test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 FLEET GUARDIAN CRUSIER

terran#1170 terran Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Hi all how would you fit this ship as it seems week in battles now I don't have 10's of millions in fleet credits to spend on epic stuff so with this in mined how would you fit it?

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Protection and fire power
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited January 2019
      Since the reply you got wasn't exactly helpful, I will attempt to expand a bit.

I threw this build together as a budget build that uses Reputation Gear a long with some Fleet Stuff (just the Warp Core) and things you can find cheaply on the exchange or craft yourself.

This is an Aux2Bat build, so it's important that you have Technicians slotted to your active duty roster to make it work. I have filled those out in the 'Duty Officers' tab. You can get free VR quality ones by farming the B'Tran Cluser, in the mean time you can just use Rare Quality ones you may already have or get from the exchange. The only one that might be somewhat expensive is the Fabrication Officer that extends the duration of Reverse Shield Polarity. I put it in as a Rare, last time I checked those weren't too badly priced.. but if they're outrageous you can get a Green one for the time being.

This build assumes you do not have access to consoles from any event ships.

This is just a quick throw together of how I would do it. If you don't understand the mechanics of how it works or have a question on a specific item please feel free to ask. This ship should be able to handle any missions the game throws at you. :smile:
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
      Nice job Sea. Was wondering what to do with the LtC science spot as I used to use FBP on this ship before Season 13 changes. Tanky works though, as the ship is a tank.

p.s. Did you mean to put kemocite 1 in the ensign tac slot instead of tac team?
      edited January 2019
      protoneous wrote: »

p.s. Did you mean to put kemocite 1 in the ensign tac slot instead of tac team?

Nope, I didn't mean to do that.. my mistake.

OP, you will want to change that Kemocite to Tac Team 1.. sorry about that. Thanks @protoneous good catch! :smile:
    • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
      edited January 2019
      You can use kemo1 just fine with a tactical team 2 if the situation demands. it. Kemo2 could be simply outside of the man's price range and the difference is not crucial at this point. You use the tactical team for shield redistribution and slight damage boost.

I'd propose using two tac officers in your case and running the Guardian's boff layout as described below.

Lt Com Tactical - kemo1, apb1, faw 3
      Ensign Universal (tactical instead of engineer) - tactical team1
      Lt Engineer (int) - OSS1, a2b1
      Commander Engineer - EptS1, a2b1, Eptw3, RSP3
      Lt Commander (Sci) -PH1, HE2, ST3.

It's way more reliable.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        casualsto wrote: »
        You can use kemo1 just fine with a tactical team 2 if the situation demands. it. Kemo2 could be simply outside of the man's price range and the difference is not crucial at this point. You use the tactical team for shield redistribution and slight damage boost.

I'd propose using two tac officers in your case and running the Guardian's boff layout as described below.

Lt Com Tactical - kemo1, apb1, faw 3
        Ensign Universal (tactical instead of engineer) - tactical team1
        Lt Engineer (int) - OSS1, a2b1
        Commander Engineer - EptS1, a2b1, Eptw3, RSP3
        Lt Commander (Sci) -PH1, HE2, ST3.

It's way more reliable.

Also a good suggestion, by no means do I mean to say my way is 'right' or 'wrong,' it's just how I like to do things.

Your layout is good too, I was trying to keep things as budget as possible and figured for a newer player that having a hull heal in place of Kemocite would be better. Your change also negates any method of fixing offline system from OSS.

For that reason, I would argue the 'reliability' part, but I still like your idea.
      • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
        Or drop OSS and get a ET.

But usually if you need the ET too, you clearly have a survivability issue which wouldn't save you by having a ET1.

Worst things that can happen with OSS are having your shields offline. On a tanky ship like that, running Polarize hull and Hazard Emitters, that wouldn't be such a disaster, but dropping TT or Kemo would drop the output pretty seriously.

Also running 2x tacticals allows you to run 2x SRO's on the ship, therefore you get a bonus of 5% crth and 10% crtd from those two boffs, which would totally matter, especially if you're an engineer in an engineering oriented ship.