test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Short Trek, The Escape Artist, Spoilers

azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 11,135 Arc User
Just finished watching The Escape Artist, a post Discovery season 1 Harry Mudd story. It was directed by Rainn Wilson, written by the creator of the upcoming Lower Decks.

Flatly hilarious in my opinion, and the twist was great. I'll share if asked and feel free to discuss spoilers if you've already seen it.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

Robert Heinlein

#BringBackJoshuaRiker

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Greatly enjoyed it
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'd have liked that as a full episode.

Also, what was that Federation ship? Was it a Hoover Class it was hard to make out. That Tellarite was a decent character but I don't think the reverb they've added to the Tellarites and Adorians in DSC is strictly necessary.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Very enjoyable. This Ray Wilson is really good at being Harry Mudd.

I just realized that Harry Mudd's ploy in giving his fake Harry Mudd's up is not just a way to trick some money - at some point, the people will wise up and refuse to take Harry Mudd from shady bounty hunters. At which point Mudd won't have to worry as much about bounty hunters going for him, because they know it could just be an android copy.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.