test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Infected Manus from Ground random

2»

Comments

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    i would understand to ask about cure ground, because that one really require a lot of running. compared to that one, iga is pretty fast, you just need 2-3 people being able to use the consoles propperly ^^
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I think it might be a good idea too. More information for players means potentially more players willing to do certain STFs. More STFs running means potentially fixing some problems due to things being actually run too. Again win-win for all parties.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Then I'll get cracking.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    OP, you are evil :)
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    IGA got nothing on CGA lengthwise.
    This mission is fine its just annoying no boby knows or plays the trigger lines for the rescue optional and costs you reward.
    Trigger lines? People still do that? This isn't 2012. GO! GO! GO! That's how you do the mission. Honestly, that was never how you did this mission, if you stood around sniping from behind a line in 2012, you lost the optional on time. In 2012, the way it was done was MASSED CHARGE WITH SWORDS.

Not just in 2012, also just after Delta Rising was launched. First time after that update, we ran out of time so we had to ignore most of the enemies between the last room and the one that comes just before it.

Those were the best instances.

Before that, it was just boring. I even remember someone giving me a TR rifle (which was still pretty new back then of course) for helping him get the optional just before the costume unlocks were removed.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
    The trigger lines are badly placed though (or perhaps the officers are, that's the other possibility).

Near the first room, there's no way of seeing what is happening when you first cross it. That's a missed opportunity to add a learning moment there. If players could see what happens when they reach a certain point, it might help. But in most rooms that's just not the case.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The trigger lines are badly placed though (or perhaps the officers are, that's the other possibility).

Near the first room, there's no way of seeing what is happening when you first cross it. That's a missed opportunity to add a learning moment there. If players could see what happens when they reach a certain point, it might help. But in most rooms that's just not the case.
    The purpose of the tigger lines is to adapt the pace of the NPC assimilation to player progress (when arriving in a new room, the players are always just in time to save the NPC), rather than using global timers.

Players learning where the lines are and using them to their advantage to clear enemies before entering rooms is emergent gameplay. You should not complain about it, as Cryptic has a habit of "fixing" emergent gameplay by removing it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This mission is fine its just annoying no boby knows or plays the trigger lines for the rescue optional and costs you reward.
    Trigger lines? People still do that? This isn't 2012. GO! GO! GO! That's how you do the mission. Honestly, that was never how you did this mission, if you stood around sniping from behind a line in 2012, you lost the optional on time. In 2012, the way it was done was MASSED CHARGE WITH SWORDS.

Actually in 2012, since I did these on Elite, the most successful way to do the optionals was to use a pulsewave. Melee weapons weren't used back then, like they are today. Mainly because it didn't take much to kill a character back then. The trigger lines were used back then, mainly as a rally point for everyone to get caught up.

In 2012 we didn't have the easy mode setups we do today. We had a skill tree and 15 traits, and you had to split those 15 traits between ground and space. Resetting traits meant buying a Captain Retrain token. Most time melee was reserved for tanking, Armek for example.

Back then, melee had to be thought out. There was not blind, godmode rush like there is today. Because, in these maps, melee either got you dead, or assimilated. Either way, it made you more of a detriment to the party, than a help.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

Actually in 2012, since I did these on Elite, the most successful way to do the optionals was to use a pulsewave. Melee weapons weren't used back then, like they are today. Mainly because it didn't take much to kill a character back then. The trigger lines were used back then, mainly as a rally point for everyone to get caught up.

In 2012 we didn't have the easy mode setups we do today. We had a skill tree and 15 traits, and you had to split those 15 traits between ground and space. Resetting traits meant buying a Captain Retrain token. Most time melee was reserved for tanking, Armek for example.

Back then, melee had to be thought out. There was not blind, godmode rush like there is today. Because, in these maps, melee either got you dead, or assimilated. Either way, it made you more of a detriment to the party, than a help.
    Correction: In 2012 we had FOUR traits (1-3 of which were preset by species, unless you were custom alien) and if you wanted to reset them, you had to reroll the whole toon.

