test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase one (and Counterpoint) selecting enemies and threat

risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
First of all, I have not played Starbase One on the PC. On PS4 however, it very often happens that you're trying to select a ship that needs protection, only to end up selecting the Starbase. It is a similar issue with DS9 in 'Counterpoint' (and I know for certain that the issue also exists on PC for that mission).

Can this be changed? There is almost no need to select the base, while those ships can blow up pretty quickly especially during the second phase if they're not healed.

Also, those evacuation ships seem to generate a lot of threat.
Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The target radius for both Starbase 1 and DS9 is rather large, even on PC.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The targetting on console has always been a mess with how it prioritises friendlies over hostiles and the MASSIVE hitboxes other things have which end up making targetted abilities almost impossible.

For SB-1 on console the best bet is to abuse the lazy design and learn where the enemies spawn from then simply camp that spot so you're killing them before they get a chance to move.

Also helps to have one player stick to the either of the outside edges keeping spawns in check while the other three act as floaters.

If the escaping ship gets into bother abilities like the undine rep bubble helps a wee bit as does the cardassian support cluster if placed along the path. Lukari ship consoles also good but thats scarce for a lot of consoles players due to how they handled the ships arrival and blocking it out of ever being an account unlock. Also look into aoe heals rather than ones that need a ship targetted.

For both counterpoint and SB-1 intelligently placed grav well with decent pull will draw enemies off although it won't stop the escape ships from lighting up that neon "purple klingons suck" sign and aggroing far more than a passive ship ever should.
This discussion has been closed.