test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Challenge Results!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's time to announce the results of our #FoundryChallenge! Congratulations to XR-377!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11064813

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Congrats to XR-377 and everyone else who take part. For my vote it was a really, really tough call and there's plenty of props for great mission building to go around.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • vicormavicorma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Congratulations XR-377. This was a great challange and a real fun to play all missions.
    Hera%20squad%20logo1a.png
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winner. I'll definitely have to try-out that mission eventually, cool title of it. Glad the winner received a worthwhile prize too. Also, thanks to all the contributors. I used to play & enjoy the Foundry on a regular basis back when I played STO regularly.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations to the winner. If Cryptic farmed out more missions and made them 'official' maybe we'd get more than 6 missions a year. Honestly, giving someone any ship of their choice costs Cryptic nothing, yet is of value to the player/creater, and they get more product. Find the best foundry people and have them do whole multi-mission arcs for free virtual items.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winner. If Cryptic farmed out more missions and made them 'official' maybe we'd get more than 6 missions a year. Honestly, giving someone any ship of their choice costs Cryptic nothing, yet is of value to the player/creater, and they get more product. Find the best foundry people and have them do whole multi-mission arcs for free virtual items.

As an aside: the Foundry and Cryptic's missions have different technical underpinnings and to make a player created mission "official" it would have to be rebuilt from scratch by Cryptic at about the same level of work as an original mission. So, Cryptic can't farm out to the Foundry but we can continue to have challenges and find more spotlights to make some of the best Foundry content more generally accessible.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

As an aside: the Foundry and Cryptic's missions have different technical underpinnings and to make a player created mission "official" it would have to be rebuilt from scratch by Cryptic at about the same level of work as an original mission. So, Cryptic can't farm out to the Foundry but we can continue to have challenges and find more spotlights to make some of the best Foundry content more generally accessible.

That differentiation is good to know between Cryptic's efforts & Foundry contributors' efforts involved.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Congrats XR-377!

:cookie: (obligatory cookie)
  • pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Congrats to XR-377.

If you are a KDF-sided player and are wondering, why the mission is not spotlit, then choose to review content and search for Flower. Apparently only 6 players have reviewed the KDF version up to now.