test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wrecking Ball (commando spec): does everybody hate this power?

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
All my characters with Commando spec have 14 out of 15. I'd rather lose 0.3% of weapon damage than have to see the mine from Wrecking Ball, even if it didn't risk consuming On-Next-Attack buffs. Everybody I've asked so far wishes they'd left it out of their build, too... what do you think?

Personally I think it should be replaced with a very short duration defensive buff to bring back its original utility in an era where dodge chance isn't worth much. Maybe "You gain +200 all damage resistance while executing a tactical Roll." Something like that. Making tactical Roll do something extra is a good idea, but the way it worked out is more of an annoyance than a benefit.

Wrecking Ball (commando spec): does everybody hate this power? 9 votes

I hate this stupid mine. It does no damage, it steals my Ambush or Shroud, and it looks dumb.
44%
guriphuthay8472hossbuddisqord#9557 4 votes
The mine is awesome and I love it.
11%
warpangel 1 vote
I have no opinion, I'm just here to roll my face on the keyboard and collect dilithium.
44%
wardcalisroguealltrekruinthefunmournblade#1863 4 votes

Comments

• guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    I hate this stupid mine. It does no damage, it steals my Ambush or Shroud, and it looks dumb.
    Hard to say. Probably not much now that I don't use a pulsewave any more, and less again since I don't PVP any more. Probably pretty frequently on Bug Hunt, though.
  • mournblade#1863 mournblade Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have no opinion, I'm just here to roll my face on the keyboard and collect dilithium.
    I think the ability is situationally useful, such as on target rich missions like Bug Hunt or Arena of Sompek. So I wouldn't necessarily advocate removing it, but perhaps the mechanics could be revisited for it.

TBH, my bigger issue is not being able to swap to Commando during story missions that have both space and ground aspects, or a random TFO when you don't have time to change specs once you see which mission you get.
    Post edited by mournblade#1863 on