test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting lame

I would love to dive back in to this game. God knows im trying. Its been about 6months since my last mash session. Unfortunately not much new content, except the Jems. And its my understanding that was sorta just thrown together and put out because it was time to put something out. Im not hatin or trollin, just sittin here with a fist full of money and nothing to buy on my old fave game to get me right back in it. Maybe its time for ARC to get some new blood in there? Some fresh ideas. Something besides (30% off sale) the same TRIBBLE I bought over a year ago?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Well, right now, Cryptic seems more interested in revamping the old....than adding new stuff. Though, I don't think there is anything wrong with the old stuff. You caught them in the middle of the revamping stage.

Not sure when that cycle is going to change back.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited January 2019
    The Jem'Hadar ships were very popular. And the Victory is Life missions were, too....even though I thought it was just too much cut scenes, not enough video game "playing".

Maybe it would help if you tell them what you are looking for? What faction? More story missions? More team PvE queues? Players in the forums may point you in a direction to look for that stuff.

Of course, there is always missions in the Foundry. They finally got that fixed and up and running after a mishap.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I've decided to take a break from this game they have added way to many rep systems and to make things worse they added t6 to the rep systems.
    Just remember it is the holidays. Some folks are not back to work this week, yet.

AND they are planning a huge Anniversary Event in February, it may even start in January...
    So, keep your eyes open in the Dev Blogs for those notices.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Well, right now, Cryptic seems more interested in revamping the old....than adding new stuff. Though, I don't think there is anything wrong with the old stuff. You caught them in the middle of the revamping stage.

Revamping stage? What, reordering the episode list is a "revamping stage?" Oh, please. That's just a little tinkering most people would've hardly even noticed if it wasn't for the bugs.
    edited January 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

Revamping stage? What, reordering the episode list is a "revamping stage?" Oh, please. That's just a little tinkering most people would've hardly even noticed if it wasn't for the bugs.

They removed some missions all together, they added random STFs, they been changing UIs and such for some time, now.
    They are looking at revamping things in the game in order to make things more accessible.

Edit.....Let me rephrase: they are re-evaluating things in the game and moving toward revamps.

Is that better?
    Post edited by where2r1 on

They are changing the way events will be centered on PvE queues instead of story missions. If you remember that.

So there is re-evaluations and revamps and changes going on. Most likely the reason there is a new EP.

You can ignore that if you like. You can eat my combat boots, too...where ever those went....probably in a trash heap, somewhere.

• detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'm right with you OP. I would love to dive back into the game as well. I log in daily to run whatever event they have (and to run some DOFF and Admiralty on my Gamma), but I have been really looking for an excuse to level a character again and get sucked back into the game.

I was hoping for a full recruitment event with VIL, then again with Discovery, but no reason to level another toon so far. I have a Cardassian unlock and a want-to-be Discovery toon just begging to be created, but without a reason (aka a recruiting event and the benefits they bestow) I'm just not going to level ANOTHER alt through all of the same old missions again.

I am hoping they do something really grand for the anniversary/Discovery part 2 that makes me want to level another toon again, but I am not holding my breath. The TFO was a good addition for many and I think it could have been and is a good idea in theory, but until they allow me to make a separate ground build (active traits and specializations) and a space build I haven't and won't be queuing for TFOs.

Unlike many of the naysayers I am not anti-Discovery (even though I haven't played any of those missions except the BBS event) and really hope that part 2 introduces some really cool stuff and a reason to level a new alt (I want to experience DISCO stories with a DISCO toon).

VIL was pretty awesome and if you haven't made a Jem'Hadar and experienced that though, you should. My only complaint is I feel the arc was too short and ended too soon. The Vanguard package with it's universal ships (once leveled) and their wingman mechanics make them some of the best ships in the game IMO.

The only updates they have made recently that I am just not a fan of is the revamp to the mission log. They made it unnecessarily hard to access many of the old "filler" missions.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Or we can ignore it...
    But can you ignore my boot up your bum?

You couldn't find anyone else bum because you have your nose so far up Cryptic's a$$ that you can't see anything else.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited January 2019
    Fine, mine was a joke too.
    Fine, mine was a “joke” too.
    >A comment calling someone an TRIBBLE kisser is the same as making a comment about the impractical situation of shoving a boot up their bum.
    No. Don't even try to compare the two.

The joke just keeps getting funnier.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Geezus, people. Stop already. I'm not even going to try and salvage this. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.