test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Academy map - weird flickering shadows/lighting all over the buildings.

lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
So i beamed down to the Academy for the first time in a few months and i'm getting all sorts of weird flickering graphical issues on all the buildings. It appears to be something wrong with the highlights or shadows popping in/out of rendering. Seems to only happen when i'm moving though as if the game is redrawing them wrong as the view changes.
Really distracting when walking around.

Is anyone else getting this issue or have any ideas what is causing it?
SulMatuul.png

Comments

• nick94#7698 nick94 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    So i beamed down to the Academy for the first time in a few months and i'm getting all sorts of weird flickering graphical issues on all the buildings. It appears to be something wrong with the highlights or shadows popping in/out of rendering. Seems to only happen when i'm moving though as if the game is redrawing them wrong as the view changes.
    Really distracting when walking around.

Is anyone else getting this issue or have any ideas what is causing it?

I noticed that to since the last update
    Starfleet Command
    Official Rank: Fleet Admiral
    Field Rank: Captain
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    This has been happening since the release of "Age of Discovery". See the thread below.

Starfleet Academy (2409/2410) flickering textures/shadows.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I've noticed that too.
    I've also noticed that DS9 is dark as a TRIBBLE right now. And this is ONLY at DS9, and ONLY since the last update on Friday to put in Party Crashers for Q's ground daily. I do NOT use 2.0, I wont use 2.0 as I hate the way it looks. So all of you itching to tell me to switch my settings for one map, don't bother. I'd rather they fix whatever they messed up in the last patch. If not, it'll just be another reason to not go except for rep tier up mssgs. And the damn place used to be my preferred hangout for breaks between missions.