test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Bajoran Ship Availability?

lava1701#6560 lava1701 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
This may be a stupid question, but will the Bajoran ship become available again in the future? Im a returning player and I regret I missed out on the Bajoran Interceptor. It also has the console and warp core that I missed out on. Do they release these kind of event ships more than once? Or if you missed it, then you missed it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    if it returns it will probably be placed into the Infinity Lockbox or the Phoenix Event as an Epic Prize. There may be some floating around in the Exchange or in the various trading channels. Although these would probably astronomically priced.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    if it returns it will probably be placed into the Infinity Lockbox or the Phoenix Event as an Epic Prize. There may be some floating around in the Exchange or in the various trading channels. Although these would probably astronomically priced.

How is an anniversary event ship going to be floating around the Exchange or trading channels? Or even the Infinity Lockbox? Is there some insider information you have, that nobody else does on an upcoming change to how any event ships would be reintroduced?
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    You've been waiting all week for someone to make this mistake, haven't you? I stand corrected because, "Yours is the superior intellect." Happy now?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    You've been waiting all week for someone to make this mistake, haven't you? I stand corrected because, "Yours is the superior intellect." Happy now?

No, I came across it less than half an hour after your initial post. You seem perturbed that someone pointed out the mistake, to help you correct yourself, and not give the OP a dose of false hope. See, if I **** up(by giving bad info if it happens, or something else), I'm adult enough to own up to it, gracious enough to not get ruffled feathers, and seek to learn from it, to do better. It's called being appreciative for the lesson. But I'll go ahead and take you acknowledging that my intellect is better, in this particular instance. It's appreciated, and you're welcome.

Now, to the important part before you got rankled, which is the OP's post:
    This may be a stupid question, but will the Bajoran ship become available again in the future? Im a returning player and I regret I missed out on the Bajoran Interceptor. It also has the console and warp core that I missed out on. Do they release these kind of event ships more than once? Or if you missed it, then you missed it?

Your question isn't stupid. I was in the same situation when I missed out on a lot of ships from ship events over the years, including the Sarr Theln and Rezreth. There is hope now, but the hope is an extremely narrow window.

To the OP, your only hope comes from one of three ways(the first two both have a precedent of happening)

1. The epic/gold token from the Phoenix Pack, if you're lucky to gain such a token.
    2. The devs feel that it is time to go back to the precedent of putting it into the lobi store, like they did for the Obelisk carrier, or the Dyson Science Destroyer.
    3. If you have the project slotted on any of your characters, you can use this upcoming anniversary event's tokens on that character towards the project. I was able to unlock the Dyson Science Destroyer a number of years after I missed the event, only because I was lucky when I held onto the project.

In either of the first two options I just listed, you won't be able to unlock it for your account, unless you are obscenely lucky, or obscenely loaded with keys/dilithium. And you would have to wait for it to be inserted into either path of acquisition, whenever that happens, and after the Ryn'kodan carrier has been reintroduced. If you have the third option available to you however, you can unlock it for your account. So regardless of what happens in the future, save your ship event projects, just in case.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If you have the project slotted, you can finish it up this year's Anniversary event. Otherwise, it will be in the Phoenix Box for your dil-spending pleasure eventually, when they get around to adding it. Probably in a year or so I'd expect.

Anything else is wishful thinking, unfortunately.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The Phoenix Pack is a great way to get gear upgrade tokens, but it's very hard to win the Epic token needed for a T6 event ship.

There are no official odds, but based on reports here the odds are 1 in 500 or worse. So if you open 500 packs, you'll get at least 600 upgrade tokens (as good as 2,400 superior tech upgrades) but *before you start*, because probability has no memory, your odds of getting at least one Epic are only 2 out of 3.

Cryptic has stated they want events to offer limited-time rewards so you play during the event, so there is very little chance that there will be any other way to get the ship other than using Phoenix Packs.

If you do get an epic token, it is a single-character unlock for one ship so use it carefully.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I opened about 550-ish phoenix boxes and got 1 ulra rare and no epic tokens. From what I've heard the chance for an Epic is about 1 in 1000 boxes.

IMO they should let people convert multiple tokens into 1 of a higher rarity. But whatever. I just wanted the warp drive from the bajoran ship to complete the set. I don't need it, it just would have been nice to have. The experimental weapon looked interesting too.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It was an exceptional ship to unlock.
    The ship is good, the trait is good, the console is good, the core is good.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    IMO they should let people convert multiple tokens into 1 of a higher rarity. But whatever. I just wanted the warp drive from the bajoran ship to complete the set. I don't need it, it just would have been nice to have. The experimental weapon looked interesting too.

