test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DIS Terran Uniforms are going to be Lockbox?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    God TRIBBLE It!

Why? People will be selling the costume unlock on the exchange for credits, or you can use lobi. No gambling.

You'll be supporting the game either way, since someone needed to spend zen to get keys or packs to get lobi. Supporting the game is a good thing, it keeps the lights on and new content arriving.

Unless you plan to create a bunch of different mirror captains you only need one unlock.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It doesn't say Fed-locked on the announcment. Should I dare hope?
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    im just not good at the whole currency conversion thing

how much are we expecting for these to go for?
    and im assuming its per character unlock
    Between 40 million and 80 million is pretty typical. As usual it's a character unlock. I'll probably only get it for 3 of my characters.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Yea. 40-80 mil is average for a cross faction or Fed dostume unlock due to supply.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It's happening.
    8kRkf5d.gif
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Guess will purchase a set of these outfits for one character.

But honest to god, EVERYONE will be wearing them and I'd argue that they'll become the most popular item in the lobi store (save perhaps the Vengence class).

Might as well rename the game ST: Mirror Universe Online.

Hm or it will just be the latest thing for a while you know.

Peeps run around with the new mirror stuff for a few weeks and are then back to the usual… miniskirts and bikini tops. :p
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

But honest to god, EVERYONE will be wearing them and I'd argue that they'll become the most popular item in the lobi store

Really? Hmm. Honestly, I don't really get the attraction. :|

(Sure, I'll grab a copy at some point, to see if any of the parts are useful. Like the plain black pants, or the boots. But the major bits? Hrm.)
    Peeps run around with the new mirror stuff for a few weeks and are then back to the usual… miniskirts and bikini tops. :p

Mirror miniskirts and bikini tops. :D

(yes, it's shallow of me, but the switch of the Mirror U from crazysexyland into 40K Imperial Guard just seems... eh. Morrigan Intendant Kira disapproves. But Discovery is practically made of retcon, so... /shrug)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am baffled how hard they just copied the 40K imperium, complete with the golden throne and swords. DSC really struggles to be something of it's own, sadly.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Phooey! I don't mind paying for uniforms, but I freaking HATE lobi uniforms. I mean a SHIP character locked....cool. But an OUTFIT? My collector alt will pick it up (he's a ferengi, what do you expect) but thats about it for me
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    As much as I dislike Lobi spending, those uniforms ARE pretty nice. And our Federation does go around killing and conquering everyone already. So..... Yep, I'll be picking one up for my mine. Finally switching out of the Odyssey uniform.

Each to their own. I like them, although think the gold trim is overkill and I dislike the fact that there is no (obvious) visible rank insignia.

Well, it IS the Mirror Universe. How long does one keep their rank in that society?
  • Options

But honest to god, EVERYONE will be wearing them and I'd argue that they'll become the most popular item in the lobi store (save perhaps the Vengence class).

Might as well rename the game ST: Mirror Universe Online.

Remember, for a while the Feds were all about Terran Empire Booty Shorts! I still love that setup!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am baffled how hard they just copied the 40K imperium, complete with the golden throne and swords. DSC really struggles to be something of it's own, sadly.​​
    Nah, swords are generic, it's not 40k enough without CHAINswords.
  • Options
    aviewtoakill#9776 aviewtoakill Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I find those uniforms to be very tacky and unoriginal.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

There's also no chunky armor and not enough zeal for violence.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)

If you are getting bored...I suggest go kill some snowmen in WW, as an option.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    kiralyn wrote: »

But honest to god, EVERYONE will be wearing them and I'd argue that they'll become the most popular item in the lobi store

Really? Hmm. Honestly, I don't really get the attraction. :|

(Sure, I'll grab a copy at some point, to see if any of the parts are useful. Like the plain black pants, or the boots. But the major bits? Hrm.)

Mirror miniskirts and bikini tops. :D

(yes, it's shallow of me, but the switch of the Mirror U from crazysexyland into 40K Imperial Guard just seems... eh. Morrigan Intendant Kira disapproves. But Discovery is practically made of retcon, so... /shrug)

Oh I agree.

I don’t know what to make of the new uniforms with my mirror themed char. At the moment everything looks cool on his crew with the mirror uniform packs we got so far. One can even do some cool mix and match with Odyssey and Academy outfits.

No idea how the new stuff should add to this, or better not at all. At least I hope all the gold parts from the new mirror uniforms are seperate items one can add like belts or chest gear ec.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Let's keep the discussion on point in here folks
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

There's also no chunky armor and not enough zeal for violence.

Dyson Reputation armor works.

Nice 40k powersword that Cryptic decided to port to this game though for the new Emperor's lockbox.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > I am baffled how hard they just copied the 40K imperium, complete with the golden throne and swords. DSC really struggles to be something of it's own, sadly.​​
    >
    >
    >
    > Nah, swords are generic, it's not 40k enough without CHAINswords.

But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄

What do you mean, completely useless? The female version protects the upper body perfectly.. except for the cleavage and the sides (it's not like something important might be under that sternum). The male version protects the heart, liver and right lung. That's all Terrans need to survive. :*
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    When I saw it I thought "Man, some Terran just mugged He-Man and ran off with his sword."

Not sure if He-Man is all that well known outside the US.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

What do you mean, completely useless? The female version protects the upper body perfectly.. except for the cleavage and the sides (it's not like something important might be under that sternum). The male version protects the heart, liver and right lung. That's all Terrans need to survive. :*

If they were going to go 40K, shouldn't the Discovery, as their fastest ship, be painted red?

That Terran armor is better than the female armor you'll find in most MMOs.
This discussion has been closed.