Trait respec tokens were introduced with Legacy of Romulus in 2013, and we got 9 traits then (one of which was preset by species, except for custom aliens).

But yeah, pulsewave + sniper (preferably from the set, of course) was the standard kit for IGE back then.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If someone is not willing to ASK for help... then are they going to listen to any offered advice?
    So far the whole tone of this thread is a rant against doing the mentioned content. No request of advice on how to do it. Someone provided some advice of their own volition... and got torn into over "Who does that" and "its only there to mess people up".

So... how does criticizing the responses over lack of advice factor in when the reception to said advice has been somewhat dismissive to hostile?

They ARE asking for help....help "everyone else" do better.
    When the fail point is actually, they could not TEAM...the Team could not get it together.

See...FGOI, solo mission. Make it or break it...all depends on you.
    You will see players asking for help to help themselves.

Ground TFOs...team mission. Don't you know it is everyone else's fault? They won't ask....so you see more threads that sound like the OP's. Why would they ask for help for themselves? They are doing everything they can...every individual one of them.

And we are seeing them as complaints. Nerf this, remove that, separate ground from space, I won't do it any more....etc... (missing something in here somewhere, but oh well....)

Veteran and experienced players can share their successes with others. Others can see, "Hey this works!" Once the "tips and tricks" get out there and everyone has a chance to view them or read them...and word gets around "Here is how to make it work, we have to do it together".

And just like the WW Tips and Tricks....players will come in and share their successes....completed with the help of what other players shared in that thread. But for every one of those, there are more reading and sharing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    There's a difference between making demands and honestly asking for help. Its all in the delivery.
    You come across as aggressive or making demands... not everyone is going to see that as "Can you help me get better at this content". More like how it was taken here, which was "I don't like it so get rid of it".

Besides... Baddmoon said he was going to set up a section for threads dealing with STFs. All we gotta do is wait for the open sign and start making threads.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Spitting out a vague "I don't like it" -post then leaving, is not asking for help.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The difference is:

This PoS Episode is annoyingly impossible to finish.

vs.

I have wracked my brain and cannot figure out how to complete this Episode.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    warpangel wrote: »

The purpose of the tigger lines is to adapt the pace of the NPC assimilation to player progress (when arriving in a new room, the players are always just in time to save the NPC), rather than using global timers.

Players learning where the lines are and using them to their advantage to clear enemies before entering rooms is emergent gameplay. You should not complain about it, as Cryptic has a habit of "fixing" emergent gameplay by removing it.

Nah, they prefer to do that with simple, almost empty maps that people get lost in ;)

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There's a difference between making demands and honestly asking for help. Its all in the delivery.
    You come across as aggressive or making demands... not everyone is going to see that as "Can you help me get better at this content". More like how it was taken here, which was "I don't like it so get rid of it".

Besides... Baddmoon said he was going to set up a section for threads dealing with STFs. All we gotta do is wait for the open sign and start making threads.

Done.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/player-guides
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Infected ground is one of the best PvE they ever did in my opinion. Missing elite version and the imbalanced effort reward structure of STO sadly make it unpopular.

Still for all those god forsaken times rtfo pugs drag me and my teams into Storming the Spire (boring design) Procyon 5 (stupid design) and Days of Doom (the biggest turn of ever) I shal not rest until I trigger infected ground for the OP myself. >:)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Days of Doom was okay, but now it seems to be suffering from some issues.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Infected ground is one of the best PvE they ever did in my opinion. Missing elite version and the imbalanced effort reward structure of STO sadly make it unpopular.

Still for all those god forsaken times rtfo pugs drag me and my teams into Storming the Spire (boring design) Procyon 5 (stupid design) and Days of Doom (the biggest turn of ever) I shal not rest until I trigger infected ground for the OP myself. >:)

lol Yes I really dislike those maps, Storming the Spire however why ? just why ? go to Dyson Baattlezone, do the dailies in less time than this PvE and earn 3/4 times the marks and Dil. Just converting 100 marks to the Elite token from the dailies still leaves you with more marks left over than running that snoozefest of a PvE.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
This discussion has been closed.