Would be nice, however to justify that they'd probably have to make it a 3-1 conversion up or something along the lines of converting the Omega particle traces up. Don't forget the Phoenix Box is not just a good means of balancing the economy when it comes up (bringing the Zen price down because Dilithium is more desirable), but it also means people are buying Zen and converting it to Dilithium, making Cryptic money.

So for upgrading tokens we'd need some way to make it balanced enough that Cryptic still makes money, and we get what we want.
    casualsto wrote: »

I agree. The DOMINO is also a virtural must have for Phaser builds. Combined with Emergency Weapons Cycle trait and FaW... you pretty much have a few seconds of gatling phasers. Sounds pretty cool with Discovery phaser arrays going off.

Hell... I got a Discovery Disruptor armed one on my KDF named after a Kilrathi fighter, and she's still pretty good.

*thinking pose* Then again... most of my stuff KDF side is named after Kilrathi stuff from Wing Commander. Got a couple oddball WarCraft references, but other than that its all Wing Commander.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Would be nice, however to justify that they'd probably have to make it a 3-1 conversion up or something along the lines of converting the Omega particle traces up. Don't forget the Phoenix Box is not just a good means of balancing the economy when it comes up (bringing the Zen price down because Dilithium is more desirable), but it also means people are buying Zen and converting it to Dilithium, making Cryptic money.

So for upgrading tokens we'd need some way to make it balanced enough that Cryptic still makes money, and we get what we want.
    casualsto wrote: »

I agree. The DOMINO is also a virtural must have for Phaser builds. Combined with Emergency Weapons Cycle trait and FaW... you pretty much have a few seconds of gatling phasers. Sounds pretty cool with Discovery phaser arrays going off.

Hell... I got a Discovery Disruptor armed one on my KDF named after a Kilrathi fighter, and she's still pretty good.

*thinking pose* Then again... most of my stuff KDF side is named after Kilrathi stuff from Wing Commander. Got a couple oddball WarCraft references, but other than that its all Wing Commander.

If you have Redirecting Arrays as a trait, BFaW lasts longer than just a few seconds. Or Withering Barrage for CSV, or Go For the Kill for CRF. Up to 14-15 seconds worth of pewpew or dakka dakka. Of course, if you don't have the DOMINO console, the one from the new temporal cruiser(Vor'ral for KDF for example) works for increased haste.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Please help to advise what these terms mean?

1. CSV = ?
    2. CRF = ?
    3. Can you stack both the DOMINO console and the haste console from the KDF Vor'ral ?
    (This is a genuine question, to try understand STO game mechanics more).
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    ...If you have Redirecting Arrays as a trait, BFaW lasts longer than just a few seconds. Or Withering Barrage for CSV, or Go For the Kill for CRF. Up to 14-15 seconds worth of pewpew or dakka dakka. Of course, if you don't have the DOMINO console, the one from the new temporal cruiser(Vor'ral for KDF for example) works for increased haste.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Cannon Scatter Volley and Cannon Rapid Fire. BFAW is Beam Fire At Will.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    CSV = Cannon Scatter Volley
    CRF = Cannon Rapid Fire

And you can slot both consoles, I just don't know how effective it would be. It might stack normally or it might not. I'm not a number cruncher.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    w00q wrote: »
    Please help to advise what these terms mean?

1. CSV = ?
    2. CRF = ?
    3. Can you stack both the DOMINO console and the haste console from the KDF Vor'ral ?
    (This is a genuine question, to try understand STO game mechanics more).
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    ...If you have Redirecting Arrays as a trait, BFaW lasts longer than just a few seconds. Or Withering Barrage for CSV, or Go For the Kill for CRF. Up to 14-15 seconds worth of pewpew or dakka dakka. Of course, if you don't have the DOMINO console, the one from the new temporal cruiser(Vor'ral for KDF for example) works for increased haste.

Hastes do stack, but since the Vor'rals console stops the buff if the ship you have targeted dies, activating D.O.M.I.N.O. at the same time would just make the Vor'ral console's active Haste buff stop sooner. Well, unless you're doing a single-target build and tagging a ship you're not targetting. I had a fair bit of trouble keeping the Vor'ral's console up without accidentally killing the ship I had tagged on a somewhat forward FAW build, even if I had only the rear arc weapons facing it in things like Argala.
This discussion has been closed.