test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannons and turrets

Are cannons and turrets part of the projectile group too?

I saw a wiki that has projectile console for a cannon and turret build.

Comments

• wraithknight#4461 wraithknight Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No projectiles are torps and mines. Cannons and turrets are energy weapons.
    Ok, thanks.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Depending on what you were looking at, the console might have other functions than just Projectile buffs. For instance the Console - Universal - Ordnance Accelerator also increases Phaser and Polaron damage, which would make it a solid choice on a cannon build using either of those energy types.
    tom61sto
    There was a projectile only console listed at the sto-pidia (I know wikis shouldn't be trusted especially for video games)

I know some consoles also boosts more than 1 thing,
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Are cannons and turrets part of the projectile group too?

I saw a wiki that has projectile console for a cannon and turret build.

On the tooltip for Cannons and Turrets (and Beams) the damage class is listed as "Energy Damage" whereas Torpedoes and Mines are listed as "Kinetic Damage".

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    tom61sto
    There was a projectile only console listed at the sto-pidia (I know wikis shouldn't be trusted especially for video games)

I know some consoles also boosts more than 1 thing,

Wait what? Unless the stuff is really new the wiki is fairly up to date with several people (dedicated players) trying to keep it that way.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

@odinforever20000
    It was a energetic protomatter console that boosts kinetic damage in the "cannons" sections at the STO wiki. I think a youtuber somewhere said it too or I don't recall at the moment.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    @odinforever20000
    It was a energetic protomatter console that boosts kinetic damage in the "cannons" sections at the STO wiki. I think a youtuber somewhere said it too or I don't recall at the moment.

The Energetic Protomatter Matrix infusers do come in flavors that boost specific energy types like phaser/Disruptors/Pol ect.. as well as a minor boost to projectile weapons...So..It should be listed as a console that "enhance damage" section on Any cannon page.

But I think your saying those (the Kinetic Protomatter Matrix infusers) shouldn't be in the + All damage portion of the (or a Phaser cannon) page.

But since there is a % boost to Directed Energy Damage on the Kinetic Variant..That would affect a Cannon.

As far as "wikis" shouldn't be trusted..Eh..an error here or there shouldn't make it a not trusted source..We all play the game like you do so when you see something fix it or let someone know so it can remain as accurate as possible for other players.
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.