test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to start the Breen missions?

misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
I know the game streamlined the episodes a little while back and in that process they removed the spectres and breen episode quests from the episode journal. Bad idea really regarding the breen since one of those missions deals with the preservers which also deals with the iconians, they called them "side quests" but really removing the breen missions left a plot hole in the storyline since the preservers are mentioned and are played during the iconian war episode arc. Anyways I've already done the spectres episodes through some Romulan at drozana station, but I can't find any way to start the breen missions. I've already tried going to Admiral Quinn, Admiral Kererek, and that Deferi ambassador guy all of which are the mission givers for the breen missions, but none of them give the option to start the quest, how do I start the breen missions?

Comments

• jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    After looking into this a bit i found the required missions in the available tab of the journal, you need Admiral Jorel Quinn and the Cold war mission.
  • misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I just looked in the available section of the episode journal and there's only one mission listed under Admiral Quinn and that's the PVP Neutral Zone Diplomacy quest. I've already looked through the entire available section and there's no breen mission available from any of those mission givers.
  • jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Then you are likely hit by an bug that came up due to this rework.

As turns out the missions in the available tab are not repeatable for some factions / toons what basically means that you did the mission after they installed the journal rework. They are working on a fix but it needs some time.
    Well it may be a bug, but on this character I haven't done any of the Breen missions yet.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    You also now need to be lvl 65 in order to do the Breen, Spectres and Lost Dominion arcs. At least on a Fed. I think KDF needs to be as well, but I haven't run a new KDF or Rom character thru the missions since the Journal revamp. They added that "new" hurdle a month or so back.

If you are on a lvl 65 character and still can't find those missions, then that definitely sounds like a bug. Don't expect a fix anytime before the new year though, what with it being the holiday season.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    Yea it must be a bug then, as my character is lvl 65 Romulan-Fed allied. Also the character is pretty new, like maybe a month old so it was probably created after the episode revamp.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yea it must be a bug then, as my character is lvl 65 Romulan-Fed allied. Also the character is pretty new, like maybe a month old so it was probably created after the episode revamp.

Try completing your mission arcs by skipping your way through everything.

I was able to play Cold Storage on my Jem Hadar and he never progressed that far in the story line. I just skipped all the missions in the main story arcs and all the Breen Missions were available to me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I've already completed every single episode in the main journal.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I've already completed every single episode in the main journal.

Same here. From what I've been reading, it seems to be an issue with Romulan characters specifically? Everyone else (fed, klingon, dominion) they always seem to be able to do the skip through and then find the available mission from the "available" tab. Roms seem stuck if you haven't done the missions yet. I was able to do Spectres and the Dominion arc, but am also stuck with no go on the Breen mission handoff "Cold War". if you are just doing it for a delta recruit requirement on this toon, you can have someone share the mission with you in a team. You DONT get rewards, but if all you are doing if for is to find the Iconian tech or whatever, you can have someone team with you for the specific mission you need.