did buy the original one, and now it seems I can buy this one too :o
    ... oh, and the "per toon" reclaim from the original is avaiable still, so… some strange bug?

This new pack is not a bug. It would appear that it is a replacement to the old Elite Starter Pack. Since they are two different packs it's no surprise players would be able to purchase both.

What is causing some concern for some players (myself included) is that there was NO ANNOUNCEMENT that the old Elite Starter Pack would be removed and also NO ANNOUNCEMENT about this new pack when it initially showed up. Some have said that it seems like a bait and switch while others would just like some clarification.

There is at least one other instance where the Elite Starter Pack disappeared for a time, but it was put back in the CStore within a week or so after the Devs were told about it. They even posted that it was a bug and would be back ASAP. This time though, the Devs have remained silent which only fuels the conspiracy theorists and continues to fester doubt about what exactly is going on.

I hold out hope the Elite Starter Pack will return. My gut says it won't, but, we'll see.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Original starter packs gone and likely won't be coming back due to being far too good a value even at full price.

New one (with the suspiciously similar name) is a wait for a sale job being only a per character purchase and even then only if you really need the space.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    @ambassadorkael#6946 can we finally get an answer about the Elite Starter Pack please?

It vanished suddenly with zero mention from any member of the team and the newly added Elite SERVICES Starter Pack has an almost identical name but is not the same account unlocks in it. Plus that never saw any mention from the dev team either when it appeared.

Combined with the bugs with various things missing from the C-store recently is this what has happened to the Elite Starter Pack?
    Or is there something else going on here? Because the utter silence for weeks from anyone on the dev or community teams speak volumes about this to the players......

Edit: Also to ask, why did this thread drop miles down the forum listings right after I posted this question?
    SulMatuul.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Terms of Service

24.4 We may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement our fees, billing methods and terms applicable to Zen or to any purchases, and post those changes in these Terms, in separate Terms of Sale or in other terms or agreements posted on the Website or Service or otherwise provided to you by us. Such modifications, amendments, supplements or Terms of Sale shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website or Service and shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your account at any time.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.